Interracial Relationships

• Members

IMO, There is only one race.....MANKIND

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rabbits and dogs are indeed a far cry from each other genetically. But just supposing I wanted to poke holes in your theory using two different animals, keep in mind that rabbits and cats CAN and DO breed and have a healthy offspring. The fact of the matter is that ignorance runs amok throught all societies and as a result there is a fair amount of descrimination that is simply just plain foolish in my opinion. We have one planet, we've all been put here/grown here/evolved here/whatever, its time we all acted like we're part of the whole instead of squabbling about who's better than who.

Thurisas.

• Members

The human genome has been disclosed completely. There are very few, if any, genetic differences between the " Races", while there are substantial genetic difference between cats and dogs. Those animals can not breed and create offspring. People of different " Races" Can and do.

You are right, they do, and therein lies the problem, FOR THEIR KIDS! If we lived in the world you fantasize about, then I would tend to agree with you but we don't. The KIDS of mixed couples pay the price for the adults mistakes. They are the ones who are made fun of, beat up, looked down on, and harassed in society and they didn't ask to be here...its not right.

I am speaking mainly of black and white, and doing so because it is one of the most obvious and I do not believe kids should have to pay the price for some idiot

with no forethought as to the consequences of their inability to control their dick and twat. The world is what it is and it is NEVER going to decide we are all in this together. If we did, it would no longer be earth now would it. Figure the odds.

• Members

Let me get this straight, you are NOT actually suggesting in the year 2007 that the only way a racially mixed child comes into this world is a case of rampant "Jungle Fever" screwing AND that it is something that is BAD when kids happen????

First, the days of interracial fucking for sport is probably pretty well done. People in this day and age get together because THEY WANT TO. Blacks marry whites, whites marry Chinese, Blacks marry Japanese - they have kids. This is not the time and age of Hitler's pure, white race man...this is a modern society where people see people for THEMSELVES and NOT their color!

Interracial children are no longer such a "spawn of the devil" as you seem to suggest. In a time when "Mary has two Daddies" and "Mike has two Mommies" - the stigma of interracial children is no longer so abominable.

Unfortunately it is the ignorance that you are spewing that causes most of the issues and problems when people fall in love and have kids. I say, what child wouldn't want to come from a LOVING HOME????? That can come in any type of form - not some cookie cutter idea that people have. IF a child is loved and cared for, then they can withstand the teasing and the ridicule for their "mixture" that is forced upon them by uninformed idiots who still believe that in a world as large as ours that people should "stay with their kind!"

Unbelievable that anyone still thinks this way. However, it is YOUR opinion - and you are entitled to it - I just hope you do not force that opinion on innocent people trying to live their lives!

• Members

My point was and is the kids pay the price, and yes I am suggesting that they get beat up , made fun of, etc. if you don't believe it, move out of Chicago and look around. I am fully aware that anything goes there but believe it or not, there are still places that do not believe as you do. If you really think prejustice no longer exist then you are the one spewing ignorance. Tell me something, What color am I? I'm betting you don't have a clue. Am I mixed? Am I speaking from experience?

Do you REALLY BELIEVE that 2007 has changed basic human nature? Did you grow up with one black parent and one white?

If you didn't, you have no idea what you are talking about. You Know how YOU, as a white woman who lives in an affluent neighborhood (your words another post) sees the picture.

Now to the "Jungle fever" part. Yep, when these underage kids are out here having bastards for the public to raise and then support in prison that's what it is, and it isn't just *mixed*.

Now, I never one time made any remarks to you personally an the first post. You did to me and let me tell you this, again you have no idea what the hell you are talking about, you have not lived it rich girl, and you sure as hell will never change my mind....ABOUT ANYTHING! Any time anyone disagrees with you about anything you show your true colors, you want to dictate the thoughts of others and you think you ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT. Be born to mixed parents in the south and then you come back here and call me how I spew stupidity.

I'd love to live in your perfect world with no prejudice. There is a word for that, it's called utopia.

It's post like the one you made to me knowing nothing about me or why I said what I did.

Maybe you should stick to talking about dildos, buttfucking, lubes, and blowjobs, because you know nothing about growing up in a interracial environment .

