Official Community Forums Home

Do You Like Your Spouse's Driving?

Do you like your spouse's driving?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your spouse's driving?

• Yes
    • No

• Members
Basic question. Comments welcome, but not required.

None of my spouses could drive well. One was terrible. I dated a woman once who had been a truck driver and a bus driver and I don't think she was very good either. Too cautious. She never went over the speed limit. I don't mind rolling along a 100 mph or so if traffic is light and I'm in the right car.

• Members

He's very competent I just don't think he has a much control over the car as I do, and he does 100 things at once while driving.

Where's the "HELL NO!!" option?????

• Like 1

• Members

mine is an amazing driver her nickname is f1 guys have commented on how crazy her driving is and that's with manual transmission and she does a million things while driving and she is very very safe driver

• Members
mine is an amazing driver her nickname is f1 guys have commented on how crazy her driving is and that's with manual transmission and she does a million things while driving and she is very very safe driver

That's an oxymoron. You can't do ANYTHING but drive while you're driving and be safe. Driving is one of the most demanding tasks we do on a daily basis and it is unsafe and irresponsible to try to do anything else while you drive.

• Members

Square, you kill me!!

I am not a hater of my H's driving but he bugs me SOOOO bad sometimes. Like if I am giving directions he will drive right past where I said TURN and then go like 3 miles more to "find a place to turn around" when he could have simply done it way before!! OR if we are going somewhere new he has wicked anxiety and can't follow the directions. He will drive to a place that he has been to a million times before and take the absolute longest route possible!

I on the other hand... hehe I like to drive, LOVE it. Nothing better to me than a sunny day a LOUD tune on the radio taking a drive.

He'll say I am a maniac. LOL

• Members

Partly I ask this question cuz I read some list in a magazine (don't know which one) about 10 secrets guys keep from their girls. #10 was, "We hate the way you drive."

And partly my perspective on this is as the household bread winner who has to pay for the cars, the gas, the repairs, and the insurance. I'm finally at a point in life (certain age, married, clean driving record, decent credit rating, not living with someone with an unclean driving record) where my insurane rates have actually gotten pretty decent. For this area, anyway. But I don't know how long that will last since my wife seems pretty oblivious to speed limits and some other things. All it takes is a ticket, maybe two, and there go the insurance rates. She does get pulled over once in a while, but so far has managed to talk her way out of trouble.

She seems to like to accelerate toward a line of cars stopped for a red light, then jams on the brakes at the last second. Pissing away good gas and brake pads for no reason. One car we have tells you what your fuel economy is. When I drive it, it's about twice as much as when she drives it.

She backed into one car of mine in the driveway. When it was 3 months old. Mashed the front pretty good. Barely scratched her car. Took out the bottom of the garage door another time cuz she didn't realize it hadn't opened all the way. (I was whining to a friend of mine about this, who told me, "Oh yeah? Well my wife totalled two of my cars. At the same time. In the driveway.")

I don't mind working hard to support my family, but when a lot of that bacon I bring home is just plain pissed away carelessly, it's a bit of a downer.

(Now after writing this, I'll probably be the one to go out and crack up a car and get declared at-fault.)

Guest eminatic
OR if we are going somewhere new he has wicked anxiety and can't follow the directions. He will drive to a place that he has been to a million times before and take the absolute longest route possible!

I do that lol. i HATE driving. especially to a place i am not familiar with the route to. especially if i have to be there by a certain time.

• Members
But I don't know how long that will last since my wife seems pretty oblivious to speed limits and some other things. All it takes is a ticket, maybe two, and there go the insurance rates. She does get pulled over once in a while, but so far has managed to talk her way out of trouble.

My insurance company allows two speeding tickets a year before the re-rate me. I used to max it out by Fall and have to behave for the rest of the year. Then I found out it was 2 tickets in a 12 month period. Damn...

She seems to like to accelerate toward a line of cars stopped for a red light, then jams on the brakes at the last second. Pissing away good gas and brake pads for no reason. One car we have tells you what your fuel economy is. When I drive it, it's about twice as much as when she drives it.

I think it's chromosomal. I never knew a woman who really paid attention to driving well. They all seemed to think not running into anything = good driving.

She backed into one car of mine in the driveway. When it was 3 months old. Mashed the front pretty good. Barely scratched her car. Took out the bottom of the garage door another time cuz she didn't realize it hadn't opened all the way. (I was whining to a friend of mine about this, who told me, "Oh yeah? Well my wife totalled two of my cars. At the same time. In the driveway.")

LOL! I used to have a Mercedes. It was a nice car with no dent's scratches or damage. I got a pickup truck and the MB became her car. She wrecked it 4 times in 2 years. Whenever she wanted to take a long trip she complained that I didn't let her take the "good car" (my truck). I pointed out that the Mercedes was the good car until she beat the crap out of it. Didn 't matter to her. She wanted a shot at my truck. LOL!

