Official Community Forums Home

What Was The Nicest, Sincere Compliment.....

Tyger

So, what was the most sincerest, nicest compliment that you've ever recieved from a stranger that wasn't trying to hit on you?

I've had a couple, but, the one that sticks out in my mind the most, was, when I was 20, working at a retail store, looking at some paperwork that had to be done. They had just cleared us to wear jeans and nice tops, so long as the jeans weren't ripped or anything. I had calf-high brown suede boots on too. I wasn't really paying a heck of a lot of attention to others around me, til I noticed this guy, with a backpack in my department. Let me stress that I was the department manager of an INFANTS and GIRLS dept. So, to see a young man there, with no kid with him, was extremely rare. I was a member of the security team as well, so, I casually took notice of him. He walked around the dept for a while, always looking right at me, which theives didn't do that much. Right as I was about to call security, he strode right up to me, and said, "excuse me miss, I hope that I'm not too forward here, and I am not trying to hit on you, but you are one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, and I wanted to let you know that. Thanks for letting me tell you that." I was flabbergasted. Nobody does that! LOL I thanked him politely, while feeling the blush creaping up, and he walked off.

Funny thing is, is that the security officer was watching this guy "stalk" me in my dept. and called me on my dept. phone to ask if I was OK. I was like "Hell yeah". B) My BF at the time asked me why I was kinda 'giddy', and I told him. I thought he was going to scent mark (LOL pee) all around me!!

I've given a compliment to a guy before too. There was a guy that I worked with here where I live, and I told him that I thought he was not only gorgeous, but nice and sweet too. I told him that if I were single, he'd be in trouble!! LOL He actually blushed!!! I was impressed with that.

• Members

The nicest compliments I get is that my smile is nice, genuine, etc.

When I worked at Walmart in Albuquerque we had this guy who always came in and he looked like Esai Morales (I hope I spelled that correctly LOL) and one day I was helping him at the cosmetics counter and I said 'Has anyone ever told you you look like Esai Morales?" To which he said "I am Esai" My face dropped and and he said "Oh don't lose that smile, it's why I come in here." So after I picked myself up from the floor I was just beaming. After that every time he came in, he would make sure to stop where ever I was working and say something to make me smile (which isn't that hard since when I am nervous I smile) :)

• Members

One of my tennis partners, who I don't know very well, once said to me, after a particularly good game, "You complete me." I was so shocked, I just laughed. There have been others, but that one stands out because it was pretty recent.

• Members

Most of my friends and family know that I have been having dental problems for a while now,

4 years ago, my teeth began falling out.

It has affected several aspects of my life, I find it diffacult to obtain employment, getting a date nowdays is damn near impossible, and smiling, well thats a thing of the past, you only see it in my photo album.

A friend of mine recently told me " I can not wait till your teeth are fixed, cause I really miss your smile"

That single comment made me feel really good about myself again.

• Members

I have to agree with Iha. Every time I post something here and my views are reaffirmed by some of the more knowledgeable and prominent posters I get a very warm feeling inside and a bit of a confidence boost. Tyger does it most frequently, and even though we've been friends for years and years, it's still a very nice feeling...and I know she isn't trying to hit on me because she believes that I'm not a sexual creature at all. The poor girl is so delusional, but I like her anyway.

Thurisas.

LOL You have always made me laugh Thur! Well, we've known each other so long......it'd be like trying to think of a sibling. I KNOW you do it....and who you do it WITH.....but still!!! :P But I still love you too.

If it helps, I still have the pic of you in your military uniform, and you looked quite HOT in it.....for a "non-sexual entity"!! But, yes, you did look hot in it.

Was that the ring of "leverage" I hear? Just kidding!!! *muah*

• Members

Best compliment from a near-stranger was when someone told me "if I could kiss your brain, I would." :lol: I also like compliments on my smile, or my body mods. I actually do not have much appreciation for being called beautiful, or sexy, because my body is not something I work on so I don't feel like it's really a compliment to me, if that makes sense?

Best compliment ever was being told "I love you" by someone very special to me.

• Members

My answer is similar to Synirr's....when the man I love and have the highest regard & respect for...more than anyone else over the course of my entire life...told me he loved me, that was the best compliment I have ever received.

• Members

The most recent and best compliment I have recieved lately wasn't from a

stranger but from my 4 yr old. I was having a I want to look good day and

put on some eyeliner and shadow, My son walks up to me stares for a

minute and says Mommy your eyes are very pretty. It was very sweet!!

• Members
OK, I'm gonna go again...because well, the room is empty and there isn't anyone here to stop me.