Every person is intitled to think as they wish, but to come on a public forum (big dog or not) and belittle someone else who has walked the walk is not only rude, it shows how truely ignorant you really are.

• Members

Surely you jest!

I do not have to know if you are black, white or mixed to make the comments that I did - it is not relevant. Just as I do not know YOU, you know NOTHING about me! Do you really think that in Chicago "everything goes?" Do you think that I have never been on the side of racism? You have no idea where I grew up, who my friends were, where I went to school, who I dated. You do not HAVE to be a mixed child to understand the consequences of it.

"Rich Girl!" - yes, by the standards of many I am well off - NOW - did I grow up well off? Did I grow up in a mansion somewhere? Do you know what my parents did, where they worked, how much money they made. White people can be poor and live in the ghetto too you know. I went to college, got educated, married an educated man - NOW I do well. You have no idea who I am or if I grew up with the proverbial :"silver spoon" in my mouth! You do not know - for example - that I am adopted. You do not know - for example- that I dated more than one black man in my lifetime - which I believe does qualify me for being in an "interracial environment." Do not judge me on what I do or do not know!

You get on me for not believing that in today's day and age people would still feel this way about interracial relationships. Well, IF you ARE a product of such - then your post doesn't ring true of it! If you are a child born of mixed parenthood who has been beat up, abused, discriminated against or the like then you are bitter about your circumstances and not helping to eliminate the problem by standing up for yourself or others.

I am not saying that descrimination never happens - it does - I am suggesting that in this day and age there is a whole lot more acceptance than there was 5, 10 or 20 years ago. There will NEVER be an end to such ignorance in the world. There will always be those "race purists" and those whom persecute those children who are products of the unions. My point is only that, to state that races should stay separate because the "poor kids" are the ones who suffer is not only a minimalist by not evaluating the whole situation and giving some credit that people ARE trying to change - but you also are talking about trying to eliminate a process that will become more prevalent - not less.

Your tone in this post rings slightly similiar to other previous posters who have accused me of being a "big dog" who always has to be right. The fact is, I argue when I have a valid point, I concede when I am wrong.

You are correct - I do know about lubes, buttplugs, and sex - I also know a lot about A LOT of other things. I have lived a longer life than you - my 22 year old debater - and I have had many experiences in that time. I am sure you have had your fair share too - but if they have embittered you to this point - then I am truly sorry for you.

I have not belittled you - what I have attempted to do is point out that the thinking that interracial relationships and the spawn of their relationship is a bad thing in this world is a narrow view and there is more to consider. No one suggested that this world is a Utopia - and if you know ANYTHING about Utopias it is that they are usually defined by the people whom live in them. For me, in my world, I tend to believe that there is positive change on this front - and while it might not be a "Utopia" it is a better world in many ways than it was before - at least in relation to this. Hitler tried to make a Utopia - did he succeed?

I would suggest before you start calling ME ignorant that you take a step back and think about how what YOu wrote sounds. Opinions are opinions - personal attacks are not opinions.

• Members

Chairman, you are not the only mixed race person, I am Half Native American and Half Irish. Neither side of my family will talk to me bc of this with few execptions. I live right next to a reservation and I get treated like shit by the Natives on the reservation bc I am not pure. It really really sucks, but I still think that people should be left alone to date and marry who they will. WE ARE ALL HUMAN. If you cannot get over your problems with the fact that you have mixed race heritage then that is your problem, and yes people are mean and sinde and rude to mixed raced children but you know what WE ARE NOT DIFFERENT. And when I hear someone like yourself take the side of "stick to your own kind" now knowing that you are mixed makes me sad for you. Yes being mixed race is hard, but life is hard for everyone. You don't need to jump on anyone bc they lived a different life then you. They had their hard times too you just don't know about it.

• Members

My first kiss and first sexual experience was with an Indian (Asian) girl. So, I have no issues with it. I also don't really believe in race, which is a long story. For me it's just different cultures. We all have the same DNA. We're all human. There are some cultural groups I'm more attracted to and some I'm not at all. But that isn't racist, it's just preference. I'd still be comfortable being best friends with anyone, depending on whether they are nice or not.

• Members
Surely you jest!

