Official Community Forums Home

Batteries?

Out of curiousity, I was wondering y'all's preferred battery type, just to see which ones may last longer.

• Members

I've been using Duracell, mostly because that's what my campus stores carry. But I need to get started using my Energizer rechargables! I'm thinking that rechargable batteries are probably a good investment for any zex toy user.

• Members

Energizer Baby.......

so my Rabitt is powered by the Bunny.....

• Members

Mine are Rayovac. I have used duracell and energizer before and these seem to last just as long and a little cheaper on the wallet.

• Members

I have found that duracell have lasted the longest for me. But I am with the rechargable club all the way!

I prefer either Duracell or Energizer myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've had rotten luck with the Energizer NiMH rechargeables - they go bad so fast. I've had the same negative experience with both the AA and AAA sizes using a genuine Energizer recharger. After maybe 2 - 5 charge cycles the charger will flash that the batteries are "bad" and will refuse to charge them. I've tried 2 Energizer branded NiMH chargers and they both did the same thing. I went to the Duracell NiMH batteries and the 15-minute quick charger and have had no issues with them. I love 'em! I'm still using a set of batteries that has gone through at least 50 cycles and they still charge up like they did when I took them out of the package. NiMH batteries cost more but you make up the price after the 3rd recharge. It's like free money after that.

If you go the Duracell NiMH route - be aware that there are 2 versions of their NiMH batteries in stores. The ones labeled "Pre-Charged" have a lower milliamp rating than the ones that are not. A higher milliamp rating means the battery has a higher capacity - it will last longer between charges. They work great in everything from digital cameras, remote controls, and oh yes - anything that vibrates. :D

• Members

I usually use Rayovac unless the others are on sale. They seem to work just fine for me!!!

Now and then (like last night) I use whatever I can find like Energisers. Mainly tho I use Duracells cuz Costco has them in the 48 pack. Most of my toys and flashlights use AA batts and a 48 pack often lasts me 1 1/2 to 2 years.