• Members
name='Sunday' date='Nov 14 2009, 02:59 AM' post='114593']

I think it's chromosomal. I never knew a woman who really paid attention to driving well. They all seemed to think not running into anything = good driving.

<_< untrue!

LOL! I used to have a Mercedes. It was a nice car with no dent's scratches or damage. I got a pickup truck and the MB became her car. She wrecked it 4 times in 2 years. Whenever she wanted to take a long trip she complained that I didn't let her take the "good car" (my truck). I pointed out that the Mercedes was the good car until she beat the crap out of it. Didn 't matter to her. She wanted a shot at my truck. LOL!

Between my husband and I, I never put a mark on our BMW, he on the other hand..........

• Members
name='square' date='Nov 14 2009, 01:03 AM' post='114590']

All it takes is a ticket, maybe two, and there go the insurance rates.

Just wait till the kiddies start driving.... and if you have a boy UGH! the rates are horrible no matter what.

And I don't know where in the NE you live, but speed of traffic is 75-80 on the highways here. Any slower and your a traffic hazard.

• Members
Just wait till the kiddies start driving.... and if you have a boy UGH! the rates are horrible no matter what.

And I don't know where in the NE you live, but speed of traffic is 75-80 on the highways here. Any slower and your a traffic hazard.

What roads are you traveling on in our area. I haven't seen that as the norm. I would say on avg most are doing about 70.

• Members

Yeah, I'm hearing horror stories from folks at work on that. Not looking forward to it.

At one time I had a roommate with one ticket on his record, and because of that, never mind that he had his own car and insurance, never mind that he never ever ever drove my car, because of that I got dumped into the high-risk pool.

Just after I finally got out of the high risk pool, I got my one and only speeding ticket. Then I bought a sporty second hand car which turned out to be a model that my insurance company would not insure, and because my policy with them had just started they were able to cancel it on me. And thanks to the ticket, I was back into the high-risk pool for another 3 years.

My parents have that same insurance company. They cracked up a car a couple of years ago. At their age I have no doubt that scumbag company would have dropped them like a hot potato if they had reported it, even though they've been with them for probably 50 years or more, accident and ticket free. They (parents) ended up paying $4k out of pocket to fix the car rather than report it.

I knew one fellow who moved into the area (NJ) from Vermont. For less than what I was paying a year for liability only, he had full coverage in VT on two cars.

I hate insurance companies, and I hate being in a high cost-of-living area, but this is where the job is and where the family roots are.

• Members
I knew one fellow who moved into the area (NJ) from Vermont. For less than what I was paying a year for liability only, he had full coverage in VT on two cars.

BINGO! Welcome to the great state of NJ were you too can pay the highest insurance rates and property taxes in the nation.

• Members

HEY! LOL

BINGO! Welcome to the great state of NJ were you too can pay the highest insurance rates and property taxes in the nation.

Yeah you sure that's not MA? (Taxachussetts)

• Members
What roads are you traveling on in our area. I haven't seen that as the norm. I would say on avg most are doing about 70.

295 and the turnpike..... always

Saturday I took 295 in the afternoon, stayed to the right for a little while, traveling along at 70mph, as people easily passed by..... impatientce got the best of me so I moved left to my usual lane.

• Members

It's not a problem with his driving....it's his total lack of patience....he gets so bent out of shape over the traffic that any trip is just stressed and unpleasant....granted I despise the idiots who get in the left lane and don't move fast enough to keep it open too but getting all riled up is NOT going to change anything. chill! <_<

• Members

I can't stand my wife's driving. She drives a stick and has been for years but when starting in 1st gear she doesn't give it enough gas when letting the clutch out and nearly stalls it EVERY TIME! She also texts and drives which drives me insane.

She has no issue with my driving depending on which if my cars I'm driving (I'm a car guy). If I'm driving my Blazer I'm sane, do maybe 5 over the limit wherever I go. When I drive my 1996 Chevy Impala SS it is another story, speed limits are meerely a suggestion (the SS tops out at 145mph...I know from experience), I race ricers from every stop light I can and regularly do doughnuts and burnouts. I don't do this stuff with her in the car, but she still hates it.

• Members

Not too long ago I figured out I had a little over 30k hours behind the wheel by myself at work. I don't trust anybody but atleast at work if a trainee is driving they have to do everything I tell them to do. The SO is too distracted and doesn't do anything I tell her to do (my problem though). Even had to talk to the shrink about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love my wife's driving. She never speeds, she never has gotten a ticket, she's never been in an accident while driving...of course, she has no license and doesn't drive...could be related.

Randy.

• Like 1

• Members
I love my wife's driving. She never speeds, she never has gotten a ticket, she's never been in an accident while driving...of course, she has no license and doesn't drive...could be related.

Randy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Loved that!