I do not have to know if you are black, white or mixed to make the comments that I did - it is not relevant. Just as I do not know YOU, you know NOTHING about me! Do you really think that in Chicago "everything goes?" Do you think that I have never been on the side of racism? You have no idea where I grew up, who my friends were, where I went to school, who I dated. You do not HAVE to be a mixed child to understand the consequences of it.

"Rich Girl!" - yes, by the standards of many I am well off - NOW - did I grow up well off? Did I grow up in a mansion somewhere? Do you know what my parents did, where they worked, how much money they made. White people can be poor and live in the ghetto too you know. I went to college, got educated, married an educated man - NOW I do well. You have no idea who I am or if I grew up with the proverbial :"silver spoon" in my mouth! You do not know - for example - that I am adopted. You do not know - for example- that I dated more than one black man in my lifetime - which I believe does qualify me for being in an "interracial environment." Do not judge me on what I do or do not know!

You get on me for not believing that in today's day and age people would still feel this way about interracial relationships. Well, IF you ARE a product of such - then your post doesn't ring true of it! If you are a child born of mixed parenthood who has been beat up, abused, discriminated against or the like then you are bitter about your circumstances and not helping to eliminate the problem by standing up for yourself or others.

I am not saying that descrimination never happens - it does - I am suggesting that in this day and age there is a whole lot more acceptance than there was 5, 10 or 20 years ago. There will NEVER be an end to such ignorance in the world. There will always be those "race purists" and those whom persecute those children who are products of the unions. My point is only that, to state that races should stay separate because the "poor kids" are the ones who suffer is not only a minimalist by not evaluating the whole situation and giving some credit that people ARE trying to change - but you also are talking about trying to eliminate a process that will become more prevalent - not less.

Your tone in this post rings slightly similiar to other previous posters who have accused me of being a "big dog" who always has to be right. The fact is, I argue when I have a valid point, I concede when I am wrong.

You are correct - I do know about lubes, buttplugs, and sex - I also know a lot about A LOT of other things. I have lived a longer life than you - my 22 year old debater - and I have had many experiences in that time. I am sure you have had your fair share too - but if they have embittered you to this point - then I am truly sorry for you.

I have not belittled you - what I have attempted to do is point out that the thinking that interracial relationships and the spawn of their relationship is a bad thing in this world is a narrow view and there is more to consider. No one suggested that this world is a Utopia - and if you know ANYTHING about Utopias it is that they are usually defined by the people whom live in them. For me, in my world, I tend to believe that there is positive change on this front - and while it might not be a "Utopia" it is a better world in many ways than it was before - at least in relation to this. Hitler tried to make a Utopia - did he succeed?

I would suggest before you start calling ME ignorant that you take a step back and think about how what YOu wrote sounds. Opinions are opinions - personal attacks are not opinions.

In your rich world, what you say may be true, in the rest of the world it is not, and nothing has changed, not really. You said in

several post concerning sex....if you haven't tried it, you don't know if you like it or not. Well, I'm gonna tell you this, if you haven't tried it, you don't know how it is. You can't have it both ways. No, I don't know you but YOU HAVE SAID YOU ARE WHITE AND WELL OFF. So, if that is the case you have nothing to base your opinion on except maybe what someone else said.

How much time have you spent being an interracial person? I do pretty well Now too but not because of a sugar daddy but because I pulled myself up by the boot straps and made it happen. That does not change the FACT of how it was growing up. If you have not walked in the shoes.................

• Members
In your rich world, what you say may be true, in the rest of the world it is not, and nothing has changed, not really. You said in

several post concerning sex....if you haven't tried it, you don't know if you like it or not. Well, I'm gonna tell you this, if you haven't tried it, you don't know how it is. You can't have it both ways. No, I don't know you but YOU HAVE SAID YOU ARE WHITE AND WELL OFF. So, if that is the case you have nothing to base your opinion on except maybe what someone else said.

How much time have you spent being an interracial person? I do pretty well Now too but not because of a sugar daddy but because I pulleT myself up by the boot straps and made it happen. That does not change the FACT of how it was growing up. If you have not walked in the shoes.................

