Official Community Forums Home

Romantic Things

• Members

Hi

I am not sure if this has been posted i have look around to see but didnt find so i thought i would give it a try

we know that we love our spouses and they love us but what are some of the simple things we do that really flutters their hearts and make them realizes how blessed ,lucky fortunate they are to married to us or even things that they do that make us feel that way or even our children. The reason i ask is because i was sitting in my kitchen looking out the patio doors and a red bird flew by i was so surprise i got up to look outside for it and there was a yellow and blue bird i have never seen all three together and i remember how when i was in my late teens and twenties i would daydream about being in the park with my boyfriend or husband having a picnic talking about nature and reading to each other & really enjoying each other company sharing our dreams and what we wanted to accomplish in life and then i walk back inside to hear about the shooting in Virginia it made get to thinking about some things and when Howard posted the question "flirting with your spouse" it made me think about the little things like a simple smile across the room to each other, helping clean the kitchen once dinner is over walking in front of my husband and he say things like; "DAM SHE SO FINE OR SHE SO BEAUTIFUL" or even me watching him shave or wash the truck doing the yard just little things caressing his face while hes sleeping you know.

So i ask of all you to share some things also thank you! and keep all the families in your prayers

well maybe the topic should have been THE SIMPLE THINGS :P

• Members

I have found that my hubby and I do the smallest things to make each other happy - and they are everyday things. For instance, he loves Iced Tea and for some reason, when I make it, it tastes better to him than when he does. He tells me that it is "the love" that I put in it - I think it is the extra 1/4 cup of sugar, but I will go with the love part. If I have a nice dinner ready for him he acts as if it is the creme de la creme of meals - even chicken and potatoes!

He is very, very attentive to me - he rubs my feet or back or neck almost every night - and for no other reason than he knows it relaxes me. He is always running errands for me so I don't have to, he does all the laundry because our laundry is in the basement and he doesn't want me to go down the stairs. He picks me up a candy bar when he goes to the store cause he thinks of me.

We always kiss goodnight and good morning and good bye. He calls me throughout the day, or me him, just to say "hi" and I was thinking about you or I love you. It is a constant string of small things that assures both of us we are in love.

• Members

Wonderful to hear Mikayla & Howard and thank you :) for responding

i explain the same idea to some friends at dinner yesterday and it amazed me on how some couples go the whole day with out and i love you or phone call so i introduce this idea to them and you all would not believe how emotional it had gotten for everyone.

i got so many thank you's for bringing this up and so many i am going to do better i would not be surprise if a couple of babies surface in the up coming months.

come on tootimid family lets hear from some other people

• Members

thanks so much Howard for the encouraging words and you are so right i really love showing that i love my husband and he does the same for me and thats one of the reason i join tootimd to continue show love so again thank you and to every one else

• Members
Wants2know: The only thing important for your relationship is; Are you having more fun now than before, and are you having more fun with your husband than any other couple you know?

If you can answer is an unqualified " Yes !" to both of those questions, then you are doing it right. If not, you have more work to do.

Howard

WITHOUT A DOUBT YES TO BOTH :P:lol:

THANKS i told my friends the same thing and they all agree yes is the answer for them also

• Members

One thing I like to do is give Ben cards just for no reason. Just the other day, I gave him one that simply said "Hi!" on the front. and on the inside it read "I'm not wearing any underwear". He laughed and said "What's new?" LOL.

And we aren't the most snuggly couple. But, once in a while, it is nice to feel that caress that is just because we love each other. Last night while we were watching tv, he played with my hair, which I LOVE!

• Members
One thing I like to do is give Ben cards just for no reason. Just the other day, I gave him one that simply said "Hi!" on the front. and on the inside it read "I'm not wearing any underwear". He laughed and said "What's new?" LOL.

And we aren't the most snuggly couple. But, once in a while, it is nice to feel that caress that is just because we love each other. Last night while we were watching tv, he played with my hair, which I LOVE!

Thank you for sharing :)

• Members

Oh, I didn't even think about this til you said that about the hotel, Howard!

One day last year when my aunt was visiting, I asked her to watch the kids overnight. I went and rented a room and decorated it with rose petals, had cheapo handcuffs hanging from the lamp and one of my sexy nighties on the bed.

I didn't tell him about it, of course. I told him Lisa was going to watch the kids so we could go bowling. We went bowling, and the hotel is right between our hosue and the bowling alley. When we left the bowling alley, I told him I wanted to drive us home. So, I pull into the parking lot, and he was like "what are you doing?" I just said "get out". He put it all together, I unlocked the door...... he was a VERY happy man!

