Official Community Forums Home

Problems With Condoms?

laurilynt

• Members

My boyfriend and I have been having sex for quite some time now and we keep encountering this problem. He cant seem to keep it up with a condom on. I dont know if it is too tight...he says his mind is in the mood and he doesnt understand why he cant keep it up. Can anyone help with some suggestions? We have tried more foreplay, and that only helps while the foreplay is going on. My only concern is that he seems to embarrassed when this happens and I dont like to see him so frustrated...any help?

• Members

Well it could be a loss of sensation? Have you tried teh ultra thin condoms? Or try switching to a magnum. Also, try adding a drop of lube inside the condom, it'll help it feel more realistic for him. Ummmmm oh you could also invest in a cock ring...

• Members
Well it could be a loss of sensation? Have you tried teh ultra thin condoms? Or try switching to a magnum. Also, try adding a drop of lube inside the condom, it'll help it feel more realistic for him. Ummmmm oh you could also invest in a cock ring...

we already use magnum larges...and ultra thins break when we try to put them on. tried the lube, but a cock ring might be a good investment youre right. Thanks

• Members
we already use magnum larges...and ultra thins break when we try to put them on. tried the lube, but a cock ring might be a good investment youre right. Thanks

hmmm yeah that would be my olnly other suggestion, try the lube in the condom too, you only need a drop and trojan makes them like that now, you can find them here in Magnum

• Members

He may have a bit of a blood flow issue. Many men who have slight issues with this have difficulties with condoms. I dated a man who would be hard as a rock until the condom went on, then it was like a balloon slowly deflating. We tried everything, but it just didn't work with the condom. Eventually, we got tested for STDs and ditched the condoms....but, this may not be the ideal thing for you.

If it is a blood flow issue, then a cock ring will DEFINITELY help. Just remember to be careful not to rip the condom when putting on the cock ring, or do the ring first, then the condom.

Guest eminatic

you could also try polyurethane or polyisoprene condoms. these materials transfer heat better and are supposed to allow for more sensation, although i don't know personally because i'm not a guy

• Members

One of the reasons I hated condoms. From stopping the action in order to fumble and grab the package in the dark, rip it open, get the thing out, make sure it's started in the right direction, roll it on and pinch the end, the shift in mental focus from what I was doing would often start to deflate Mr. Happy. It goes from making love to working out a mechanical problem. And once Mr. Happy starts to go, with the condom on and associated loss of sensation, there was no bringing him back. Then anxiety sets in; "Oh, no! It's going away." Which makes it go away even faster, and makes the problem worse the next time around.

What would help me a little would be keeping the package within easy reach, maybe partly opened already, and get it on and plunge away quick.

Guest eminatic
One of the reasons I hated condoms. From stopping the action in order to fumble and grab the package in the dark, rip it open, get the thing out, make sure it's started in the right direction, roll it on and pinch the end, the shift in mental focus from what I was doing would often start to deflate Mr. Happy.

that sounds like it could be cured if your partner learned to put it on for you with their mouth

• Members

I'm a firm believer in cock rings...no pun intended :rolleyes:

I would NOT recommend using lube inside a condom. A condom should be snug, but not like it's choking his lil' soldier. Lube can make the condom too slick inside and help it slip off. Nobody wants that!

I read that you didn't know if it was too tight, but HE should. He needs to try and figure out how it makes his penis feel (choked off, itchy, numb) whatever, so that he can get some ideas on using a different type of condom. He could have allergies, have a too small of a condom, using a too thick of a condom......there are too many possibilities just to shoot off. So, ask him, and help him find the kind of condom you BOTH like.

BTW, Magnums come in 2 sizes, the large ones, and then the Magnum XLs, which is the equivelent of Super Sizing it! I made the mistake of getting the wrong size (the XLs), and opening the box before I realized it. So, there was $10 right down the drain!