ONE: I have a husband - NOT a "sugar Daddy" - I could support MYSELF before I married him

TWO: I have a Master's Degree - I "pulled myself up from my bootstraps" and got educated ON MY OWN

THREE: I think you are jealous of me because I portend to have "money" and a lifestyle - it has NOTHING to do with me being WHITE

FOUR: I do not know what sheltered part of the world you live in, but I have travelled all over this globe and seen evidence of ALL kinds of racism, interracial dating, prejudices (even against white, blonde, rich women such as myself)

FIVE: I can't try on a mixed race - but that does not mean I do not understand - I can understand - maybe not fully.

SIX: By your own admission, YOU have not walked in MY shoes either honey. WHile they may be Manolo Bhlanicks now, they weren't always - don't be a hater

It seems to me that the question of interracial relationships is SECONDARY to your pointing out my "richness" and lifestyle. Ummm, do you not think that interracial couples live in my neck of the woods? I have many lawyer friends who are married to a different race. I have a wide differential of friends of all races and sexual orientations. I welcome all to my table - can YOU say the same??

• Members

Ok, I have not checked this thread in a bit and I gotta chime in here. The part by Charmain about living in the south where it's not easy being interracial...honey, you live in Maine, when was the last time you were in the south? I have bi-racial (black and white) neices and a mixed (B&W) foster son. My blood son attends a school where almost 30% of the students are mixed black and white. He has a cousin, by my brother that is Japnaese-Irish/Scottish and down here in good old Arkansas, we have more tolerance than you seem to give us credit for.

Now, Kayla, the sport of interracial sex is not dead in the south. We still have girls and boys that attempt to get the shock of sexual relations with a member of another race, be it white, black, mexican, or any other ethnicity. It doesn't work, not much anyway, there are still places around that harbor resentment for these people, but it's mostly the older generation.

Now, I will say this once again, I have tought my son, my foster sons and daughters, and every other child, friend, or co-worker I know, that color doesn't matter and it doesn't matter to the kids. Charmain, I once thought like you, then I wisened up and saw that that attitude is one that is just as negative as the ones of persons saying that we should not have bi-racial kids. I say, if it's love, there should be nothing to stop you from being married and raising a family of your own. As for it is not possible for animals of differing species.....

Ever hear of the Lyger? They are bred for their skills in magic.

• Members

As I previously stated I am currently involved in an interracial relationship. When I look at Mike I don't see the color of his skin. I see the man I love. The issue of children has already been discussed. Mike has 3 wonderful kids and I will be thrilled to be their "mother." We have decided to leave the possibility of our own child in God's hands. You see we are both strong believers in God and his wisdom. We both believe that ANY child is a miracle and should be treated as such. Should God see fit to bless us then we will both be thrilled to have a little one to love and nurture. Yes, our child will be mixed but most importantly it will be loved and raised by two loving parents.

I am sorry that you had challenges growing up. All of us have had our challenges. I have had my fair share to overcome. However unlike alot of people I realized a long time ago that life is about choices. I could choose to let issues in my past dictate and control my future. I refuse to let bad things that have happened make me a bitter angry person. I do not know you Charmain. You, of course, are entitled to your opinions and you have the right to state them. However it is not necessary to attack people you do not know. Just remember that you reap what you sow. If you face people with an angry and resentful attitude, that is what they will give back to you.

I am not rich, nor will I ever likely be. I enjoy what I do for a living and therefore the money isn't my first priority. Mike makes a decent living so together we should be able to build a comfortable future for ourselves and our family. Comfortable does not mean rich. I dated another man who could have given me anything I wanted and yes we shared the same race. He wasn't the right man for me. He didn't complete me. I didn't feel like I had found my other half with him. Building a future with Mike will have it's challenges but they are challenges that I relish facing because I know that we will be able to meet and overcome any and all of them together.

The funniest part of all of this is that after having a very long discussion with my Dad, who is a good ol' boy from the south, he told me that the thing he wanted more than anything in the world is for me to find someone I love and who will make me happy for the rest of my life.

Mikayla, Howard, Tyger and oh so many others have such wonderful and knowledgable advice to give. All of it coming from experience and from wanting to help those who want it. I am older than Mikayla in biological years but I can still recognize the wisdom in the things she says and take good advice when I get it. Mikayla doesn't need me to defend her. She can do a better job of it than anyone else can. I value her contributions and put alot of stock in the things she says. Maybe in time your contributions will be as valuable but so far they just sound like a bitter, young person venting.