• Members

Oh, yes, Howard. I completely agree about variety. And I definetely have no problem changing things up. Having kids around all the time makes it hard though, lol. We were once on the living room floor going at it, when he *thought* he heard my step-daughter's door open. He RAN out the back door Completely naked, haha.

He works shift work, so for one week out of every month, he works nights and sleeps alot of the day. I like to go in and wake him up with sex or a BJ.....usually sex because thinking about it all morning, well.... I WANT it! but, I don't do it alot, so it's a treat when it happens. And sometimes when the little ones are at MDO, I will just strip down and walk around naked.....that gets things going!

• Members

One thing that me and hubby have always done is leave each other messages on the bathroom mirror with soap. Not everyday, but a few times a week at least. It is always fun to see what each other left. As the kids have learned to read, we have gotten very creative. Some time its just I love you or I cant wait to see you tonight, and others, it is more suggestive! Hubby calls me from work sometimes, just to tell me he is thinking about me, and I leave him note in his pockets too. There is know biggest turn on than knowing your lover has been thinking about you all day and can not wait to please you to the fullest!

• 7 months later...
  • Members
I was at an antique sale in the mall with my wife and we separated to see if we could look over the show quickly to find several kinds of things that interested her. I covered an entire wing of the mall, and returned to our meeting place. She wasn't there. So I went looking for her. I finally spotted her from more than 100 feet away, with many people in between us, and way too much noise to call out to her. So I just stopped and watched her as she examned one thing after another, stooping to look under tables at goodies that dealers often leave there. She disappeared for less than a minute, but then stood up and looked around. When she saw me, and saw me smiling at her, she broke out into a smile, and blew me a kiss. I noticed an older woman standing fairly close to me turn and look at me, and look back at my wife. Then she turned and smiled at me, too.

My wife and I were connected again, and not lost to each other. It is a very nice feeling. In fact, the first thing she said to me when I finally made it through the crowds to her side was, " I missed you ". I looked into her blue eyes and said, " Have I told you today how much I love you?" and then kissed her in front of God and everyone. It felt as natural as breathing, and we actually got more smiles than frowns from people who were looking at us. It was a private moment between us that just happened to occur in a very public place. Whatever they thought was going on, it was what it was.

Marry me Howard????

• Members

Since I don't see where I could add anything new to these flirts I thought I might suggest a rule I have come to find GOLDEN! I noticed in early relationships that if we went to bed mad things only escalated from there. Since then I have never let my partner go to bed mad at me or vice versa! I know it's not on the same lines os the post but I feel it is just as important if not more so!!!

• Members
The worst thing that will happen is that other couples will be jealous, and some old folks may frown at you both. Its too bad, but its their choice, too, to be happy or sad, or mad.

Howard

Just a thought, but I think it may be the best thing that could happen. Maybe, just maybe, it will set an example that will be followed by these people!!!

• Members
I think that is an excellent addition, Pappy. Now, how do you get someone who is mad at you to stop being mad at you when you go to bed? My first wife stayed mad at me for years on end! I didn't have to do anything( Or fail to do something) at all to get her mad, either!

Howard

I don't believe that I've perfected on this as to how to stop it once started. But when both parties are willing to work at it this actually does work. I don't know about everyone else but I have no problem missing a few hours of sleep to work out the problem. I've found that this stops things from escalating to another level. Now your first wife sounds exactly like my great-grandmother! I've have never met a more hateful person. My great-grandfather was often mistaken for a farm hand rather than a husband. I have no clue what the real problem was since he died when I was very young. I guess some people are just never to be satisfied with anything. And as you stated misery loves company. If nothing else has come of my rule at least we part as friends rather than the typical bitter break-ups. And I've had a few of them make attempts at rekindling. But in my eyes I can see that there was already one failure in it so why do it again. If it was meant to be we would never have split to start with.

• Members
When I first began dating my wife, she asked me if there was any kind of truth to there being a " Dicvorce Bug " that tended to sweep through business, and offices, whereby once one person got a divorce, all or most of the other married people in the office would eventually also divorce.

I told her I had known it to happen. Misery does not LOVE company: Misery DEMANDS COMPANY.

She was very upset, because she did not like the way the other women she worked with treated, talked to, or talked about their husbands and boyfriends in the break room, and during the day. When the SO called, they always acted offended, short, and angry that he called her at work. They had been giving Ann a pile of criticism because of the way She talked lovingly to me on the phone. And, they were jealous of the way I stopped by to take her to lunch several days a week, or whenever I could be free, and we walked out of the bank smiling, hugging, and holding hands.

