Official Community Forums Home

Progression Of Toys

• Members

Hi everyone!!

So, I was thinking about this the other day as I was sifting through my treasures of toys. When I first started using sex toys millions of years ago, I was completely satisfied with my little silver bullet and plain, plastic vibe. Just thinking about using a toy made me wet. Then, as I got a little more into the toys and assumed a more discerning taste, I started to look for different features: wider, faster, stronger vibes, waterproof, anal stim - etc. I noticed that as my comfort level grew so did my curiousity about certain toys. I began to really crave stronger vibes and bigger, more fillng toys.

So, I was curious for those of you who use toys:

Has there been a progression in what you want / need / desire with your toys? Do you think that the golden oldies are not doing it for you anymore or do you still go back to the old faithfuls?

• Members

For me actually, I started out using a vibe that was phallic and similar in size to my husband. (He bought it LOL) That one did break eventually. Now I have a bunch that I pull out from time to time. I like having the variety but in all honesty, I crave him most of all. I don't desire more or stronger vibrations. I think having what I have and using what I use gets me ready for him. Thats how it is in my bedroom. I have only really been using toys for the past 2-3 years or so though...

ETA... on the other hand LOL I definitely like the toys I have NOW better than the one I originally had, it was a jelly vibe and was slimmer than what I have now. I definitely like texture and a little thickness and a vibration that is adjustable. Too strong can be harsh until the right time...

• Members

great question Mik!

Absolutely!

I consider my/our very fist toy an adult game. At the time that was very naughty for me, your all probably thinking 'pretty lame', but we all have to start somewhere. I laugh a little about the irony to it now. Years after, I bought a slim low vibration vibe and lube. Unsure of it all putting it away until some time later. Used it the first time as a bullet and very slowly working up from there. Before becoming a reviewer here I had acquired some basic bullets, cock rings, more vibes a few lubes and yes a wardrobe of lingerie that became increasingly risque (I LOVE lingerie). Having and continuing to 'refined my style' over time. Stronger vibes, many different types of vibes, dildos, etc... experiencing some anal pleasure, using many different kind of lubes, ... I can't say I'll go back to the original vibe ever, but refuse to toss it (completely out of character) as it is a symbol to me of my own sexual self advocacy. Now I enjoy a fuller feel, with a stronger vibe. When I started you could say I was afraid. I do have a favorite toy I continually go back to, but as my profile says, it changes daily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i was actually thinking about this yesterday.. my very first toy was a VERY simple vibrator, and now i've expanded (not much, but still) and got a bunny, at first i was very intimidated. and now I have the "bring it on!" idea.. like the badder the better. i want to try it all

• Members

Actually I never thought about using toys at all til about 2.5 years ago. The man I had met at that time knew I was very sheltered and was very vanilla...so he wanted to show me a new world...lol. So the first night we were together he brought out a plastic vibe...well it was broken but still served the purpose. That got me thinking and within a month I found TT as I would see the freebie ads. I was in amazement as to all the different types out there. I had seen an ad on TT about needing reviewers. I applied thinking I would never be selected. I was sleected and it helped me learn so much about what I liked and at the same time help others by writing reviews. I have a lot of different types now. Plastic has never been a big favorite of mine. As time went on I have progressed.

I have learned I definately need a strong vibe.

There is definately a go to toy for me and quite a few have read about that it is the Japanese "Strawberry Shake" Dual Vibe...aka Pinky. I am always up to exploring new toys but I have my mvp. I have experimented with cyberskin, plastic, jelly, silicone and glass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was just thinking about how I always use the same vibe during solo time just recently. The first toy by HB and I got for me was a G-Spot vibe locally, and I haven't really been able to use it for G-Spot purposes, but I LOVE using the small tip clitorally. I have a big rabbit, but never use it. It's not that it isn't great, I just don't need penetration during solo time. So I guess that I haven't really got into bigger and better things. I have bullets that I only like during foreplay, cards that tell you what to do or say, dice, cuffs, anal beads. But I always go to the same toy. :lol: I have yet to venture into glass as it is too expensive for a student, (would rather buy food) but I am looking forward to trying something new. I don't need stronger vibes, I just need different speeds, and they have to be waterproof. So no evolutionary process for me. :D

My first toy ever was one of those plain, ivory colored plastic vibrators, with the twist base. It was OK, but I wasn't uber-thrilled with it. Then I got a bullet, a butterfly, and a few others. My toys got more intricate, as well as more specialized (and, alas, more expensive LOL).

As for now, I usually use either one of my rabbits, or, most likely, I use a glass dildo, some of the Cleopatra's Secret stimulation creme, and my rabbit bullet! It never fails!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmm, I guess you could say there was a progression--in that I gradually from whatever replacement for a toy I could find (hairbrush handle, etc) straight to the big boys. My first real toy was SmartBalls, but I didn't like them. I really only got them for 2 reasons. One that they would hopefully not intimidate hubby and two that they would be exciting and strengthening down there while doing every day things.

Then I got a 7" dildo with balls that's about 1.5" in diameter. I've always known that I like strong vibes and big toys, but I haven't always known which toy to get. I have made an effort to try toys that I wasn't sure I'd like, such as anal plugs and bullets. I have found that toys I was sure I would think boring were actually quite pleasing (like bullets, especially with a glass wand), so I have grown in that respect.

• Members

I started with a vibe and realized pretty soon that I needed something insertable as well. There's something about my 6.5"/1.75" dildo that gets me gasping and shaking the way that no vibe can. Other than that... I think I tend to stick to my newest stuff most of the time, but I pull out the old stuff too sometimes. But I'm not very far along with my collection, so maybe I'll see more of a progression with time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My first was the lipstick vibe. Small and one-speed, made only for external stimulation. I was excited at first, merely because I had bought a vibrator, but the one speed wasn't strong enough. So I bought a rocket that broke within a week and a cheap-o slimeline that is actually not bad.

Since last week, I've bought four new toys! My favorite so far is a short (but fat!) jelly penis that seems to have a decent battery life. I also bought one of Doc Johnson's lucid dreams, a g-spot jelly, and a slim rabbit, all of which I can't wait to try.

I find it fun trying out new things, but I still enjoy my slimline. I can't take alot of girth, so it works. So far I have learned that I like strong vibrations and the soft feel of jelly. Now I'm trying different textures and materials (I want a glass dildo next!)