Vix

I was born and raised in Maine. Back then (70's & 80's) the population up there is predominantly white. Still is, for the most part. Therefore, a lot of the "stay within your own race" up there still applies, mostly. The population up there is mostly French-Canadians. Does that mean that mixed race relationships don't happen up north? Of course not. But, it's not "normal" either. In my experience, some degrees/understanding/levels of racism varies from state to state.

I grew up semi-poor. We had our own house, and my parents got along for my sake, so I never went without. I did not get the name brand everything, but I had good clothes, went to school, and got a lot of what I wanted if we could afford it. Maine is a very hard state to get ahead in. I understand that. I've lived it. Just one more reason as to why I moved.

Never once was there a black or bi-racial child in my school when I went there, until I went to high school.

I had a black man I worked with, that said that most of his friends and family that are black, don't like it up there cuz it's "too damn cold and wet for our liking". He has a son by a white woman, but looks black. And, they both try and show him how it is to be both, to the best of their abilities. He had no "blacks to hang out with". And his son piped up, and said "You can hang out with me Daddy". How cute is that!?

My mother had the same views about how the children suffer, get teased and what-not, being bi-racial. She was a teacher, and probably got to see it more regularly. Does it happen everywhere? Yes, of course it does. It's, unfortunately, human nature. Thankfully, thru me knowing a different array of people, rich, poor, from all different walks of life, I learned to see past color. In fact, those of my "non-white" friends and I have several debates, conversations, and informational conversations as far as race, prejudism, and how all of us are treated.

My family may have been shocked had I gone out steadily with a black man, not because he would be black, but cuz it's just not the norm from where I am from. I live in Texas now. Talk about a whole new world & a total reversal from where I grew up!! Where I am married to a "Good Ole Boy", who is admittedly semi-prejudice due to what he's been thru in his life.

While I was single in Texas, I went out with a black man (from the Carribbean) who felt like he didn't fit in with the "blacks", cuz of where's he's from. He wasn't considered a "brotha", and he didn't fit in with the "whites" cuz of how he looked. I went out on one date with a Mexican man as well. I didn't care their race or skin color. They were nice, cute, had great jobs, and thought I was worthy of dating.

THAT'S what I want to teach our daughter. That, so long as a person is nice, sweet, and she feels as though they are worthy enough of her time, then look past the color of their skin. Yes, their culture is important to "non-whites", but it's their actions, how they treat her, and attitudes that are the most important.

I wrote all this to say that I can see both sides of this coin. Everyone has made some great points. Where I may not agree with some of them, everyone has a right to their opinions such as they are.

As far as the whole Mikayla attacking, back and forth. Please stop. Being insulting to any member, new, or "a big dog" isn't constructive or appreciated. EVERYone has a right to their opinions and are entitled to them. Whether we agree or not, let's please try to be respectful. Agree to disagree and drop it.

• Members
I was born and raised in Maine. Back then (70's & 80's) the population up there is predominantly white. Still is, for the most part. Therefore, a lot of the "stay within your own race" up there still applies, mostly. The population up there is mostly French-Canadians. Does that mean that mixed race relationships don't happen up north? Of course not. But, it's not "normal" either. In my experience, some degrees/understanding/levels of racism varies from state to state.

I grew up semi-poor. We had our own house, and my parents got along for my sake, so I never went without. I did not get the name brand everything, but I had good clothes, went to school, and got a lot of what I wanted if we could afford it. Maine is a very hard state to get ahead in. I understand that. I've lived it. Just one more reason as to why I moved.

Never once was there a black or bi-racial child in my school when I went there, until I went to high school.

I had a black man I worked with, that said that most of his friends and family that are black, don't like it up there cuz it's "too damn cold and wet for our liking". He has a son by a white woman, but looks black. And, they both try and show him how it is to be both, to the best of their abilities. He had no "blacks to hang out with". And his son piped up, and said "You can hang out with me Daddy". How cute is that!?

My mother had the same views about how the children suffer, get teased and what-not, being bi-racial. She was a teacher, and probably got to see it more regularly. Does it happen everywhere? Yes, of course it does. It's, unfortunately, human nature. Thankfully, thru me knowing a different array of people, rich, poor, from all different walks of life, I learned to see past color. In fact, those of my "non-white" friends and I have several debates, conversations, and informational conversations as far as race, prejudism, and how all of us are treated.

