Official Community Forums Home

Sex Sex And More Sex

• Members

We all talk about sex, needing it, wanting it, getting it, not getting it, new things old things etc... But if it were up to you how many times a week would your realistically like to have sex with your partner? How many times a week do you have sex now. Why the discrepancy if there is one. What changes would you like?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We average 5-6 times a week. Daily we are doing something, oral, manual if not intercourse. We touch constantly. I would say for me I'd leave it as is. I wouldn't want less, but if it dropped, so be it. The only changes we would like are more private opportunity. We're looking forward to vacation. Come on May!

• Members
We all talk about sex, needing it, wanting it, getting it, not getting it, new things old things etc... But if it were up to you how many times a week would your realistically like to have sex with your partner? How many times a week do you have sex now. Why the discrepancy if there is one. What changes would you like?

If it were up to me we'd have sex at least 3 times a week. Currently we have sex every week and a half to two weeks. Sometimes she is too tired, sometimes she doesn't feel good and some of her meds kill her libido. Changes that I would like, would entail an enthusiastic and willing partner. Is that really too much to ask?

Man

• Members
If it were up to me we'd have sex at least 3 times a week. Currently we have sex every week and a half to two weeks. Sometimes she is too tired, sometimes she doesn't feel good and some of her meds kill her libido. Changes that I would like, would entail an enthusiastic and willing partner. Is that really too much to ask?

Man

Absolutely not! Hopefully she will get there! :)

I have to say I could do with less! We have sex daily. When we take a break for 1-2 days it ends up being increasingly better. We always say, "Honey we should take a break tonight" then night time comes and he gives me the look and well... no break! haha

• Members
Absolutely not! Hopefully she will get there! :)

I have to say I could do with less! We have sex daily. When we take a break for 1-2 days it ends up being increasingly better. We always say, "Honey we should take a break tonight" then night time comes and he gives me the look and well... no break! haha

Shut up!!!! Girl I hate you!!!! (NOT!) :P

• Members

I feel like I am right on track. We have sex (or and otherwise) at least daily. Sometimes it is more involved than other times, but mostly it is daily. I think this is about where I would like to be for this portion of my life; meaning, with kids it is hard to have multiple times a day. Perhaps when we have the empty nest it will increase some.

• Members

I'd like to be having sex daily... and I do :D

• Members
I feel like I am right on track. We have sex (or and otherwise) at least daily. Sometimes it is more involved than other times, but mostly it is daily. I think this is about where I would like to be for this portion of my life; meaning, with kids it is hard to have multiple times a day. Perhaps when we have the empty nest it will increase some.

I'm not surprised by your response M, however I did expect for women to want less and men more. Studies I've read show empty nesters have satisfying sex, but less of it. Not looking forward to less.

Me: Due to My husbands own needs and these troubles times he has become more of a workaholic than usual. He, and his associates are pulling mega loads in his business. On top of all that he is a little older than me and seems to be slowing down when it comes to sex. Dam. So for the last several months our Sex life feels sparse. Once, maybe twice a week, It wasn't that long ago it was a whole lot more. I am complaining, but in all fairness he does work like crazy, he is not home every-night, and he tends to bring his work home sometimes, which makes it hard. For me everyday would be great, but realistically I'd like 4-5 days a week if he's home, if not when ever he's home. I'm not an empty nester yet but boy it better not get worse.

• Members

We have sex often but I'd prefer more frequency. I'm pretty much a walking hormone and can safely say she doesn't always satisfy my appetite. I've spoken about this to her so it's not something I'm harboring ill will over. To me it seems that we ought to "Want" to please each other but the past few years it seems like it's more of when she wants to be pleased. She hasn't finished a BJ since heaven knows when.

I'm trying not to place an expectation on that but for every 5-6x I go down on her she might once tease me and then say she can't do it for this that or the other reason. Sure we have sex so I can't complain but seeing as how she would do it all the time before kids it's a bit unnerving and questionable for me. A different girl (before marriage) told me she only liked to perform that for someone she "loved" and my mind can't help but wonder if that's the case here.

Sorry to go off topic.

To answer the question I'd change the frequency and types of sex we have to bring us closer. I guess I should get to discussing this with her over a sitcom after the kids are in bed.

Great thread idea.

• Review Team

It's hard for me to answer this one because he isn't home often right now, so we can't really do it any more than we are. However, he is supposed to be changing jobs soon so he can be here more and I am going to bet frequency picks up considerably at that time. ;)

I think, given the opportunity, I would want it every day.

