Official Community Forums Home

So Much Drama....

• Members

I'm very happy with my life and with my boyfriend, makes me so happy but my old friends of mine won't seem to let the past go. They think I'm causing more drama at work and not being honest. Matt and Kelly's relationship is going up and down after me being a part of there relationship, but it all stopped once after Kelly got upset with the fact that her boyfriend was having feelings for me so I backed off. Now Matt's friend Anthony is getting involved and they both are bringing it to work. Monday night as I was sitting outside with my boyfriend I kept receiving text messages from Anthony and he kept yelling at me through text messages about the whole situation. I told him to leave it alone cause he's feeding the fire and how sorry I am but he needs to leave it alone before he makes it any worse. He kept continuing to text message me and it caused me to break down at work.

I then went to management about it and co-manager Mark wants to wait until Friday to speak to them since thats when I'm due back into work and he'd speak to all of us then. In the mean time Anthony still continued to text message over and over again. It's gotten so out of hand now and I have no idea what to do. I told him it's considered harrassement and he doesn't believe so. I looked online and read that it's cyber bullying. I haven't replied back to any of his text messages but he continues to text to yell at me about the whole situation. I'm not going to repeat what he said cause it upsets me so much. Yesterday my mother spoke to him and he told her I'm a liar and that I'm causing so much drama when I'm indeed trying to move past everything and let it die cause I don't want to add wood to the fire. Now I have no idea what to do.... I'm so upset by this and I feel like I can't even go back to work cause I have so much anxiety. Please someone help!! :(

• Members

Sammy, You can see who the text of call is from.....DO NOT LOOK AT THE TEXTS OR ANSWER THIER CALLS! Eventually they will go away.

****It's really only drama if you allow it to be****

• Members

Very true but they keep starting things at work with me and it's affecting my job at work. He's pushing me around cause he knows I won't fight back. I remember one text from him said that things is going to get a lot worse....

• Members
Very true but they keep starting things at work with me and it's affecting my job at work. He's pushing me around cause he knows I won't fight back. I remember one text from him said that things is going to get a lot worse....

Did you save it? That's a threat pure and simple. I went through this same thing about this time last year. Save the texts and bring them with you to meeting and tell them you want to file a formal complaint. Further make it clear that you don't feel that Mark can give a fair and unbiased judgement about his friend. You have the right to a non-hostile work enviroment and he's making it very hostile. Further by delaying action Mark has sent teh message that it's okay to continue this line of behavior. If your up for it, it's gonna be a fight. But you have to stand up for yourself. Trust me love, if the big boss (marks boss) asks what your looking for as far as "punishment" make it clear that your not out for blood and thus leave that up to him but that Anthony and Mark need to know that don't have any right to harrass you and that personal matters like this need to be left outside of work.

• Members
Did you save it? That's a threat pure and simple. I went through this same thing about this time last year. Save the texts and bring them with you to meeting and tell them you want to file a formal complaint. Further make it clear that you don't feel that Mark can give a fair and unbiased judgement about his friend. You have the right to a non-hostile work enviroment and he's making it very hostile. Further by delaying action Mark has sent teh message that it's okay to continue this line of behavior. If your up for it, it's gonna be a fight. But you have to stand up for yourself. Trust me love, if the big boss (marks boss) asks what your looking for as far as "punishment" make it clear that your not out for blood and thus leave that up to him but that Anthony and Mark need to know that don't have any right to harrass you and that personal matters like this need to be left outside of work.

Mark is one of my managers. Anthony is looking after his friend Matt cause now Matt and Kelly's relationship is going down hill. I don't work until Friday and I plan on telling the managers all about Anthony texting me and harassing me. Further more people are now getting pissed off at me cause I'm taking further action and they want me to just ignore it and take the heat... which I think is bull!! I don't let anyone mess with me and I shouldn't have to feel threatened about going to work.

• Members
Mark is one of my managers. Anthony is looking after his friend Matt cause now Matt and Kelly's relationship is going down hill. I don't work until Friday and I plan on telling the managers all about Anthony texting me and harassing me. Further more people are now getting pissed off at me cause I'm taking further action and they want me to just ignore it and take the heat... which I think is bull!! I don't let anyone mess with me and I shouldn't have to feel threatened about going to work.

Ah gotcha I got names mixed up. You have to push this and if anyone else starts saying shit they have to be reported too. It's called retaliation and it is also illegal. Your doing the rigt thing by standing up for yourself. If anyone brings it up just say that you don;t think it would be appropriate to discuss and let it go, keep repeating it if you must. If you want you can PM me. Also look into your states Human Rights Division and the EEOP to find out exactly what your rights are. Save EVERYTHING, and talk to your phone company to see if there is any way of getting a paper copy of the texts you've been getting.

• Members

Tango or NotUpTight would be the ones to seek here. It may be a good idea to get the police involved here! At the very least this is harrassment, possibly venturing into terroristic threats and/or stalking!

You should save the actual texts in your phone and on paper along with the date and time. Don't allow his buddy to sweep it under the rug, and don't allow him to blame you either.

I hope his parents are real proud of the wiener they raised! He's a POS!!!

• Members

Yes I agree. Thats something I really need to do. I want this all to end cause I want to go on with my life. Anthony shouldn't have gotten involved. He should leave it at home once he clocks in at work but he always has to get involved in people problems cause he wants to act like he's some type of super hero. Anthony to the rescue!! It's all very very childish and I want he leaves me alone but he won't cause it's the way he is. I need to show him that I'm not afraid of him cause I believe he wants me to be but I'm not and it pisses him off.