My family may have been shocked had I gone out steadily with a black man, not because he would be black, but cuz it's just not the norm from where I am from. I live in Texas now. Talk about a whole new world & a total reversal from where I grew up!! Where I am married to a "Good Ole Boy", who is admittedly semi-prejudice due to what he's been thru in his life.

While I was single in Texas, I went out with a black man (from the Carribbean) who felt like he didn't fit in with the "blacks", cuz of where's he's from. He wasn't considered a "brotha", and he didn't fit in with the "whites" cuz of how he looked. I went out on one date with a Mexican man as well. I didn't care their race or skin color. They were nice, cute, had great jobs, and thought I was worthy of dating.

THAT'S what I want to teach our daughter. That, so long as a person is nice, sweet, and she feels as though they are worthy enough of her time, then look past the color of their skin. Yes, their culture is important to "non-whites", but it's their actions, how they treat her, and attitudes that are the most important.

I wrote all this to say that I can see both sides of this coin. Everyone has made some great points. Where I may not agree with some of them, everyone has a right to their opinions such as they are.

As far as the whole Mikayla attacking, back and forth. Please stop. Being insulting to any member, new, or "a big dog" isn't constructive or appreciated. EVERYone has a right to their opinions and are entitled to them. Whether we agree or not, let's please try to be respectful. Agree to disagree and drop it.

Finally, someone who understands. Thank you so much!

You're welcome. I wanted to add that all after I had really thought out what I wanted to say, constructively. Since I lived there, and understand how a lot of "Mainers" think. I get a kick out of friends of mine that go visit up north. They come back and tell me that I am somewhat of a rarity as a "Yankee", I guess.

This is a heated topic, and was bound to bring out some heated debates.

I know that social status may have different takes on how things are, and there is a difference between the social "classes" on how things are in their circles. I grew up relatively poor, and lived a bit higher once graduating HS. I've had ups and downs, living paycheck to paycheck. Bill collector's calling. I'm sure most of us here have at one point or another.

However, let's not ever forget that you never know someone's background, life-experiences, education, or morals, just by what their lifestyles are NOW. All I ask, and I'm sure the rest of the Admins will agree, is for respect all around. It has to start somewhere, right? :)

*hugs & kisses*

• Members

I have been back to my first comment and re- read it at least 10 times. I do not see where I attacked anyone, I only gave my opinion .I was not looking for a fight. But with my first post, I was told by someone who is not interracial that I was "spewing ignorance" . I take offense to being told I don't know what I am talking about when I know for a fact that I do.

I only pointed out social status because it is that "class" who bury their head in the sand and pretend all is well.

I don't know anyone here but that is the way I read the post and perception is everything IMO.

I did not grow up in Maine, I grew up in Alabama.

I read some of the comments here sometimes, but refrain from commenting for a reason.

This is one subject I know something about, sorry to have bothered you.

Hugs & kisses back

• Members
You are right, they do, and therein lies the problem, FOR THEIR KIDS! If we lived in the world you fantasize about, then I would tend to agree with you but we don't. The KIDS of mixed couples pay the price for the adults mistakes. They are the ones who are made fun of, beat up, looked down on, and harassed in society and they didn't ask to be here...its not right.

I am speaking mainly of black and white, and doing so because it is one of the most obvious and I do not believe kids should have to pay the price for some idiot with no forethought as to the consequences of their inability to control their dick and twat. The world is what it is and it is NEVER going to decide we are all in this together. If we did, it would no longer be earth now would it. Figure the odds.

At the risk of fueling the fire, let me point out why I decided to find your comments "ignorant." In the above quote, you do not divide your comments and relate them to yourself - you make a GENERAL comment about ALL children of mixed couples stating that they pay the price for "some idiot with no forethought as to the consequences of their inability to control their dick and twat" - which basically states that any person who gets involved with a person of another race is inable of controlling their dick or close their legs. This, IMHO, is IGNORANT to state or to say.

