Official Community Forums Home

What I Don't Like About Myself.

pappyld04

• Members

Ladies can you name the things that you don't like and the reason why? And to follow-up how about an idea or 2 on how you could change this feeling?!?!?!

• Members

Very procactive Pappy! I am not sure I want to go there but OK.

I don't like my body.

I need to get disciplined, diet and exercise.

I tend to worry too much about what people think.

I need to concern myself with myself. Screw THEM!

I am way too emotional, things bother me deeply and I get hurt a lot.

I need to just let things go and again stop worrying about others.

I am lazy and unmotivated.

I need to prioritize and become productive.

I think I'll stop there. These are things I am already working on. I was a little hesitant at first but writing the solutions is helpful!

Thanks Pappy!

• Members

Sorry sun but I figure if we can name our good points we should also look at our bad ones and how to change them. I should have opened with my own but I figured I'd let that ride until I saw at least one person answer and fess up!

One of my major pissers is the fact that this PTSD thing seems to be whipping my ass and I am not one to lay down for that shit.

Another is my hair triggered temper.

• Review Team

OK, here goes:

I cannot trust - other people or myself.

I need to find some way to resolve the issues of my past that have caused this, talking about it with people who care would be a start.

I don't like my body.

I go to the gym but I need to go more.

I have terrible mood swings with really low lows.

I need to look at things in proper perspective and accept the things I can't change.

I am mentally exhausted.

I need to have some "me" time to decompress.

I always assume the worst in every situation such as thinking a person is nice to me only because they want something.

(See number one.)

I only see my problems, not the things I have going for me (hence, this poll is so much easier than Sun's!) I don't think I am smart enough, pretty enough, friendly enough -- just basically not worth peoples' time.

This has a lot to do with my past and issues I need to work through. These negative thoughts have been reinforced time and time again by people (I really know how to pick 'em!) so it is hard to just get over.

I could go on, but that will do for now. :huh: I'm a mess, uhh?!?!

• Members

Okay my turn....

I stress WAY too much.

I don't really know how to let things roll off my back but I guess just reminding myself that in the end it doesn't matter.

I'm over weight.

Well I will be honest d it's not an excuse, but I am genetically predisposed to this so I REALLY need to crack down and use the videos and equipment I waste all this money on!

I'm terrible with money.

I need to just avoid the mall and not shop on here as much. LOL

I have LOTS of cellulite on my thigh (which are huge).

Even when I was thinner my senior yera of high school (135lb) I still had thick hips and thighs and lots of cellulite, so I'm open to recommendations here.

I'm a home body.

I need to have friends who want to go out and do things cause I HATE doing things alone.

The list could go on.

• Members

Wow this is a good post...now where to start....

I don't like my body.

I have stretch marks from having baby, love handles that wont go away, just a different body then what I had before I had my daughter.

I need to accept it and just move on. I hate going out even in short cuz I think I have too much inner thigh fat.

I worry too much about what people think.

I need to do things how I myself really want to do them and stop worrying so much what they think...not sure how to do this though.

"I am way too emotional, things bother me deeply and I get hurt a lot.

I need to just let things go and again stop worrying about others."...had to borrow this one....it just yelled my name. And when I get too emotional I do stupid things cuz growing up I wasn't allowed to show emotion.....

"I'm a home body.

I need to have friends who want to go out and do things cause I HATE doing things alone."...and had to borrow this answer too cuz this is so me. I also need to find some friends in my area.

Sometimes I don't like my life. Hate myself for having fibromyalgia and all other things I have....arthritis in my back and scoliosis...I just have to learn to live with them and move on. Have to be here to raise my daughter. (part of my counseling)

I am not going to write much more for now. I am in counceling to "put my past in the past" and get over it. There are so many things that I have been through in life and my councelor even asked me how I managed to turn into the person I am today. I smile all the time...but that smile is hiding so many scars that no one would ever guess.

