Official Community Forums Home

Age Differences?

• Members

Sweet guy and I are 6 years apart, but depending which formula for 'man years' I use, it mkes us pretty close to th same age!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am 4 months older than hubby, but he may as well be 10 years older. I'm ready to grab life by the balls right now and milk it for all it's worth and he's content to quietly vegetate but we still make it work. :)

• Members

6 months older than my wife. The biggest gap was when I was a teenager and fell in love for the first time. I had turned 17 the week before I met her and she turned 14 the week after we met...so 3 years and 50 weeks or so...she was dynamite, and for years I kicked my self for losing her, but I knew I found my wife when I no longer cared about the "one that got away"

• Members

the current boy is only two years older, but i have to say, the best times i ever had were with older men, they just seem to under stand that there's more to crossing the finish line. Like when I was 19 I made out with this 31yo guy who was visiting my neighbors, somehow he ended up staying in my dorm room, and I have to say, the thought of that still makes me giddy.

• Members

I agree my previous was into more of wham bam thank you ma'am. Whereas my SO other now who is 14 years older is into the whole package from taken our time with foreplay to enjoying making love to cuddling and laying there together afterwards. I was in shock our first time, because my previous relationship it was normally 10-15 minutes from foreplay to being done and out of the bed. It was insane.

• Members
I agree my previous was into more of wham bam thank you ma'am. Whereas my SO other now who is 14 years older is into the whole package from taken our time with foreplay to enjoying making love to cuddling and laying there together afterwards. I was in shock our first time, because my previous relationship it was normally 10-15 minutes from foreplay to being done and out of the bed. It was insane.

I see what you mean, but I just have to say, mine is 23 and I, 27, but he has NEVER been the "wham bam, thank you ma'am" type - even when he was 18 and I, 22. He has always gone for the "full package." ;)

That just depends on the person, I guess...

• Members
I see what you mean, but I just have to say, mine is 23 and I, 27, but he has NEVER been the "wham bam, thank you ma'am" type - even when he was 18 and I 22. He has always gone for the "full package." ;)

That just depends on the person, I guess...

okay this was definitely an over generalization on my part but i think it's more specific for the brief encounter. Cause this new boy isn't that much older than me (according to Mikyla's math he would still be what 8 years younger then me? did i do that math right?) and he's definitely into making the journey as much fun as possible.

• Members

Our average sessions are a few hours. Last night was about 3 and one half, he has never been a wham bam type of man either.

• Members
Our average sessions are a few hours. Last night was about 3 and one half, he has never been a wham bam type of man either.

I hear ya, Girl! Ours is about 4 hours or more on the weekends, 1-2 on week nights (we have to sleep during the week, right?!). ;):P

• Members

My husband will be 23 on the 28th of this month, and I am 38. There is 15 years between us. But if one of us didn't look older (me) you would never know. Aug. we will be married 3 years. He was 19 when he got together. We get along great. Most people that knows us says he acts older than me anyway. Age is just a number.

• Members

I agree age is just a number. We have had that conversation several times. I just love how he takes his time. Whereas my previous like I said he was a wham bam thank you ma'am. He said he has never really been into sex. I know one of his exes and after we broke up she told me he was the same way with her as well. To each his own I guess. It just threw me to go from 15 minutes tops to complete everything to someone that is at least a few hours. Just boggles my mind. I tease my SO and tell him the young ones have nothing on him....that he can run circles around them.

• Members

My wife's 15 years older than me, wasn't so bad 20 years ago when we got married, but now age/health problems is creeping in. She has now had both knees replaced, and I've had both hips replaced, so some positions are no longer possible. All in all, sex with mid 70's wife is SUPER!

• Members
My wife's 15 years older than me, wasn't so bad 20 years ago when we got married, but now age/health problems is creeping in. She has now had both knees replaced, and I've had both hips replaced, so some positions are no longer possible. All in all, sex with mid 70's wife is SUPER!

