Official Community Forums Home

Im A Student Designing An Adult Toy

student08

Hello everyone. Im going to be designing an adult toy for my final semester and would like as much input as I can get. I dont have any experience with sex toys but Im a good designer so any replies I recieve would really help and be appreciated. Thank you

1. What type of toy do you own?

2. What is your favorite toy and why?

3. What is your least favorite toy and why?

4. What would you like to see in a new adult toy?

5. What is your favorite feature on any toy and why?

6. What is your least favorite feature on any toy and why?

• Members

1. I have a bullet, two rabbits, a couple slimlines, a butt plug, anal beads, Smart Balls, a dildo.

2. My favorite is the rabbit, because it stimulates my clit (FANTASTIC!) and it penetrates, which is very, very important for me. It rotates instead of just vibrates, which is awesome!

3. My least favorite are the slimlines because the only vibrate and are not filling. They take too much work for me to use alone. Mostly, I need more girth.

4. A remote that is truly remote. No wires or cords. Waterproof. Good range of vibes, soft to intense. Dual action.

5. Variability. With my rabbit, I can start out slow and then raise the intensity as I become more aroused. Also, hubby can control the remote, so I have no idea what to expect.

6. I have to do the thrusting with my hand and I get tired or bored with the monotony.

• Members

What school do you go to and what's your major??

I have lots of vibrators I use on myself. All the other sex toys we own are for me to use on my husband.

My favorite toy ever is the Tongue Joy vibe, which I used as a finger vibe. I loved (it died after two months) it because it was tiny, but powerful when used with the battery pack. It loses too much power when the watch batteries are in it.

Unfortunately, sex toys that are connected to an external battery pack tend to die fast becuase the fragile wire that connects to the pack doesn't last. Just like the wires in both expensive and cheap earbuds, they suffer from poor workmanship and will break if not exceptionally well protected. I'd LOVE a tiny vibe like that with a plug-in option, so much more durable!!

What I've always wanted to find is a small non-insertable sex toy that does something else besides vibrate, but acts more like a finger -- one that moves back and forth and in circles. If it came with a plug-in option I'd be willing to spend quite a bit for that, since every toy I've ever had that used watch batteries (expensive and weak) or a battery pack (at least six) broke within ten uses.

My husband likes anal stimulation, but he's leery of larger ones that would probably do a better job of stimulating his prostate. He'd love an anal toy that could expand slowly after it was inserted, which is always the intimidating part for him.

Would you let us know what you decide to design? I'd love to see what the other students come up with. ;)

What school do you go to and what's your major??

Hi lilpink. Im going to the Academy of Art in San Francisco. My major is industrial design. This semester however Im doing an independant study because its my last semester and I wanted to do a project like this, They probably wouldnt let me do this in a regular class environment even though its one of the biggest industries worldwide. Thank you for your help and I will definately put up my design when its finished.

Several. I have dildos made of a variety of materials, dual actions, bullets, suction cup stimulators........my favorite toy materials are glass or cyberskin.

My favorite toys, are a thick dildo, and a bullet with a clit stimulating sleeve on it (Kinda looks like a pointy tongue of sorts).

Hard plastic straight vibes. I don't like hard plastic. I like a fuller, more real feeling. I know, conflicts with the glass feeling, but, plastic just seems a bit impersonal for my tastes.

I like a range of powerful settings. As well as direct stimulation options. Meaning pointy ends that are a bit sturdy, yet still have a bit of give to them......also, functionality as well as a pretty/sleek design that doesn't scream CHEEZY. You know, something that is elegant, functional, as well as effective.

Answered in the above answer.

Too many buttons, in the heat of the moment, I prefer something simple, easy to use, and effective. I LOVE strong vibes, and that's one thing I really look for.

I hope that these help. Good luck in your design!!

• Members

I agree with lilpink; I really want to see what you come up with! Also, Tyger mentioned glass dildos, which I have yet to try, but I hear nothing but good things about them. I really want to try one, but the one that I want is a bit out of my price range right now. :(

But to add to my earlier post, I hate hard plastic vibes. I have a bullet that is plastic, but it has a silky feel to it (don't remember what it's called). Also, rubbery vibes are okay, but anything that has a more realistic feel to it is better. I like outlandish colors better also. Such as hot pink or teal or purple.