• Members
I only see my problems, not the things I have going for me (hence, this poll is so much easier than Sun's!) I don't think I am smart enough, pretty enough, friendly enough -- just basically not worth peoples' time.

This has a lot to do with my past and issues I need to work through. These negative thoughts have been reinforced time and time again by people (I really know how to pick 'em!) so it is hard to just get over.

Okay babe, now I know this feeling but let me tell you something, since I have gotten to know you i think you are absolutely fabulous!! You are very quick witted and SUPER friendly and more than worth anyone's and everyone's time!

• Review Team
Okay babe, now I know this feeling but let me tell you something, since I have gotten to know you i think you are absolutely fabulous!! You are very quick witted and SUPER friendly and more than worth anyone's and everyone's time!

Awww, thanks sweetie! :kiss: I have met some great friends on here, including you, and I appreciate everyone so much!

I am working on my issues, but it took awhile to get to this point so it is going to take awhile to change.

• Members
Awww, thanks sweetie! :kiss: I have met some great friends on here, including you, and I appreciate everyone so much!

I am working on my issues, but it took awhile to get to this point so it is going to take awhile to change.

Oh believe you me, there's more than one time that I feel damn damn shitty about myself. But then I come here and tlk to you ladies and I remember there are good people out there!

• Members

I don't like where my self esteem is

I am working on it and it has greatly improved

I wish I didn't shut down on people like I do or as we call it retreating into my cave

This has gotten better but will take more time to comlpetely handle...when I think it is better it happens again

I wish my patience was better I lose it way too easy

I am trying to step back some before I flip but find it difficult

I dont' like how I become a doormat for people and I drop everything for them and hurt myself in the end

This has gotten better but am still working on it. I have come to realize and moved on from some friendships as I have come to realize that when I am not jumping for them and doing all for them....then they dont' have time for me or tell me that I have changed and they dont' like the person that I have become.

I tend to trust too easy sometimes/other times I have a lot of trouble trusting depends ont he situation

I wish I wouldn't as it has hurt me a lot in the past. I also wish I could have an easier time trusting certain people in my life as I know they won't intentionally hurt me

• Members

I'm overweight. I need to get back to the gym.

I'm too sensitive. I need to stop taking things so personally.

My self esteem and confidence goes up and down. I need to believe in myself more.

• Members

I'm unmotivated..i need to re-think priorities and become better organized

I'm disorganized...i need to..wait..........just kidding

I have self esteem issues......i need to appreciate my unique characteristics and personality and not be so critical of myself

I seem to be a 1/2 empty person...i need to remember all the good things that i have in this life and focus on the people i love and care about

I have security issues...i wish i were a little more trusting in others and not be so critical of everyone's motivations

• Members

I like myself. And the more I see of women out there on the street, I really like myself even more.

• Members
I like myself. And the more I see of women out there on the street, I really like myself even more.

I with you Aiden....

I like myself for all I have and don't have..... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Members

This is a tricky one....

I hate my temper....I have bipolar disorder, and I know that there are things that I can can do to make it better such as exercise, keeping busy, and trying to get into hobbies, but some days getting off the couch takes too much effort. I have to make it a priority.

I hate my weight...mostly because I know I am capable of losing weight, I'm just too lazy to actually accomplish it.

I fight a daily battle against my inner slob....most days I win, but it would be really nice not to have to work so hard at it.

I'm needy. I'm sure I drive my husband crazy, I'm always calling, texting, and generally driving him crazy. I used to be very indepentent. I need to get back to that.

ummmm I'm sure there are more, but I think that's enough for now.

• Members
Sorry sun but I figure if we can name our good points we should also look at our bad ones and how to change them. I should have opened with my own but I figured I'd let that ride until I saw at least one person answer and fess up!

One of my major pissers is the fact that this PTSD thing seems to be whipping my ass and I am not one to lay down for that shit.

