Official Community Forums Home

Quality Over Quantity

Quality Over Quantity  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Would You Prefer?

• Sex MORE frequently, but quicker with less foreplay?
    • Sex LESS frequently, but with lots of foreplay?
    • Sex MORE frequently, and you may or may not orgasm?
    • Sex LESS frequently, but you have the whole smorgasboard of sexual acts?
    • I don't care, whenever he/she wants to.

• Members

OK, so I was having a conversation with a good girlfriend of mine who was asking how often I have sex. When I told her, she said, 'well, you can't be orgasming every time, right?' To which I assured her, I was. Then she said, 'well, my man and I have sex about once a week, and it is fantastic, the whole sha-bang.' I replied, 'well, we usually have the whole 'sha-bang' or most of the important stuff too.

She said, "I would rather have sex once a month and have it be great, than have it twenty times a week and have it suck."

Now, while I don't doubt that she means it, but 'suck' is a bad analogy. What if, you could have sex a lot more, and it was just OK. Or, sex less and it was mind blowing? Which would you pick and WHY???

Seriously, I am so interested!

• Members
What if, you could have sex a lot more, and it was just OK. Or, sex less and it was mind blowing? Which would you pick and WHY???

Me too.

• Members
OK, so I was having a conversation with a good girlfriend of mine who was asking how often I have sex. When I told her, she said, 'well, you can't be orgasming every time, right?' To which I assured her, I was. Then she said, 'well, my man and I have sex about once a week, and it is fantastic, the whole sha-bang.' I replied, 'well, we usually have the whole 'sha-bang' or most of the important stuff too.

She said, "I would rather have sex once a month and have it be great, than have it twenty times a week and have it suck."

Now, while I don't doubt that she means it, but 'suck' is a bad analogy. What if, you could have sex a lot more, and it was just OK. Or, sex less and it was mind blowing? Which would you pick and WHY???

I chose 4 and I'll tell you why. My H and I have sex about daily. Because of this sometimes it starts to feel a bit routine. Don't get me wrong! I always have a great time but sometimes just "less great" than others.

The times we take a "break" for a day or 2 (or up to 4 like during my period) it is ALWAYS increasingly better when we resume!

So there's my 1.05 :)

• Members

Don't really mind as long as I'm getting some!

However, if I don't climax, I won't be as satisfied as I could be..... ;)

• Members

I'm gonna go for door number 2, less frequent and better with more fore (and after) play versus more frequent and not as stellar. I didn't go for the whole shootin' match, since I'm not sure I want to do everything every time -- better to mix it up. Plus I need to fit some sleep in there. Don't get enough as it is.

• Members

Great question Mikayla.

I think I would be in favor of less often with lots of foreplay, or a smorgasbord of play. Not being able to orgasm with my partner all the time might be too frustrating. I also think your partner should makes sure your needs are met unless you specify otherwise.

• Members
Great question Mikayla.

I think I would be in favor of less often with lots of foreplay, or a smorgasbord of play. Not being able to orgasm with my partner all the time might be too frustrating. I also think your partner should makes sure your needs are met unless you specify otherwise.

Lady, that's a great point. My thoughts exactly!

• Members

This is a tough call, but I would choose less often but with more foreplay and/or the whole smorgasbord. For me personally, when we have great sex, I will be turned on and ready to go again the next day. The more we have, the more I want. But DH seems to prefer a break of a day or so in between. So, if we do have sex again the next day, he's a little too tired--or something--to make it the end all and be all. The sex itself, even with orgasm, is just not as satisfying. I am discovering that with some time in between, the sex is more fun. I'd rather wait a day, let him get his ardor back up to peak, and get more satisfying sex out of it. As long as we don't let too many days lapse.

• Members

me I would say when ever because now we don't have sex that much maybe twice in a week

• Members

I'd pick number two. There is nothing like a good session of lovemaking,

and sometimes a few days between will fuel it more.

I am also like Sultrymom, if I have had a fantastic time, I want more more more!

I try to use it to my advantage and tease the heck out of him for a day or two.

Then he will be ready for round two. :P

Guest eminatic

i've never had real "foreplay"...mine consisted of being kissed for about 3 minutes while being asked "are you wet yet?" in 15 second intervals.

i think less sex with more foreplay would be better....

• Members

the thought of sex less often makes me sad. BUT if I had to choose I would chooses sex less often with the whole shabang simply because when we have sex, it is the whole shabang, it is important for us to make sure each other is taken care of.