When my 1st two children were little, especially the oldest, people would constantly come up to me to say how well behaved my kids were. My 1st one was such an angel, so easy to raise. People couldn't believe a 3 year old could be so polite. Well, the compliments ended about the time my youngest hit 18mos lol

But they have nice things to say about him now...and that will continue:)

Nymph;)

I have to agree with Nymph, whenever my son is out in public I always worry he's going to misbehave, etc but every time he comes home or is out with me everyone comments about what a polite, nice young man he is. Of course I am thinking Pfft, you should see him at home :lol: But it is good to know he knows how to act around people.

And Nymph I forgot to reply in a post you asked me how I was liking the weather here in Michigan, well after today I am so ready for spring and no more snow. I live near the tri state border and boy our road commission needs to be let go. I'm tired of snow and icy roads when other counties are clear :rolleyes: But it was good to see a Michigander on here.

• Members

Mine is fairly cheesy - but I will always remember it. I was in college, law school, and we were assigned moot court teams. I went to study with my team and we were practicing our parts - opening, closing, cross - anyway, this very attractive and VERY smart member of my team, Mark, made a comment to me after I recited my closing. I will never forget it: "I guess you CAN get brains and beauty in one package." I almost melted cause I knew he meant it and wasn't hitting on me - he was and is happily married. He is still one of my good friends!

OK Iha, then let me just say this (this should get you good) - I can fall harder and deeper for a man with superior intelligence, articulate thoughs, original ideas and creativity all mixed with a sincere, romantic side. IF this were 'real life' and we were each not married, I would hunt you down just to meet you! You make me think - and THAT is something that makes me hot!

Thurisas - along the same lines (don't mean to put you second) you also have a way of speaking and defending your own views that makes me realize you are a 'man's man'. Also, hearing how sweet you are to Val - I think it would be a pleasure to know you outside of TT.

Thurisas.....a man's man.....well.....see, that's hard for me to even SEE!! LOL But, I will vouch for him. He's a caring, sweet, loving person (whom my shy daughter just TOOK right too the first day she met him). He's very good to Val (he'd better be!! LOL). And, yes, he is a cutie with a quirky, wonderful sense of humor. I was SO happy to stand with her at their wedding. Even if I towered over almost everyone. *poke poke* (long-running joke)

And his wife's not too shabby either! ;):P

• Members
Thurisas - along the same lines (don't mean to put you second) you also have a way of speaking and defending your own views that makes me realize you are a 'man's man'. Also, hearing how sweet you are to Val - I think it would be a pleasure to know you outside of TT.
He's a caring, sweet, loving person (whom my shy daughter just TOOK right too the first day she met him). He's very good to Val (he'd better be!! LOL). And, yes, he is a cutie with a quirky, wonderful sense of humor.

Now, see... I know these weren't directed TO me, but this is the kinda thing that makes me all warm and host a heck of a smile. And yah, he IS a sweetheart... kinda thinkin' of keeping him around another 50 or 60 years. ;):kiss:

• Members

The best in my memory is one that was given by an elderly lady when I was in my early 20s. I was working at a grocery store when she stepped up in line. While I was bagging her groceries she told me that Don Johnson looked just like me. Had she told me that I looked like him I would not have felt so complimented by it. She was a Southern Lady that older people wrote songs and such about. I was pushing her cart to the front line to await her driving up and letting the other guys load them in her car for her but she grabbed my elbow and asked me to walk her out to her car and load it myself. We talked about her dead husband and many other things on the way and I just got the sense that her husband must have been one of the luckiest men on the planet. She was the first woman I ever met that had been to "finishing school". I have only met one other who has been there and I must say there is something to be said for it. I've tried to take it into my mind the way that she treated people. It may seem small but just the way that things are said to others can make a big difference in how they are percieved. She has always remained in my mind when I compliment someone.

• Members

I have to agree with Tyger. Looking at me, I'm about as far from a "manly man" as one could possibly get. I am, however, very able to defend and fight for myself and my views and I thank you for noting that. These have absolutely been the most wonderful (if a bit backhanded by Tyger) compliments I've ever received. Thank you very much Mikayla, Tyger, and Valntyn.

Thurisas.

Nope, they weren't meant to be "backhanded". All in good fun, dearie. *hugs*

• Members
And Nymph I forgot to reply in a post you asked me how I was liking the weather here in Michigan, well after today I am so ready for spring and no more snow. I live near the tri state border and boy our road commission needs to be let go. I'm tired of snow and icy roads when other counties are clear :rolleyes: But it was good to see a Michigander on here.

I live in MI aslo, and I cant tell you how ready Iam for spring too!! I visited my brother in OR over spring break and the weather was so nice there were FLOWERS! ^_^

uhhh cant think of something sweet a stranger has said to me, but ill think of something!