Official Community Forums Home

Age Differences?

• Members

I was on another forum discussing age differences, and relationships.

Anyone here with age differences among their partners?

I have a 17 year difference between me hubby. He'll be 29 in August, I'll be 46 in September and it doesn't bother us in the least, tho I do get a lot of bowing from my girlfriends ;)

Koo Koo Ka Choo!

060531_graduate_vmed_12pwidec.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's fabulous My FWB is 38, so he is 10 years younger. There is a bit of difference in our life outlook, but I have kids, he doesn't...lots to make us more different than more similar. But it's fine in the bedroom, Mrs. Robinson....

• Members

I've been in all 3 positions of this situation. Older woman know a lot more, younger girls keep the wood petrified, and same age makes for more in common!

• Members

Aiden - you go girl! Here's to you Mrs. R..........

I'm 5 years older than my SO. My parents have 10 years between them. My dad was actually my mom's college professor. Talk about bow chica bow wow ;) haha

• Members

Hehe! Very cute question/topic!!

I've been the younger woman by only three years... I've been the older woman by five...

Right now I'm "older than dirt." Translation: I'm exactly a year older than Thurisas. Our birthday falls on the same day, but I'm a year older. He loves when I hit the next group of numbers (like when I turned 30 and he turned 29), because it makes me a "whole decade" older than him. :P:huh:<_<

• Members

My SO and I have 14 years apart. Yet we have discussed this. I am a lot more mature for my age due to life situations that I have gone through. For isntance we look at friends of mine that when they get money they just have to blow it or are still into being a partier or drinker. I am into taking care of my 5 year old and making sure I have a solid life for my daughter. I am 33 and he is 47. He is very stable in his life, has been with his company a long time and love me as well as my daughter which is great. He also knows how to have fun. I tease him every once in a while and tell him he is closer to my moms age then mine. SO then he in turn calls me a bratty bitch. If someone would have asked me last year if I would be seeing someone 14 years older than me I would have probably said flat out no. Just goes to show you never know. I do love thought when he says something about when he was in high school. I joke and am like I wasnt' even in school yet.

I went from a man that was 6 years older than me but acted 10 years younger. He didn't want to hold a job and only wanted to play video games. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with playing video games as long as you are handling your priorities as well. I finally had enough and left that relationship. I am much happier for it.

• Members

hubby and i are 4 years apart almost to the day. his birthday is jan. 17, and mine is the 25th. i am older then hubby. its no biggie, but when we got together i was 25, and he was 20. i plucked him from his mama :o

• Members
He was old enough to make that choice for himself!

his mom wasn't to happy about it either. and for purely selfish reasons. thats why im glad she lives across the atlantic.

she did however ask me once how i managed to get him to clean up after himself. because she never could. i said "#1 i don't wait on him hand and foot, so he has no choice. #2 i have a far better power then you could ever have." shes not the brightest woman, so it took her a minute to get what i meant

• Members

Yes, we have a bit of an age difference, as well. 4 ½ years - doesn’t sound like much now, but here’s the story:

When we met, I was 20, he barely 16 and just driving. I never even considered him as boyfriend material for years. We were BEST friends for almost 3 years before that changed. He slept on my couch and I called him my little brother!

Then one day when he was almost 19, everything changed in one night - he suddenly moved from my couch to my bed. He had always taken care of me (I was away from home in college and terribly depressed most of the time) and that never changed. 5 months later I was pregnant. When our son was 2 weeks away from being a year old, we were married.

We have been best friends for over 7 years now, married for 2 ½, and our son is 3 1/2. I cannot imagine life without him, we have been together so long. There has always been such a strong connection between us.

I feel I have watched him grow up in a way, and him me. He was a boy when we met, and he let me cry on his shoulder as my relationships ended, as well as my parents marriage - we have seen each other through A LOT.

So, in the beginning, it was a huge age difference because of the ages each of us were at - I never would have thought we would be “together.” Now, I cannot imagine my life any other way.

Happy ending!! :D;)

• Members

I'm not currently in a relationship, but my best friend has been for the last four years.

Right now, she's 48 and he's 26.

She carded him before she let him in her bedroom.

• Members
his mom wasn't to happy about it either. and for purely selfish reasons. thats why im glad she lives across the atlantic.

she did however ask me once how i managed to get him to clean up after himself. because she never could. i said "#1 i don't wait on him hand and foot, so he has no choice. #2 i have a far better power then you could ever have." shes not the brightest woman, so it took her a minute to get what i meant

I bet I know what the reason #2 referred to. Power of the P@#$%?

• Members

my hubby and I have a 13 year age difference... I'm 20 he's 33 well be 21 and 34 this year. And we're a good match so far haha... I promise if you met us you'd never notice a difference.

• Members

Just my opinion but I think attitudes and personalities are just a few of the key factors in makiing May/December romances work!

My hubby's almost 3 mos older than I am, so I always pick on him "for getting there first".

Usually, I am the younger one, but there have been times where I was the older one. The biggest age difference in someone I was intimate with was 8 yrs, and the youngest I was was 5 yrs than my BF.

• Members

Kim is 1 year older than me. but my mom and dad had a huge difference he was 20 when she was born. they got along just fine.

• Members

When I was 18-19 I was with someone who was 46. It didn't last in the longrun, both because I was too immature to devote time to making it work and because of some basic personality differences. It was fun while it lasted; we had a good run, and we parted ways amicably.

Now I'm seeing someone who is 3 years younger. Doesn't sound like a lot until you realize I can't go much younger than that without it being illegal, haha. He is 19 and I am 22.

• Members

My hubby is only a year younger.....but in 'MAN YEARS' that is at least 10 right???? :lol:;)

• Members
My hubby is only a year younger.....but in 'MAN YEARS' that is at least 10 right???? :lol:;)

Ahem...its 3 years, Mikayla, not 10.

Randy.

I thought it was 5? :P

• Members
damn straight!! all bundled up in a pretty little package :P

That was always my biggest complaint about divorce. She gets 1/2 the money and ALL the pussy! Next time I'm fighting for custody, or at least visitation!