Another is my hair triggered temper. :( Hey Pappy There was this guy at work (Navy SEAL,Korean War in country). When he got out he had 6 months Mandatory Anger Management classes he had to go thru. And after the past 50 years he still has anger problems. Twice I did something incredibly stupid and this guy went so ballistic on me I thot he was gonna kill me. He always stopped short of hitting me but I was so freakin scared I almost pissed myself. It sounds like maybe you're a combat vet too. The way he seemed to deal with it was 1) I think his wife gave him alot of strength just being there for him. 2) He was our chief mechanic and the Boss would let him work by himself most of the time (or with another old grouch-my foreman-and they were both the same age). And 3) like I sed he stopped just short of clobbering me. Anger management classes might help you out. Or you could do what I did. I almost lost my job 3 years ago due to anger issues I had at the time. I went to an MD (not a shrink) and gave him the short version of why I thot I was so screwed up in the head. He put me on anti depression meds. ( I found out a little later my family on my Dads side had depression problems.)The Wellbutrin 50 mg. twice a day made me much calmer in stressful situations when I had a tendency to go off on people. I was able to bottle it up inside and vent later (or have a couple beers)somewhere else or just get past it and forget it. Up until about a month ago I was on Zoloft 100mg daily. My job had me around the public a little too much and around crybaby politically correct democrats WAY too much. For me brain drugs only got me so far. I really don't want to put all my cards on the table here but if you have med bennies available to you you might want to look into it. Beating the shit out of people (even crybaby demos) just isn't an option these days. Hope this helps you some. peace bro- 12G

• Members

I want to be in shape again but need to but in the effort to get there.

My biggest one is that I need to ask for help when I need it. My 5 yr old has a type of autism and I'm afraid to let others help me with him because I don't think they would ever come back. And I have no idea how to get over this one.

• Members

tinkermom.....there are so many people out there that love workingn with autistic kids. Just give it a try and if they don't come back they don't. But don't give up. Hell there are even people on this board that I know of that like working with autistic kids....

• Members

12GAUGE I see a lot of myself in what you say about your co-worker! I have tried the meds but they were a pain in the hemmrhoid. Tried 4 different ones even had two at the same time (Prozac and Seroquel) but they don't do shit for me. Almost lost my gf over the Prozac and that temper. I guess it's about the same as the pain pills and muscle relaxers that never have worked either. Just my opinion here but anger management and all that therapy is a joke.(Sorry iha)! The ones I have talked with were fresh out of school and knew nothing about real life. The beer works better than any of their pills ever did and in order to force myself to go outside I moved my refrigerator out on the front porch so that I have to go out. May sound stupid to some people but it works for me.