• Members

The best thing you can do to one of these playground bullies is to take a stand. Covering your ass is most important! File a report with the PD and your boss. Don't physically assault him unless he does something stupid.

• Members

Can you block the messages from coming in? We have Alltel, and we can block messages from any number we wish by doing some simple programming. It's actually worked quite well for us because we were being harassed too. The harassment ended as soon as we programmed the phones.

I agree with some of the suggestions already mentioned.

Keep the messages on your phone that you already have. Go to your boss, if you haven't already done so. Show them your harrassing incoming texts. The number should be either on the employer's list, or easy to verify anyway.

You don't need to get into gory, in-depth details. What happened between y'all is y'all's business. What you can say is something like "there was a relationship with so-&-so, but it's over, and I would just like to get past all this, in peace, without all this drama". Ask them what the proceedure is for this, and how long it should take to get started with a resolution. Ask for a copy of their documentation of your meeting with them, for proof. They have to give that to you. Give your boss a few days to get their game-plan together, if they say it'll take a few days. After the dead-line's come & gone, go in, if they haven't called you back in, and ask about the progress. Let them know if the harassing texts continue, especially on Job-Time.

If your boss doesn't resolve it to your liking, take the paperwork you have, and go to the police. Let the police know the steps you've taken to get this resolved, and let them make copies. Keep yours in a seperate file. Unfortunately, things like this need anal-like attention, to cover your ass. Also, if you have to go to the police, also call your BOSS'S BOSS. Sexual harassment is illegal and should NOT be tolerated at all, in any work place.

Good luck to you. Keep us updated!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I'm very happy with my life and with my boyfriend, makes me so happy but my old friends of mine won't seem to let the past go. They think I'm causing more drama at work and not being honest. Matt and Kelly's relationship is going up and down after me being a part of there relationship, but it all stopped once after Kelly got upset with the fact that her boyfriend was having feelings for me so I backed off. Now Matt's friend Anthony is getting involved and they both are bringing it to work. Monday night as I was sitting outside with my boyfriend I kept receiving text messages from Anthony and he kept yelling at me through text messages about the whole situation. I told him to leave it alone cause he's feeding the fire and how sorry I am but he needs to leave it alone before he makes it any worse. He kept continuing to text message me and it caused me to break down at work.

I then went to management about it and co-manager Mark wants to wait until Friday to speak to them since thats when I'm due back into work and he'd speak to all of us then. In the mean time Anthony still continued to text message over and over again. It's gotten so out of hand now and I have no idea what to do. I told him it's considered harrassement and he doesn't believe so. I looked online and read that it's cyber bullying. I haven't replied back to any of his text messages but he continues to text to yell at me about the whole situation. I'm not going to repeat what he said cause it upsets me so much. Yesterday my mother spoke to him and he told her I'm a liar and that I'm causing so much drama when I'm indeed trying to move past everything and let it die cause I don't want to add wood to the fire. Now I have no idea what to do.... I'm so upset by this and I feel like I can't even go back to work cause I have so much anxiety. Please someone help!! :(

I realize this is a concept most young people can not fathom but here it is. You are on your bosses time when you are at work. Your phone should be in your truck or your locker NOT ON YOUR PERSON!!! It's your phone-you are paying for minutes or however the hell they work that you do have a choice IGNORE IT!!! My Mom used to tell me to ignore bullies-idiots-jerkoffs and they would just go away. That didn't always work. Beating the living crap out of one butthead worked real well for me once. The kid NEVER EVER bothered me again. It's not your bosses problem to solve issues in your personal/social aspects of life. Besides the easiest way for them to solve the problem would be to fire everyone involved. Something you may want to consider...personally you sound like an idiot to me and your friends are all idiots also. Cell phones are NOT a problem for me. I do not have one nor do I want one and live a happy life cell phone free!!

• Members

I must say I agree with that about the phones, and being on the bosses' time. At that same time if you work in a place like I, Dillards, drama, gossip, and back stabbing is the name of the game. Even if most employees follow the rules about the phones, we have insane amounts of drama and fights, we're one of the worst workcenters for that sort of thing and we do our best to not let it reach the managers least they pull some serious shit down on our heads because we couldn't handle each other. I learned within my first two weeks, to hold my own against imbeciles there, because it would be that or become a center of the drama.

• Members
I realize this is a concept most young people can not fathom but here it is. You are on your bosses time when you are at work. Your phone should be in your truck or your locker NOT ON YOUR PERSON!!!

Well yes and no. I know for us we use our phones to communicate at work, with work. If I'm up blasting on the hill and they need to get in touch with me they call my phone as the radios suck. Further when I was in the theatre between venues we'd use our cells as they were reliable and constant. Its up to the employers as to what their cell policy is. Not only that but she never actually said that she was using her phone at work. Just that she broke down there (which is also where the offending party works).

Also the employer does have a responiblity to step in if problems are happening at work, which clearly they are if she is breaking down. Further if he is threatening her they have to do everything in their power to protect her on company property.

aaaaaaaaaaaa

??? Was there a point to this, or is this a general response of yours, since I noticed another post's response of yours was the same?

• Members
??? Was there a point to this, or is this a general response of yours, since I noticed another post's response of yours was the same?

Looks like they are all the same Tyger... Maybe a spammer. I reported it.

I did as well, cuz I went back (since I've been away due to working a lot), and checked, and this poster's either lacking creativity, or needs to find something else to do with their spare time. LOL