Official Community Forums Home

The Flip Side: What Is Something You Simply Can't Tolerate In A Relationship?

• Members

We all make compromises sure but in a fresh relationship is there something that makes you go... um yeah this isn't going to work...? For some it is clingyness others maybe control issues. What's yours?

For me I have to say, being a jealous person I need my SO to be sensitive. If he is checking out other women or talking about the attractiveness of other women to me. No way... I can't deal with that crap!

So insensitivity is one. Arrogance is another, grrrrr, boy do I hate that!

• Members
We all make compromises sure but in a fresh relationship is there something that makes you go... um yeah this isn't going to work...? For some it is clingyness others maybe control issues. What's yours?

For me I have to say, being a jealous person I need my SO to be sensitive. If he is checking out other women or talking about the attractiveness of other women to me. No way... I can't deal with that crap!

So insensitivity is one. Arrogance is another, grrrrr, boy do I hate that!

The checking out other women doesn't even bother me. If fact he jokes about how most women would be very jealous, but because I am confident in what is between us it doesn't bother me. For instance he went to a company thing and called me to tell me about the two beautiful women that were there and the chest on one. Didn't bother me in the least and I know he is the same with me.

For me it is not being open and honest from the beginning. I hate being lied to. That is the all time worst. I have been there and won't be there again or at least they won't be in my life if they do it.

• Members

Clinginess and jealousy. Absolutely can't stand it. I appreciate the human form, so when I see something I like I tend to comment... it doesn't mean I want to jump them, and I expect my partner to realize that there's a difference. You can look without wanting to touch. I also like to have some alone time, so I don't like to feel like my SO needs me to be there for them all the time... I want to feel wanted, not needed.

• Members

lying and cheating I would rather the person tells me they want to see other people than to cheat on me. just tell me the truth don't lie.

• Members

Cheating. lying or aggression. I have been there done that with an abusive partner, and I would never, ever be with someone who didn't value me enough to treat me like I deserve to be treated: with honesty and faitfullness...

• Members

Lying, cheating, and abuse of ANY kind.

If other women or men for that matter want to check out my hubby, I don't care...he's a good looking man with a great ass!! He's coming home with me..so look all you want

• Members
Shiftiness.

Is that like Shadyness? LOL

• Members

Most of my own are already out here so I'll just add to the list. Conniving, 2-faced troublemakers!

• Members
Most of my own are already out here so I'll just add to the list. Conniving, 2-faced troublemakers!

don't you just love people who get their rocks off getting a "rise" out of other ppl :P

• Review Team

I cannot deal with people who are selfish and self-centered no matter what kind of relationship it is.

• Members

I despise a woman that tries to create drama no matter where they are or who's around. And the ones that think when it gets really heated that I should handle it. I walk away and leave them to clean up their own bullshit! Some women have some crazy notion that men should fight over them. Not worth the time spent to get dressed up to take her out!!!!!!!!

• Members
Is that like Shadyness? LOL

Yup. Cause it's not so much that they are lying, cause 90% of the time they are, they just always seem to be up to something, ya know? Dodging simple questions and such when really if they said "well I stopped at the grocery store" instead of "i went places" we'd have no issues.

• Members

Controlling. Been there, done that, got the tshirt, and gave the tour. Not gonna happen again.

Dishonesty. ANYWHERE in the relationship. If I can't trust him on the little stuff, I won't trust him on the big stuff.

Name calling. I will NOT be called names. Bitch, cunt, whatever. That WON'T fly.

Lack of patience. I get VERY emotional VERY quickly. My SO HAS to understand that.

Won't admit being at fault. He HAS to say when he's been wrong. No twisting my words. I'm sick of that from past relationships.

• Members

Any woman you have to run through a car wash before you have sex with her is a big NO on my list.

Other than that I'm good with about anything.

• Members
Any woman you have to run through a car wash before you have sex with her is a big NO on my list.

Other than that I'm good with about anything.

I don't understand? Do you a women you need to wine and dine before she'll go to bed with you??

• Members
I think he literally means she's dirty, and not in the fun way?

Literal, huh. Not what I expected from Sunday :)

• Members
Literal, huh. Not what I expected from Sunday :)

I don't know what time of the night I posted that. I was up with the puppy. Please don't hold me responsible for what I say in the middle of the night while I'm waiting for her to settle down and go back to sleep.

I think I meant I'm open to about anything.

• Members
I don't know what time of the night I posted that. I was up with the puppy. Please don't hold me responsible for what I say in the middle of the night while I'm waiting for her to settle down and go back to sleep.

Except a nasty filthy gross girl right? LOL

• Members
Except a nasty filthy gross girl right? LOL

Yeah, that's it. :D

BTW I tried to add a picture of my new puppy to my last message and it shows up as some text. When I click on the text I get a message that I don't have permission to use this feature. What's that all about??

• Members
Yeah, that's it. :D

BTW I tried to add a picture of my new puppy to my last message and it shows up as some text. When I click on the text I get a message that I don't have permission to use this feature. What's that all about??

I know I tried it too.... try adding it to your gallery then posting it here...

• Members

OKay; but middle of the night post could prove to be very enlightening :)