Official Community Forums Home

What Is Love?

• Members

I was watching a show over the weekend, where the main character is emotionally shut down. He asks a couple who are in a similar funk. "How do you love? What is it?"

Their response to me was rather profound... They said, " Love is having the same dream, we have the same dream"

What would your definition of love be?

I think mine would be: "A deep connection between 2 people where the other persons happiness becomes paramount to yours..." :wub:<3

• Members

I think it is being able to be with someone and enjoying what you are doing no matter what it is. Whether it is just hanging out and talking or havnig a nice romantic night out. Being there for them no matter what. Also knowing that in the end you want them to be happy whether it is with you or not. Being able to laugh, love, be serious or silly.

The feeling of just being happy and knowing that no matter what the other person is there for you without judgement. Being friends and lovers is such a great mix.

• Members

For me, love is not being able to achieve the fullness of yourself without that other person.

• Members

IMHO, this is a multi-staged question. Love has varying depths, it is a matter of which part you seek here!

If you are talking about our SO, then it is all about where a person draws a line in the sand. Unquestionable love is when you will go anywhere, do anything to assure that their needs are met and in some rare cases, exceeded!!!

• Members
For me, love is not being able to achieve the fullness of yourself without that other person.

<3 that!

• Members
IMHO, this is a multi-staged question. Love has varying depths, it is a matter of which part you seek here!

If you are talking about our SO, then it is all about where a person draws a line in the sand. Unquestionable love is when you will go anywhere, do anything to assure that their needs are met and in some rare cases, exceeded!!!

Yes that's what I meant... IN love, you know as opposed to like loving a child...

• Members

I see the two on almost the same level! I will go there for my babies also! Just not in the same manner!

• Members

There are so many ways in which we love people and every single person will have a different definition about what it means to be "in-love". One thing we will all agree upon is the love for your child. It is a pure, boundless depth you couldn't possible imagine unless you have a child. Once you experience it your heart will open whether you want it to or not....

• Members

I think that a lot. Then I think of my wife. Love is something, it's real, - it makes you cry.

I've watched this a couple of times trying to find the answers.

• Members
I think that a lot. Then I think of my wife. Love is something, it's real, - it makes you cry.

I just watched a couple of min of it, seems good, it is over an hour long, make sure you have time to sit to watch. I'll be doing that later.

• Members

I just have to say wow. I just finished watching that and it truly nails it I think. Thank you for sharing that.

• Review Team

This is a hard one for me to answer, because in part, I never believed in love - at least not the fairy-tale-ending happily-ever-after kind of love. When I met my SO, now husband, it confused me but I was receptive to the idea of love being real because of some other things that had recently happened in my life. My shell had been cracked, so to speak, so I was able to recognize what was in front of me - love.

So, what is love then? The best I can say is that to me it is a genuine desire to put the other person's needs above your own. There are several components needed to have love - honesty, devotion, communication, etc. - but love itself is an emotion that is so strong that you would do anything to protect (menally, physically and emotionally) the person you love.

• Members

This thread is titled "What is Love," is it not? Therefore, ANYTHING not dealing exclusively with what love IS should be communicated through either PMs or another thread...or not at all. That goes for everybody.

• Members
Love is the quintessential compliment--not completement--of each other.

It's the violin and cello with their own melodies to play who, when put together, are in such harmony that it can bring chills to your skin and tears to your eyes.

That is beautiful! :wub:

• Members

I agree totally with you sun flower on the idea of another persons happiness being paramount to me in the realtionship.Where the other persons wants and needs are more important than your own.

I have been married 2x and while they were in thier own way fulfilling there was always something missing.Now I have met the most incredible woman.One who complements me in every way.Where I am rough around the edges she is smooth.Where I am quick to act she is thoughtfull.I have never believed in the term soul mate.I thought it was something for writers,and fairy tales.Well she is my soul mate.And,yes I do now believe there is such a thing.

I am so lucky to finally have found the one true love of my life.She is the most important person in my life,and the one who my life revolves around.

• Members
I agree totally with you sun flower on the idea of another persons happiness being paramount to me in the realtionship.Where the other persons wants and needs are more important than your own.

I have been married 2x and while they were in thier own way fulfilling there was always something missing.Now I have met the most incredible woman.One who complements me in every way.Where I am rough around the edges she is smooth.Where I am quick to act she is thoughtfull.I have never believed in the term soul mate.I thought it was something for writers,and fairy tales.Well she is my soul mate.And,yes I do now believe there is such a thing.

I am so lucky to finally have found the one true love of my life.She is the most important person in my life,and the one who my life revolves around.

That is wonderful! I am so very happy for you!!! :)

• Members
Love is the quintessential compliment--not completement--of each other.

It's the violin and cello with their own melodies to play who, when put together, are in such harmony that it can bring chills to your skin and tears to your eyes.

Wow, perfectly stated. I love your thought.

• Members

I've just finished watching this. I don't cry at the drop of a hat, this made me cry, several times.

Incredible film! Thank you for sharing it.

• Members
Love Is ...

Love is the greatest feeling,

Love is like a play,

Love is what I feel for you,

Each and every day,

Love is like a smile,

Love is like a song,

Love is a great emotion,

That keeps us going strong,

I love you with my heart,

My body and my soul,

I love the way I keep loving,

Like a love I cant control,

So remember when your eyes meet mine,

I love you with all my heart,

And I have poured my entire soul into you,

Right from the very start.

- Meghan -

That is so nice! Made me a bit teary! :)