Official Community Forums Home

I Cant Fricking Believe This!

angelkisses98

• Members

OK, so many of you know I work with special needs kids. There is one girl in my class, it's a known fact mom hooks. DYFS has been called several times over the years on suspected sexual abuse. there has always been a suspision of mom hooking out my girl as well. Of course, DYFS(here sooooo wonderful <_< ) calls mom to make an appt!! of course everything is going to appear honkey dorey.

So today, shes in the bathroom crying, one of the aides goes in there, and get this!! she has 100;'s or sores which look like herpes or warts all over and in her vaginal and anal area!! :( and some were bleeding. So we took her to the nurse, who btw refuses to even LOOK!!. thats their job!! DO IT!!. So, the social and case worker had to be calledin, mom and dad both had to be called as well as dyfs..problem is we cant ask her whats going on, because, 1. she's pretty low, 2. she has limited vocab. 3. what she does have, its very very hard to understand. I am so sickened by this..i spent most of my day in tears

• Members
OK, so many of you know I work with special needs kids. There is one girl in my class, it's a known fact mom hooks. DYFS has been called several times over the years on suspected sexual abuse. there has always been a suspision of mom hooking out my girl as well. Of course, DYFS(here sooooo wonderful <_< ) calls mom to make an appt!! of course everything is going to appear honkey dorey.

So today, shes in the bathroom crying, one of the aides goes in there, and get this!! she has 100;'s or sores which look like herpes or warts all over and in her vaginal and anal area!! :( and some were bleeding. So we took her to the nurse, who btw refuses to even LOOK!!. thats their job!! DO IT!!. So, the social and case worker had to be calledin, mom and dad both had to be called as well as dyfs..problem is we cant ask her whats going on, because, 1. she's pretty low, 2. she has limited vocab. 3. what she does have, its very very hard to understand. I am so sickened by this..i spent most of my day in tears

Thank goodness you cared enough to keep your eyes open. We need more people like you.

• Members

You need a license to have a dog, but anyone can have a kid if they want to.

There are few things more disgusting that neglecting and/or abusing a child. And the frustrating thing is, becoming a ward of the State would be no bargain either.

I can only imagine some of the terrible things you see. But that goodness someone is there for these kids.

• Members

There are few things more disgusting that neglecting and/or abusing a child. And the frustrating thing is, becoming a ward of the State would be no bargain either.

I can only imagine some of the terrible things you see. But that goodness someone is there for these kids.

some of the crap i have seen and heard will make your blood boil! I have seen autistic kids doused in gasoline and burned, i have seen kids whos parents have dunked their feet into boiling water..there are kids there that have been starved and locked in closets for days ect...and some of these kids are still with their parents

• Members

Thank you for your diligence. Because of you and that aide, this poor child's physical nightmare may be over. I hope that the girl can find a way to heal emotionally from this.

Angelkisses, I can't imagine what you go through when dealing with such a tragedy. I would never be able to control myself if I knew that was happening to a child that I worked with on a regular basis.

• Members

*BIG HUGS* I am so sorry you have to see this, but am greatful that someone as wonderful as you is looking out for these kids! Children with special needs have always found a place in my heart and it kills me to see any child, let alone one who can't help themselves, in this situation.

I'm appalled that ANYONE can ignore this problem, particularly those who work in the business of trying to help them! Let me get one minute with that nurse and you'll be able to find a new one that will do their job. >.<

• Members

Wow - so sad. you work in a very tough field. Hats off to you my dear.

• Members
Wow - so sad. you work in a very tough field. Hats off to you my dear.

It is a touch field, but very rewarding as well. I could not see myself doing anything else. For a lot of these kids, the school and staff are their security. We are their safe place

It's things like this that make me wonder how some people can call themselves parents. Abusers should have the same things done to them, just so they can see how it feels.

• Members

Awful! Unbelievable what these kids go through and so undeservedly... Makes me wonder...

• Members

That's terrible :(

• Members
If you tell me more, I may be able to advise. How old is she? How low IQ? Is she verbal?

Child protection agencies are bound by laws, not just to protect, but to have PROOF of damages to a child that are permanent. It's not that they are not doing their job, they get as frustrated as we do, and likely more. Your mother being a hooker, legally, is not a reason to take a child away from the mother. A physical exam for sexual abuse must be done by a physician, not a nurse to be evidentiary.

