Official Community Forums Home

Surgery Set

toohotcatmom

• Members

For those that know, I'm having my gallbladder removed Tuesday, June17th and will be off work from tomorrow through the 30th...I'm sure I'll be hanging here while I recover...

• Members

Ours thoughts will be with you. And you know right where we are if you feel lonely! Get Well Soon!

• Members

Best wishes for a truly speedy recovery. I had mine out in 1981 and I was back on my feet in a week.

• Members

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the thoughts....cause I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous!

• Members
For those that know, I'm having my gallbladder removed Tuesday, June17th and will be off work from tomorrow through the 30th...I'm sure I'll be hanging here while I recover...

remember the Zofran (Nausea) and Versaid for memory

tell 'em not to spare the Zofran!

this will be a piece of cake for you.

i had mine done in 1985 they gut me like a fish horrible scar.

• Members

awwww, no worries, you will be JUST fine. I was back to work in 3 days! Good luck.

Good luck!! It's not as bad as your mind makes it. You should've seen me when I was in the OR for my c-section!! I was trembling like a chihuahua!! LMAO

• Members

Hope everything goes well. We will all be here for you. As for being on here......well, I'm on medical leave right now so i'll be around for sure! Good luck!

• Members

2hot, you will do wonderfully. Take some good music with you on your ipod or whatever you have, listen to it before the surgery. This surgery is a piece if cake for the docs..you will be in the RR before you even know it. I had mine out in 95 and was out of work 3 days. The Zofran is good stuff. Get some good pain meds!! You will burn through this , baby!

• Members

best wishes!

• Members

Thanks everyone - glad to have friends!

Ladylove - surgery will be Tuesday and yes, it should be the laprascopic kind....

• Members
Thanks everyone - glad to have friends!

Ladylove - surgery will be Tuesday and yes, it should be the laprascopic kind....

are they going in through your belly button?? i had a laprascopic surgery when i was 16. they thought i had endometriosis. but i didnt. never thought to check a 16 year old for the begining stages of pcos i guess. i was back on the field hockey field the next day.

• Members

Best of Luck to you 2Hot and a speedy recovery. ;)

• Members

2hot I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

• Members

2Hot...

You will be just fine honey, trust me.

Because of the type of surgery you are having, your recovery will be so much quicker....

A lot quicker than the old fashined kind, wich the recovery was at least 6 to 8 weeks.

Here is hoping that your recovery is quick and smooth, and you will be back in the saddle in no time.

((HUGS))

Yeah my keyboard is still screwed up, but, the new one is on the way, until then, I will deal.

• Members

Most of these are outpatient procedures nowadays so I know things have changed since the 80's and early 90's less invasive. I wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck hun!! *HUGS*

• Members

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts!

It will be an outpatient procedure so no overnight (yea!). Tig, Angel5 - Versaid and Zofran - got it! Tig, I'm gonna wear a little casual t-shirt dress so I won't have to worry about fitting into something.

I'm really nervous so the doctor has given me a valium to take the moring of...to help me relax. Hubby will be with me and is already putting me through the deep breathing exercises....he's such a good man!

Thanks again everyone and I'll be back on as soon after as possible.

2hot

• Members

Good Luck today....I know you'll do great. I hear the recovery from L- surgery is much easier for the patient.

• Members

If you need a little something to help you sleep the night before - try Tylenol PM (1 tab) - usually takes the edge off so it's easier to fall asleep. Don't worry about having to ask for Versed and Zofran - both are standard of care in this day and age since the goal of most hospitals/surgicenters is to get you awake and home in a relatively short time frame. Wearing a loose shift/dress is a perfect choice. As for being nervous and/or a bit anxious - that's completely normal - after all you are being put to sleep and loosing complete control for awhile - as I tell my patients (I'm a surgeon) - if you're not at least a little bit nervous then you're a little bit crazy. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.