• Members

12GAUGE I see a lot of myself in what you say about your co-worker! I have tried the meds but they were a pain in the hemmrhoid. Tried 4 different ones even had two at the same time (Prozac and Seroquel) but they don't do shit for me. Almost lost my gf over the Prozac and that temper. I guess it's about the same as the pain pills and muscle relaxers that never have worked either. Just my opinion here but anger management and all that therapy is a joke.(Sorry iha)! The ones I have talked with were fresh out of school and knew nothing about real life. The beer works better than any of their pills ever did and in order to force myself to go outside I moved my refrigerator out on the front porch so that I have to go out. May sound stupid to some people but it works for me. :huh: Hey Pappy Well it sounds like you're a combat vet like Dennis. When he was a SEAL all he was issued was a garrote and bayonet/killing knife. We would talk kind of alot or rather he would tell me things he had done to the enemy that you could see in his eyes and the sound of his voice still tore at his guts after 50 years. I was in USAF 73-75. I never went to 'Nam or overseas. Never had any combat time. I used to play alot of combat pc games like Medal of Honor,Delta Force,WWII Sniper,Rainbow6. Can't now cuz my PC crashes /freezes up(I don't know why). Den used to would say I was a violent guy which actually was/is exact opposite of who I really am. Because I was never in a kill or be killed situation I have never pried into a combat vets head cuz I am just not qualified to go there. From time to time thruout my life I wished I had been 'in country' cuz then when I was in trouble at work for my mouth I could lean on that as an excuse for why I am an asshole/not courteous with folks. I am off my meds now since I lost my job of 10 years due to my mouth aimed at one crybaby pc demo too many. The lady I had the incident with lied on the complaint she put in against me. In the past my boss gave me a chance to give my side of the story. Not this time. I got shit canned. First time in my adult life that ever happened. It has really fucked my head up. And now I have just told the world. oh well may be that it will work out to my advantage but right now I just don't see it. :( But like I sed I have sum issues w/some people. Like when I'm trying to fix some dudes water or electric and they are in your face or in your work area pestering me,wanting to talk (maybe they r lonely) who the fuck knows. The thing is what they don't understand I am there 2 put in the fix. Me-not them. If they coulda done it they woulda already. they couldn't.they didn't. But I am so leave me the fuck alone and it will get fixed the Right Way not the lame ass way they woulda done it. I probably got ratted out 1/2 dozenn times with these conditions alone. Used 2 be I would be on a waterleak maybe up to my knees in freezing ass cold H20 and they wanna talk and in my calmest nicest way considering the strain I was under to walk 100 feet in any direction AND STAY THERE!!! Sometimes it worked sometimes not. When I was lucky I wood have my foreman w/me. I wood pass Mr knowitall off 2 my foreman and ignore the dum motherfucker while I am trying to clamp off this freakin leak. Thats what we LIVE FOR...stopping the leak. After that the stress is gone unless we got a hot splice cuz member is living there in which case we restore their H20 B4 we go home. Usually I wood get a beer( Fosters 24oz) crank up the heat and cop a buzz and chill out on drive home. Between that and breaking up w/my lady (she dumped me) I put on 30#. I had to buy a buncha pairs of new work jeans cuz none of my pants wood button up no more. Now get this Pappy I did jouneyman quality work and expected to hold the hands of these buttfuck yuppies for the incredibly high wages of.....drumroll please.....$10.56 an hour. Thats rite I was laughing ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK I WAS.....N O T... :angry: I lost my 86 hours of vaca time too....I've done some research on wages lately and maintenance guys make from $13-14 to $18 an hour for what I was doing. PLUS the LAST 3 YEARS OR SO they've been chipping away at our bennies...they used to b pretty good....B4 I left they SUCKED SO BAD ALL I WOULD USE WAS MY VACA TIME :D . The ONLY good thing about all this was I had an IRA for 9 years w/$16K in it. I cashed it out. Today I paid off my mortgage on my house in a lump sum. It was less than I thot it wood be so I got more to live off till I score a new gig. I might try 2 sign up 4 unnies/ sometimes fired people get unnies. I got a couple of legit bitches against this outfit. On a more positive note after 10 years for this joint I GOT A SHIT LOAD OF TOOLS-ALL HANDYMAN RELATED-WATER REPAIR/ELECTRIC REPAIR AND GENERAL PURPOSE TOOLS. I KIN OPERATE A CASE 580L BACKHOE/FORD 4610 TRACTOR WITH BLADE AND AM PRETTY GOOD W/A DUMPTRUCK. I used to LUV operating....you know Pappy it took me 2 weeks to get my hands almost lily white clean. Well Pappy theres a niteclub I been awantin to check out for 3 years now. I think I might hed up there w/in the hour. Its a swingin'dick place w/DJs playing 80s rock/new wave/punk/goth/industrial tuneage....music has ALWAYS been a good drug 4 me 2 be on. Babes galore here too-its in a college town 25 miles from my 10-20. ANYWHO I GOTTA GO TANGO... :D PEACE BRO 12G B)

• Members

If you were fired then you should have no trouble getting unenjoyment. Hell they may even have a job listing there in the office. You may have to watch a film or two but it's better than cutting into that rainy day fund. I know my investments have carried us through a lot in the last few years. I only have to worry about the utilities, my attorney, and our day to day stuff. Did your mortgage company get pissed when you paid your house off? I know mine tried to cop an attitude when I was stepping up my payments so I just paid the whole thing off.

How was your trip to the bar?