Official Community Forums Home

New Forum Layout

harmanwk

• Members

The new layout is nice and well, perky. Nice job guys.

BUT, I do have two issues:

1) I miss having the newest entries under each topic. Now I have to look at each topic to see if there is a new post. This is too time consuming. Let me know if there is a different way.

2) The only place I have found to login is at the bottom of the page. If there is one at the top of the page, I would like to know.

Not being critical, but just trying to make the forum easier to use.

• Like 1

• Members

Yes, there's less scrolling and checking. You just hit the "view new content button" and it shows you all the new posts in each section. So it is almost essentially the same thing. Plus I do love that when you click on a topic under the view new content button, it immediately puts you in place of the last part you left off on, the last comment. new to get used to but some new features, effin cool.

• Members

Thanks,

I have an answer to both issues. For some reason I thought the View New Content was associated with the RSS feed icon on its right. I also found the answer to my login issue. When you enter the forum, a bar is added to the bottom of the window (I only found the one at the bottom of the page).

OK, new forum ... so far so good.

• Members

Yes is seems to be an option that you have to subscribe to if you want to see the recent post.

This new layout is taking some getting used to for me too.

Well I for one thinks the new layout sucks!!

Used to be I could see how many posts I had. Something like 600-800 all told. I think. But I reckon there's no way to know for sure now is there?? My join date was listed as well; way back in May or June of 2005 (I think, tho of course I am not sure since I can't find that either.)

There used to be a rank system in place depending on your total posts. I had worked my way up to 'Student'. That was ok I guess since life is a learning experience anyway and I learn 1 or 2 things a week (in a slow week.)

No sir I don't like the 'new look' one bit. The old setup worked just fine. Instead TT had to 'fix it??' Kinda fixed it like the current US Government fixes things. America could do ALOT BETTER with fewer people fixing what ain't broke. Or just throw out 99.6% of the rat bastards and start over and fix America the RIGHT WAY!!

Hells bells I may as well wander over to opencarry.org. I wonder what's broken over there?

• Members

Used to be I could see how many posts I had. Something like 600-800 all told. I think. But I reckon there's no way to know for sure now is there?? My join date was listed as well; way back in May or June of 2005 (I think, tho of course I am not sure since I can't find that either.)

There used to be a rank system in place depending on your total posts. I had worked my way up to 'Student'. That was ok I guess since life is a learning experience anyway and I learn 1 or 2 things a week (in a slow week.)

No sir I don't like the 'new look' one bit. The old setup worked just fine. Instead TT had to 'fix it??' Kinda fixed it like the current US Government fixes things. America could do ALOT BETTER with fewer people fixing what ain't broke. Or just throw out 99.6% of the rat bastards and start over and fix America the RIGHT WAY!!

Hells bells I may as well wander over to opencarry.org. I wonder what's broken over there?

Ah where are you looking. I see your join date and how many posts you have on your profile to the left near the bottom and also on each of your posts below your avatar. You joined June 18, 2005 and have 783 posts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion for one I like the setup. The ranks are still there as well. It has you listed as Protege again right below your avatar.

• Members

There are 2 options you can have for viewing the forum. The first is "TooTimid C" with is cartoon like, for a lack of a different description. The second "IP.Board" is a more standard type set up. the first option will not allow you to see your # of posts however the second is more like the old one, but better, and it will allow you to view much of the same info that you are use to. To change your view, go to the bottom, left hand side, of the page and you'll see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.

And I do love the new fast reply option.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. It's just gonna take some getting use to is all. Sorry 12, everything changes, in one form or another. Unfortunately, you can never please EVERYONE ALL of the time. Change is GOOD most of the time though. Just think of it this way, gives you a new thing to learn. If you learn at least one new thing a day, IMO, your day hasn't been wasted! :)

Thanks for the honesty! : )

I will look at getting the profile info to show next to the posts.

Keep the feedback coming, I love it!

Rob

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Rob

Since today is my birthday I thought I would come on TT to see my Happy Birthday Greeting. But alas with the recent changes TT has made I guess the birthday greetings have gone the route of the Pony Express, long forgotten. :(

• Members

Since today is my birthday I thought I would come on TT to see my Happy Birthday Greeting. But alas with the recent changes TT has made I guess the birthday greetings have gone the route of the Pony Express, long forgotten. :(

Happy Birthday!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Rob

I have to agree that this new layout isn't good for an old mans eyes! And not being able to glimpse the new posts in every topic sucks!

I found the older style layout after a little configuration, but still want to know what happened to the PM fuction?

Edited by pappyld04

• Members

I have to agree that this new layout isn't good for an old mans eyes! And not being able to glimpse the new posts in every topic sucks!

I found the older style layout after a little configuration, but still want to know what happened to the PM fuction?

Pappy, go to the bottom left of your screen and switch it to IP.Board I think you'll like that better.