Official Community Forums Home

You Would Too!

shyla

• Members

UgHHHHHHH! with the economy as is i am very thankful i have a job but getting attitude and dirty looks when i'm not pleased about being mandated (my 12 hr shift forced into becoming 16 hr shift) after already having worked several 12 hr shifts in a row is bullshit. Oh yes please let my pull 16 hrs on 4 hrs sleep! oh please pick me!!! not. hey ya do what ya have to. I'll do it without complaint (most of the time) but don't expect me to smile and acted really happy.

<_<

thanks for listening

shy

• Members
UgHHHHHHH! with the economy as is i am very thankful i have a job but getting attitude and dirty looks when i'm not pleased about being mandated (my 12 hr shift forced into becoming 16 hr shift) after already having worked several 12 hr shifts in a row is bullshit. Oh yes please let my pull 16 hrs on 4 hrs sleep! oh please pick me!!! not. hey ya do what ya have to. I'll do it without complaint (most of the time) but don't expect me to smile and acted really happy.

<_<

thanks for listening

shy

Oh man hun, on the positive, your hours aren;t being cut. But 16 hours is just stupid. I think 12s are dumb. I'm sorry your going thourgh this hun, but like all things,m this too shall pass.

• Members

I see it this way:

They must find you highly dependable and competent if you are asked to work so many hours, right?

I know you are tired and it is a bummer,

and I am so sorry about that.

Vent when you want, we're here when you need us.

On the plus side: get yourself a little treat with that extra nice paycheck!

• Members

<_<

thanks for listening

shy

16hr shift! That's a long day. Is that even legal?

I know it's no consolation; but remember that you're there because you choose to be there.

• Members

<_<

thanks for listening

shy

Needing people to work 16 hrs a day is poor planning and poor management. Your employer is asking for mistakes, accidents and poor work performance. From a management point of view, this is just stupid.

Needing people to work 16 hrs a day is poor planning and poor management. Your employer is asking for mistakes, accidents and poor work performance. From a management point of view, this is just stupid.

I TOTALLY agree with this. I would suggest that you look up local/federal labor laws. I don't know if that is even legal, schedulling you that amount of time. Now, if you volunteer for it, that's one thing.....I would think that the Federal Safety Committee (if there is such an entity) or OSHA would be giving out fines or something........

• Members

I have to follow Sunday on this one! Anything after 12 is just counter-productive. In the oilfield 16 hour rig-ups were common, many moons ago, working by headlights. And when a blowout happens this is common. Mostly because it HAS TO BE DONE!

• Members

I agree with Sunday. Also this kind of counterproductive planning will, with out question lead to early burn out and poor employee morale, which leads to a host of other problems.

• Members
thanks to all for listening. hopefully healthcare will get more funding revamped!!!!!!

If you are a nurse, resident, or other kind of professional health care worker that is hospital based, there are regulations that are sometimes not known or may be misinterpreted. Some are state mandated, some are federal. If you care, do your research.

• Members

<_<

thanks for listening

shy

Yeah that sucks... try working in the IT field... My normal day is ~7:30am - 5:30pm... sometimes I even get to take an hour for lunch... not uncommon to still be there at 7:30pm........we are expected to work several hours on the weekend whenever something needs done that can't be done during "business hours" - READ AS ANYTIME BETWEEN MONDAY & FRIDAY.... Oh, and did I mention that I'm sallary exempt which means I don't even get an "atta boy" or a "thank you"... just more opportunity to be expected to work more unpaid overtime..... nothing like 10-20 hours of unpaid overtime every week to build the morale!