You made generalized comments about ALL relationships between mixed couples, you did not, at this time, speak of YOURSELF. Yes, I did respond to you, saying that I could NOT believe that someone would have the opinion that mixed children simply suffer (poor kids) and that this world STILL persecutes them as bad as in the past. Furthermore, your comments directly suggest that the only way a mixed child happens is without planning, love, marriage or whatnot. I oointed out to you that there are more interracial couples - no, families - today than ever and the stigma of those unions, while NOT totally "normalized" are not always viewed as being evil or wrong.

Then, after that came the "rich girl" comments directed at ME - no one else, ME - and I do not sit quietly back and let anyone attack me for what I WORKED for in my life, going as far as to suggest I married a "Sugar Daddy" to have my "rich" lifestyle. That alone was ignorant and rude.

So, before any moderator or admins on this site decide to say we should "all just get along" let us take a direct look at who was targetted here because they are NOT mixed and well off! These posts were about more than the matter of interracial relationships or children - now let us flush out the real issues here.

I am sorry that Charmain had such a bad time as "mixed" person whereever she grew up. I understand that she has apparent injuries and long term hurt due to this. I do not see how her entry into this world could be considered "wrong" as she is here, living her life, and apparently doing well for herself. This alone SHOULD be proof that not all interracial children end up crying in corners for the rest of their lives.

We all come from different places and cultures here - all opinions are welcome - but personal attacks are not. In that manner I agree with Tyger - it is not necessary. I did not personally attack anyone - I did, however, attack the ignorance of having the narrow view that ALL INTERRACIAL CHILDREN ARE MISTAKES and I still hold by that comment.

I am done now with this thread - if anyone wants to comment on my "rich girl lifestyle" they can do it in a PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
I'm in one so of course I'm all for them! We have gotten some negative reactions though.

I am caucasian female having married a Hispanic man. We get treated badly mostly in the hispanic part of town, because some feel that like marry like. His parents even felt like that.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This tends to be a hot topic no matter where it comes up. I personally have many friends of different races and have had many lovers also. I do tend to prefer Hispanic women. The woman I should have married was a Mexican girl. Very intelligent and beautiful. Aside from my own likes and dislikes I also have friends in mixed relationships. It has become much less of a taboo as it was in my younger years. I never remember anyone being picked on for being mixed. And I would know as the few that were in the school then ran in the same circle as I did. I can't see where color should be an issue for people if it's not their own life. Let people do as they please as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. Racism is beginning to change but in order to do that it will take efforts from all sides. It may not happen in my lifetime or even the next but maybe it will if we all change our attitudes about it now and pass that along to our children. After all we all enjoy a little spice of life. Who are we to say what spice you have to use?

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Pappy, I live in Little Rock, AR and I have to say, I don't see it much anymore. I know I am half your age, and I had mixed kids in school with me, no body paid it any attention, my senior year, 3 girls had mixed kids and not many people batted an eye. I have been off the porch, I have a brother that works in one of the most notiriously back-woods schools in Arkansas, and he says even there the mixed kids are just part of the crowd. I have been a foster parent to two mixed kids, no body said a word to me, or my sister in law, who has a mixed daughter. She dated a black guy for years and they eventually got married, but it didn't work because he is not a decent human being, it has no part in his color.

I don't live where you do, and you don't live here with us, but I can say, today, things are looking better than ever before.

• Members
Charmains comments are not ignorant by any means. I grew up in the south still live here and she is dead on in what she says to a great extent. Anyone who thinks that prejudice is dead in the south hasn't been very far off the porch. I really don't care who marries who or what color they are but when it comes to black/white marriages the kids do suffer I know for a fact because I've seen it dozens of times.

Charmain, I feel for you. I saw kids victimized in school several times growing up, called names, beat up, harassed, for no other reason than they were mixed. It was wrong then and it's wrong now but it happens all the time. Hopefully you will be able to get past your pain and have a full meaningful life.

Best Wishes

Poon

This is true. I live in Atlanta Georgia. This place is supposed to be known as a "black city" but there is still racism here. It's a sad fact but it's true. Biracial children do get heckeled here. I'm color blinded when it comes to racism but there are many who don't see it my way. I've seen many biracial kids get picked on. I've had friends that were messed with. I had a one friend named Natalie who was lighter than most but she wasn't "white". She endured alot (I was right there to fight for her) until we were both pulled out of school for homeschooling.