• Members

vibrating eggs, g-spot dildo, smart balls pelvic exerciser, little zinger butt plug, and another anal toy that vibrates that I can't remember the name of

plain old vibrating egg. it's not fancy but it's versatile and it does the job.

I don't like the jelly sleeves that fit over vibrators--too hard to get on and off and too squishy to feel good to me. I like firm materials.

is it possible to make one that can be warmed? it seems like the toys are so cold to start with and that can be a turn off at times (unless I need to be cooled down!)

I really like strong vibrations--even better if there is a dial or a dimmer-type of switch to adjust the vibrations.

I'm not sure if I have a least favorite feature, just that many toys seem to be made cheaply and don't last too long. That's why it is always good to shop here for their great return policy!

• Members

A dual (or even triple/anal) action vibe that's nice and firm with some big girth and LOTS of power and movement on ALL 3 functions. Make it where the main shaft both thrusts and rotates and the head can be bent for hitting the g-spot while it also rotates. Make sure the clit stimulator is not too weak or floppy.....firm, hard power is the only way to go!

• Members

At one point before they got "lost" at the airport,

I had glass, jelly, plastic, metal, dual actions, single actions, bullets, dual bullets, remote controlled and manually controlled, vibrating and non vibrating.

I had dildos, vibrators, external and internal use toys.

I LOVE my glass dildo, it can be used with any kind of lube with no possible damage to the toy.

It can be used heated or cooled, warms quickly to body temprature and is so pretty you can leave it out without fear of

" them" finding out what it is.

As for a vibrating toy, I would have to say my ultimate pearl beaded rabbit, it is a dual action, and it is super quiet, a DEFINATE must have in my book.

This woudl have to be my g spot toy.

why? because it is uncomfortable to use, it is made out of a hard plastic, if it does not feel good, I won't use it.

Something easy to use, and something that makes it fun for both partners to use.

Light up, glow in the dark and waterproof toys are always a safe bet.

This is a multiple choice question, differant toys have differant qualities.

If it is an external use toy, I dislike the jelly sleeves, they tend to mute down the vibes and make it hard to use.

If it is an insertable toy, I dislike hard plastic, if it going to be in me, and I am going to be squirming around, I want something that will give a little.

I also dislike loud motors, I am a mom of 4 kids who have a tendancy to wake up if a feather drops.

I like the toys with a texture on the outside,

it allows for extra sensation and if you have extra sensation, it means your more than likely going to use that toy again.

• 9 months later...
  • Members
Hello everyone. Im going to be designing an adult toy for my final semester and would like as much input as I can get. I dont have any experience with sex toys but Im a good designer so any replies I recieve would really help and be appreciated. Thank you

I have 3 bullets. I have 4 masturbator sleeves (3 cheapies and a good one thats cyberskin). I have 14 assorted dongs and dildos of jelly, rubber, cyberskin and hard plastic. My hard plastic vibe has the most intense vibration (C batts). It really cooks! I have 2 paddles and some leather cuffs, chains, snaplinks, many different lubes and odds and ends.

That would be my Topco brand Boi Toyz Fab Cock. Mr Big as I call this toy gave me my first and (thus far) last prostate orgasm 3.5 years ago. But it ain't been for a lack of trying that I've only had just the one.

That would have to be my Blue Thumper. When I got it it was awesome at first. It is shaped kinda like anal beads or a bunch of figure eights strung together. Its hard plastic. But while it worked it didn't vibrate so much as it GYRATED. It really got my juices going. Without the gyration action it just doesn't cut it.

I would love to see a toy that simulates a squirmy long thick tongue that would fake out my ass into feeling like its getting a KILLER RIM JOB!!! With say 7 or 8 insertable inches with a soft tho firm tongue tip of about 1" and around 1 1/2 to 2 inches at the base. It should rotate/spin even when you inadvertently bare down (clench your ass muscles) and it must GYRATE or vibrate. It should be a plug in the wall type or cordless (for shower fun) and use hi torque motors that won't burn up during marathon (6 hour plus) sessions. If TT had such a toy with their 1 yr guarantee I would get one if it was reasonably priced ($100 range +-).

Quality craftsmanship coupled with strong motors.

Toys that break after 90 days or less that may cost an arm and a leg.