I LOVE hearing that!! We always say that we pray we are still doing it at 60-70-80 years old! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good "work!"

• Members

The person i am talking to/seeing now, is 4 1/2 years older? I'm 18 he's 23 (just turned). We have not been serious for long, but I'm hoping my parents don't see it as a problem! :o Hey I'm mature for my age anyway!

• Members

If both parties are fine with it noone else should bother them. I have seen a few of these older m/younger f hook-ups where things go completely astray from love and respect though. Usually the girl quits school, cuts off friends/family, and lives in his sick controlled world, at least until she sees him for what he is and gets out. (Sorry men I just haven't seen the other side of this one). By then she has a dozen kids, no support system to help her get out, no job skills, and probably nothing possession wise to speak of either. If you see the signs I speak of here leave immediately if not sooner. You'll be happier in the long run!

If yours is nothing like that example then it is your choice and don't let anyone make it for you!!!!

• Members
If both parties are fine with it noone else should bother them. I have seen a few of these older m/younger f hook-ups where things go completely astray from love and respect though. Usually the girl quits school, cuts off friends/family, and lives in his sick controlled world, at least until she sees him for what he is and gets out. (Sorry men I just haven't seen the other side of this one). By then she has a dozen kids, no support system to help her get out, no job skills, and probably nothing possession wise to speak of either. If you see the signs I speak of here leave immediately if not sooner. You'll be happier in the long run!

If yours is nothing like that example then it is your choice and don't let anyone make it for you!!!!

Nah he's not like that. He has a steady career and life going and I have work and school, and together we both have a lot of goals to accomplish still. He knows how important school is to me, our careers are very similar which works out just lovely. Yeah I would NEVER quit school for a guy, ever...or cut off my friends and family. He was in a relationship with a girl who forced HIM to do that, so he definitely doesn't want another girl like that. It's too early to say, but right now it's just great fun.

• Members

You are still young with so much you can accomplish. Having fun is what counts. If he supports you, which I don't doubt, you have found a worthy man! How far it goes is your choice! Just don't pass up opportunities that you wouldn't otherwise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's funny how age seems like so much sometime and longer you are together the less it seems... i was only 15 when i started dating my husband who was almost 20 and was mom ever ticked when she found out how old he was! LOL ... seemed so so much older then me. well that was almost 10 years ago. so we are now 29 and almost 25. so we are 5 years apart. Been together for almost 9 1/2 years and married for almost 7 years~

• Members

I'm in love with a man who is 14 years older than me. Feels divine. I guess when you are on the same wavelength with someone, age difference doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I was on another forum discussing age differences, and relationships.

Anyone here with age differences among their partners?

I have a 17 year difference between me hubby. He'll be 29 in August, I'll be 46 in September and it doesn't bother us in the least, tho I do get a lot of bowing from my girlfriends ;)

Koo Koo Ka Choo!

060531_graduate_vmed_12pwidec.jpg

My first hubby was 40. I was 22 when we married. (Didn't work out.) But, NOT because of the age difference. (Maturity Difference - you bet! He's still immature!) 2nd hubby was only 9 months younger than me, and again - things didn't work out for us. (Different priorities.) My current hubby is just 12 days shy of being exactly 20 years younger than I am. We've been married for 10 years, he was 19 and I was 39. Although I'd like to see some improvements in our marriage (as would he) I believe they are all reasonable, IF we discuss them, and look for a solution. To be honest, if I had to do it all over again, I'd marry my hubby again! (Even if I knew then, what I know now. -- Provided he did too, and still proposed!) It's not the age differences that cause problems though. It is communication problems that cause the problems. Whether it is about choices, expectations, friends or sex, clear communication is a KEY necessity! The only other thing that can cause problems, (based on my own observations) is if the guy has "Y-chromosome syndrome" - e-mail me, if you need an explanation. :P

By the way, my Mom was 10 years older than my Dad. They divorced when I was 8, but again - it wasn't due to the age difference!