Speaking as a black person, I've accountered alot of racism. I've worked at a Publix where even the management was slightly racist. I was a cashier and would get racist customers! I would get into trouble after they complained but what was I to do? I hope that one day we will be able to just live in peace. Until then, I'll continue to be around whatever "race" I want. Screw you if you don't like it lol.

There should come a time when having a " Black Entertainment Network", or a Black Miss USA pageant, and similar events are looked back on as an embarrassment by African Americans, just as any such event advertised for Whites only would be an embarrassment today for White Americans.

Howard, Blacks will NEVER look back in shame on these subjects because they will never be shameful. Blacks weren't able to model and stuff with "whites". We modeled in churches before we were "good enough" to model with the rest. If there was a Black Miss USA, we would be making great stride!! lol, Do you know how big that would be for "us"? There is an African American TV network (TV One) for the first time and there's nothing wrong with that.

No, I don't like "black" and "white" only churches. But most of the time, if you step into a African American church and you're white they don't do anything except maybe greet you. I can't speak for Caucasin churches. But when it comes to the things you're talking about, those are big things so those will never be frowned upon.

• Members
Pappy, I live in Little Rock, AR and I have to say, I don't see it much anymore. I know I am half your age, and I had mixed kids in school with me, no body paid it any attention, my senior year, 3 girls had mixed kids and not many people batted an eye. I have been off the porch, I have a brother that works in one of the most notiriously back-woods schools in Arkansas, and he says even there the mixed kids are just part of the crowd. I have been a foster parent to two mixed kids, no body said a word to me, or my sister in law, who has a mixed daughter. She dated a black guy for years and they eventually got married, but it didn't work because he is not a decent human being, it has no part in his color.

I don't live where you do, and you don't live here with us, but I can say, today, things are looking better than ever before.

I think maybe you should reread my post. I think you may have pinned anothers post with my name.

• Members
This is true. I live in Atlanta Georgia. This place is supposed to be known as a "black city" but there is still racism here. It's a sad fact but it's true. Biracial children do get heckeled here. I'm color blinded when it comes to racism but there are many who don't see it my way. I've seen many biracial kids get picked on. I've had friends that were messed with. I had a one friend named Natalie who was lighter than most but she wasn't "white". She endured alot (I was right there to fight for her) until we were both pulled out of school for homeschooling.

Speaking as a black person, I've accountered alot of racism. I've worked at a Publix where even the management was slightly racist. I was a cashier and would get racist customers! I would get into trouble after they complained but what was I to do? I hope that one day we will be able to just live in peace. Until then, I'll continue to be around whatever "race" I want. Screw you if you don't like it lol.

Howard, Blacks will NEVER look back in shame on these subjects because they will never be shameful. Blacks weren't able to model and stuff with "whites". We modeled in churches before we were "good enough" to model with the rest. If there was a Black Miss USA, we would be making great stride!! lol, Do you know how big that would be for "us"? There is an African American TV network (TV One) for the first time and there's nothing wrong with that.

No, I don't like "black" and "white" only churches. But most of the time, if you step into a African American church and you're white they don't do anything except maybe greet you. I can't speak for Caucasin churches. But when it comes to the things you're talking about, those are big things so those will never be frowned upon.

IDK about the Miss USA thing, since I stopped following the pageant circles. My step-mother is a pageant consultant in San Antonio and I will tell you that we had a young lady who was to be our entry inthe Miss San Antonio pageant. I do have the picture of her and Miss America at my kitchen table. She was a very beautiful, intelligent and talented young lady who spent about 2 months practically living with my father and step-mother to prepare for the pageant. These are some of the finer points of these things that people refuse to see. The minority cards do not have any effect on the judging. People have come to expect things to be given just because of this and don't pay attention to the finer points of what they are judged on. And stepping into any church as an outsider you will catch some ribbing. It is expected and is normally good-natured (in my experience anyway). The lady I was with had made me go with her and she did not stand up for me, I knew almost everyone there, and I am quite capable of taking a ribbing. It was nothing like I expected. I have been raised with most of them. I choose to follow the Native American beliefs and attend their church when I do attend and have found the same there but they get over it in about 2 seconds. I'll post that pic when/if I get my XP installed here so I can use my scanner!

• Members

If someone wants a real take on racism, step into an ethnic bar or club! Trust me folks it's not as bad as you think.