• Members
Shut up!!!! Girl I hate you!!!! (NOT!) :P

Hahaha Sorry Chloe! I love ya! :wub: :wub:

• Members

It varies around here. With hubby working doubles, and school, and I have been pretty sick since September, regular sex was pretty much non existent. We went from at least twice a week to practically nothing. My poor hubby has been so supportive and has taken such good care of me while I was sick. During those rare moments were I felt OK for a few minutes, I would do my best to do something to pleasure him, but it just simply hurt to much for me. Now that I am feeling better and the new meds are working, my sex drive is coming back full speed ahead. I am waiting for 2 packages to come in the mail...thats 3 nights of fun!!

• Members
It varies around here. With hubby working doubles, and school, and I have been pretty sick since September, regular sex was pretty much non existent. We went from at least twice a week to practically nothing. My poor hubby has been so supportive and has taken such good care of me while I was sick. During those rare moments were I felt OK for a few minutes, I would do my best to do something to pleasure him, but it just simply hurt to much for me. Now that I am feeling better and the new meds are working, my sex drive is coming back full speed ahead. I am waiting for 2 packages to come in the mail...thats 3 nights of fun!!

I'm very happy for you that your starting to feel better, and once those packages come.... do tell!

I personally wish it could be more. But, with his schedule as it is, and I always seem to be on my period one of his weeks home (he refuses to have sex while I'm on my period, grosses him out), it's hard. Plus, I'm not in the mood a lot, and I know why too. I don't want to get pregnant, and he wants me to get pregnant. Hell, I'm on the Pill, and after we finish up, I put foam up inside too, just to have that extra step!! LOL

After DD's surgery, I am going to go speak with my GYN, and see if there's some way for our insurance to cover Mirena. I hate taking pills, and remembering to do so, and I hate putting stuff in my body on a daily basis.

• Members
I personally wish it could be more. But, with his schedule as it is, and I always seem to be on my period one of his weeks home (he refuses to have sex while I'm on my period, grosses him out), it's hard. Plus, I'm not in the mood a lot, and I know why too. I don't want to get pregnant, and he wants me to get pregnant. Hell, I'm on the Pill, and after we finish up, I put foam up inside too, just to have that extra step!! LOL

After DD's surgery, I am going to go speak with my GYN, and see if there's some way for our insurance to cover Mirena. I hate taking pills, and remembering to do so, and I hate putting stuff in my body on a daily basis.

why not get your tubes tied instead?

• Members

I'm currently in a somewhat "long distance" relationship - far enough awat thay between mom duties and freeway traffic, being together every night isn't possible. Typically we are together 2-4 times per week - have sex 90% of the time when we're together. We both wish it was more often - so we use e-mail to spice up the nightsdays we aren't together. When we do have extended time together (week or more) on vacation we have sex at least once a day. We both joke that we're making up for lost time - prior relationship(s) for both of us were devoid of sex for the most part. Must admit it is awesome to be with someone who enjoys sex as much as I do, who feels it is an extremely important part of the relationship, who enjoys giving as much or more then receiving........... never expected to find this at this point in my life.

• Members
.......... never expected to find this at this point in my life.

That gives hope to a lot of people!

It varies a lot around here. Energy level, health (meds) play a role. Probably happens about twice a week most of the time. I often wish it was twice a day. Quite a switch from a few years ago. Karma's a bitch sometimes!

why not get your tubes tied instead?

I would LOVE too!!! We're saving $$ for DD's surgery first. Then I may look into it, if I can't get Mirena put in. We have a super-high deductable & really crappy coverage. I have to look into whether or not a tubal would even be covered by our insurance company.

• Members
honestly if there was no risk of my partner cheating on me, resenting me, or guilt tripping me i would say never to maybe once every few months or so...

Really? Can I ask why you have such a disinterested view of sex? I know a little of what has happened to you in the past, but you seem like a very smart woman, one who could get past things if she wanted to. So, can I pry for more info?

Guest eminatic

i dont know...for as long as i can remember ive just had absolutely NO sex drive whatsoever.

i was that way even before i met my ex...i thought masturbation was something only men did and that there was no such thing as a female orgasm. the thought of female masturbation never even occured to me until my ex started pestering me about it.

i also started birth control when i was very young ( i think either freshman or sophomore year in highschool due to health reasons) and thought that was a possible reason for my complete lack of interest in sex...but i recently switched prescriptions and it feels like im actually slightly less interested than before. since im probably destined to be single for the rest of my life i never bothered to switch to another birth control but i might soon simply due to the cost...