Yeah but can't they just show up at home unannouced? I mean I know when my mom got investigated they showed up whenever they felt like it (we had a crazy neighbor who hated us and mom spent nights with her boyfriend leaving us kidsin the care of my older sister)

• Members
She was not in school today.. some phone calls were made, but we have not heard anything yet.

I'll keep her in my prayers!

• Members
Even at my level of treating children who have been abused and are in foster care (I have a Master's degree and 25 years of experience) I get paid far less than a teacher, work all year (no vacation), and have NO benefits...THAT is what taxpayers really think of CYS workers and therapists who protect and heal children.

I don't doubt it Iha, it's a tough thing to do and there are way too many kids who need help and too many BS complaints as well (much like the one brought against my mom).

What Iha said. Every now and then I have to go with social workers into homes. Your elected legislative officals tie their hands with BS laws and cuts DHS funds to the bone. It is difficult to prosecute the parents. Thank god there's people like you though. Iha too.

And thank god for people like you too!

• Members

How heartbreaking! I work with adults, but I hear the same kinds of things all the time. I despair...

Glad to know there are good people fighting the good fight.

• Members
Most investigating caseworkers have about 30-50 cases on their caseload....they do not have time to just 'drop in' unannounced (as much as they might like to)...to go to a home and have no one there wastes an incredible amount of time when one has that many cases....most folks do not see how much paperwork and crap a caseworker has to do each month on cases, appear in court several times a week, cooridnate services for the deadbeat parents...on top of this, in my county, a caseworker in Children and Youth Services starts their job at a whopping 22G a year, with a Bachelor's degree...they literally could make more delivering pizzas. Most workers are very young, and only use CYS as a stepping stone to a higher paying job...most don't stay more than a year or so.

Even at my level of treating children who have been abused and are in foster care (I have a Master's degree and 25 years of experience) I get paid far less than a teacher, work all year (no vacation), and have NO benefits...THAT is what taxpayers really think of CYS workers and therapists who protect and heal children.

our dyfs workers get bennies, but I am not sure about the pay. My issue with DYFS here is that they will and have removed children from their homes for a mother spanking her child after they ran out into a busy parking lot, but do nothing for children who are really being abused. And believe me it happens more then you think, I see it every day

• Members

This little stepping stone is used far too often by lazy, incompetent people who don't give a dam about the kids, only the paycheck. They are not strapped by rules and regs so much as their own feelings of being overburdened and overworked!

• Members

or the kid on my bus, that is wheel chair bound, and smells so bad that we all gag on the bus...you can open his mouth and he has 1/2' of plaque in the roof of his mouth!! DYFS has been called at least 5 times that i know of last year..and every time..they call, make and appt, she cleans him up, they tell her hes fine..and then a few months later another call...they should just go to the house without warning...or come out to the school,,,,get a good look at the condition he is really in

• Members

Thank you for looking after these kids. They need people like you.

I did the same work for almost 20 years, and got burned out.

You are a hero.

• Members
Thank you for looking after these kids. They need people like you.

I did the same work for almost 20 years, and got burned out.

You are a hero.

all i can do is make a phone call...other then that its out of my hands

• Members
all i can do is make a phone call...other then that its out of my hands

But you are aware of their situations, and you do your best to make their lives better.

Don't sell yourself short. You are a hero.

• Members
But you are aware of their situations, and you do your best to make their lives better.

Don't sell yourself short. You are a hero.

nah, im just lucky to have a job i love...and kids that i love...

• Members

Yes, the whole situation is sickening and alot of times it's these kind of scumbags who just keep cranking them out. I think it's about at the point where they should find a way to temporarily sterilize every girl who reaches puberty and you should NOT be able to reproduce if you can't pass psychological testing and be able to show that you can financially support them as well! Extreme I know (yes I know it's not feasible and just because they might pass the test at one stage of their life doesn't mean that they wouldn't lose it and sink down into the dregs later), but when you see and hear enough of these kinds of stories, as well as the whole "welfare" tangent it just leaves you cold! Thank goodness there are people like you AK who are there to give and help!