• Members

how long is quite some time? Does he have any problems without a condom? My first take is that he does not want to use them any more. It also could be a performance issues in that he doesn't feel he can perform with it on and thus....

how old is he? my guess that a "18 something" would not have any medical issues that would cause the problem

• Members
I would NOT recommend using lube inside a condom. A condom should be snug, but not like it's choking his lil' soldier. Lube can make the condom too slick inside and help it slip off. Nobody wants that!

I read that you didn't know if it was too tight, but HE should. He needs to try and figure out how it makes his penis feel (choked off, itchy, numb) whatever, so that he can get some ideas on using a different type of condom. He could have allergies, have a too small of a condom, using a too thick of a condom......there are too many possibilities just to shoot off. So, ask him, and help him find the kind of condom you BOTH like.

BTW, Magnums come in 2 sizes, the large ones, and then the Magnum XLs, which is the equivelent of Super Sizing it! I made the mistake of getting the wrong size (the XLs), and opening the box before I realized it. So, there was $10 right down the drain!

I read that in a magazine somewhere... But I would think that the condoms that come lubed inside and out should be safe?

Guest eminatic

true you should not use excessive lube inside of a condom, but the general recommendation is to put a drop on the inside just to smooth things out.

true you should not use excessive lube inside of a condom, but the general recommendation is to put a drop on the inside just to smooth things out.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have no idea why this struck me funny....maybe it was the "smooth things out" part......it's the visual.....guess that would be more appreciated than say, an iron!! LMFAO Sorry....I'm in a wierd mood tonight.

I read that in a magazine somewhere... But I would think that the condoms that come lubed inside and out should be safe?

Oh yes, they usually are, but even those can slide off. And, in the heat of the moment, lube can glop on, and not really be noticed, until it's too late. I recommend that you slowly roll a condom on after some foreplay. I usually rub the head of his cock, spreading some of his pre-cum as his own, personal lube.

• Members

thanks for all the support. he is 19 by the way...almost 20. i asked him how the condoms felt on and he said that they were choked off and itchy. I assume he might need XL magnums so we are going to try a larger size next time and hopefully that will work. Thanks again for all the help!

• Members

Another possibility, that has not been mentioned, since he is so young is simply FEAR. He may Just be afraid of getting you pregnant. This happens a lot with younger guys. Have you thought about getting on the pill? This won't protect against STDs, but if you both test clear it might take the condom issue off the table.

Oh, and for the record, my doctor suggests NEVER lubing the inside of a condom, not even a little bit. One clench of the vagina and off it comes...

• Members

I am already on the pill, we just use condoms when the pill isnt working due to antibiotics and messed up cycles and such. I already know that neither of us has an STD because we were both eachother's firsts. I just like the security of a condom...

• Members

Oh, and for the record, my doctor suggests NEVER lubing the inside of a condom, not even a little bit. One clench of the vagina and off it comes...

I think that might be why I have 3 kids... OOPS!

Guest eminatic

really? i never knew that (and also never tried) my gyn always told me that they were more likely to break if they didnt have a little bit on the inside

• Members

Condoms have a light dusting of 'powder' on the inside, which is designed to keep them from sticking as well as to help with the on/off situation. IF you put lube in there, the powder can stick to the penis, as opposed to being loose. IF you put too much lube, the whole inside of the condom becomes slick, and can roll down or slip off if in a particularly 'tight' situation.

Some websites I have seen say a tiny bit of lube can be used. I ask you this: how tiny? And, has anyone used lube when they are excited and ready to have sex? A little turns into a ton, and then you have a sticky mess. I suggest no lube on the inside.

The pre-lubricated condoms are lubed on the outside, not the inside.

• Members
thanks for all the support. he is 19 by the way...almost 20. i asked him how the condoms felt on and he said that they were choked off and itchy. I assume he might need XL magnums so we are going to try a larger size next time and hopefully that will work. Thanks again for all the help!

He says it is itchy? Could be a latex allergy.

Oh, I wanted to mention, on top of Mikayla's fanstatic info, that, if you DO feel some sort of slickness on the inside of a condom, it's probably the spermicide that they put in them (if the condom has it added that is.).