Ann asked me if there was any way to prevent a " Divorce Bug " from sweeping through an office or business? I asked her if she was alluding to a " Love Bug?" She laughed, and said that was kind of the idea she had. I told her truthfully, I didn't know, but it would be great to try to find out just how much we could influence behavior by simply setting our own example with "public displays of affection"( you know, the kinds of things that are outlawed at airport terminals, and train terminals where spouses are dropped off!).

So, the two of us made a point of kissing in public, hugging, groping, pinching, caressing, grabbing, whispering, and laughing and smiling when we were with each other. ( boy was that TOUGH TO DO!!! :o:rolleyes::D )She also read the women the riot act the next time they criticized her way of talking to me on the phone, telling them didn't deserve to have their SOs, the way they treated them, and talked to them on the phone. Who would want to be married to women who acted like that? When some woman began complaining about how badly she had been treated by her husband the night before, Ann would listen and then ask her what nice things had she done for him in the past week? That cut off the competition to prove that other husbands or BFs were even worse with the other women present than whatever the guy was alleged to have done to the first woman who opened up the Misery contest. ( I bet I am more miserable than you are!) When I dropped off flowers to her one day, because It was Wednesday, and I had time to stop by a flower shop, And the bank before getting back to my office for an appointment, her supervisor complained that in the 7 years since she was married HER husband had never sent her flowers at work. Ann quickly asked the woman, When is the last time you sent him flowers? The woman was stunned, and almost lost her balance. She asked, " You mean, I SHOULD SEND my husband flowers-- and at his workplace?? " Ann said yes, of course. The woman asked Ann if she had sent flowers to me at work, and she said, " Of course I have. " She wanted Ann to tell her if I got mad when she did that? No! He didn't get mad. Didn't his co-workers give him a lot of grief for getting flowers? They tried, but he just looked them in the eye and told them " You are just jealous!" and that ended that.

A few weeks later, that woman got up enough courage to send her husband flowers with a personal note. He called on the phone, upset that she had " Embarrassed him." As per Ann's instructions, she asked him if he had read the card, and he hadn't , so she said for him to call her back after he read the card, and hung up on him. The phone rang again, and he was mad because she hanged up on him. She interrupted and asked if he had read her card, and he said, " NO!", so she hung up on him again. She was sweating. But she followed Ann's instructions. He called back a couple of minutes later, much calmed down, and began by begging her not to hang up on him again. Then he whined about all the grief he was taking from the other men at work, and even the women about getting flowers sent to him there! People were accusing him of having an affair, etc. She calmly told him, " Just look them straight in the face, tell them the flowers are from my wife, and tell them they are just jealous because their wives don't love them enough to send them flowers!, and don't listen to anything more they say". She then told him, " I love you, and I can't wait to see you when we get home tonight!"

The next day, she came to work in a much better humor than she had been in for years, and Ann swore to me that she could smell the sex on her( something new)! Since women seem to have very good senses of smell, and can smell pheromones when we men cannot, I did not question Ann's statement at all. Other women in the bank noticed the change in the supervisor, and they began being nicer to their SOs on the phone. Flowers began to show up for no particular anniversary, with notes that made the women blush and quickly put them in their purses. Women began coming to work in very good humor, and smelling of sex. Ann claimed credit for that because she told the women that we took showers together every morning, and one thing usually lead to another, and she absolutely thought morning sex was some of the best time to have sex. Some of the women didn't like the idea that morning sex risked the possibility that some of his sperm and semen might still be dripping down their legs after they got to work. Ann just laughed, and asked them what was so bad about that? They could always step into the restroom and clean up. But, it was an honest reminder of having fun with their SO that morning, and that is how it should be viewed. Well, they tried morning sex, and the more they tried it, the more they all seemed to like it. Guys began showing up to take the women to lunch on occasion, and men showed up at the end of work, and actually came into the bank to meet their wives, and walked out after a kiss, holding hands.

I don't know if we killed the divorce bug, but we made his job a lot harder, in one place, for awhile.

Howard

I think a contagious outbreak of PDA would do wonders for this planet!!!!

• Members

For my boyfriend, I usually massage his back when he's at his computer desk or laying down. :) I always give him hugs through out the day and tell him how much I love him. I always give him a big smiles. He always giggles and tells me how adorable I am, lol. I cuddle with him and kiss all over his face. Were always silly together.

My boyfriend always makes me feel loved. He comes up behind me and kisses my cheek. When I'm laying down, he massages my back. The one thing I love is how he feels my hair, he runs his hands through my hair. It's so relaxing that it puts me to sleep. :) I love when he whispers sweet things into my ear and stares into my eyes. :wub: I always get so lost in his eyes.