Official Community Forums Home

Have You Or Would You Give A Sex Toy To A Friend?

Tyger

JUST a friend, not lover.....As a gift?

I have, and they LOVED it. Of course, it was a female friend of mine, who, after a bit of shy discussion, had admitted that her BF didn't stimulate her clit enough, and she wanted to make it a bit more fun.

• Members

I've only given a few to my really, really close gfs. (never tried giving one to a guy, unless you count condoms) Some of them loved it, some just brushed aside the question when ever I ask about them later.

Among those who brushed it aside, some just told me they don't need toys or they think toys are immoral. Well, your lost. Although there was one really, really shy gf who finally opened up and told us she enjoyed it immensly after a few of us kept nagging her for her opinion on the toy...lol

Among those who loved it, we sometime share our thoughts and experience with it, and they gave me other toys as gifts in return. It's a great way to learn about toys that others have tried, and sometimes even learn new ways to use existing toys lol... and when the subject is opened... (I think you girls will agree) most guys would probably turn white knowing what we talk about and what are the things inside the house that we use to keep ourselves happy lol

• Members

:D I have done it. In fact this is going to sound a little strange. Most of you know that I have a x-brother in law who I love dearly in prison. WEll his mother and I are great friends and have been for over 17years. She of course is old enough to be my mother, well she got a surprise in her mail one day. B) I happened to have sent her a box with a bullet in it, with a note that said, " I know we have talked about it and so I firgued this is a way for you to start."

I recieved a phone call from her when she got her package, we laughed and talked, she loved it. To this day she still loves it. So it just goes to show you know matter how old you are you are never to old for toys.

• Members

Oh I have....to both men and women! Some of my gf really need help - so I have gotten them toys. My mother in law was having "sexual issues" so I got her some cream and a bullet, of course my hubby gets toys all the time!

Why not, it is the gift of pleasure!!

Mikayla

• Members

I am with Mikyala on this one, I have to almost every single one of my friends. Good friends, not just some guys you know from around the way.

In fact, most of us have a tradition we call "the Crate". It goes back to High School when we as adolsecents talked about all the goofy things you need on a wedding night for sex. Everything from BBQ sauce(you never know, you might like it) to whip cream, to Gatorade and Power bars (for energy and stamina!!). Well as I got older and better educated in the matters of sex, I thought, hey, everyone needs something. I would often include some lube, good lube, not the flavored sticky gunk, but good old Astrogide mostly, a bullet or small slimline vibe, and some fun novelty Items. Now, I have ordered and given as gifts some items that I had the fun of reviewing and loved. Ones that I thought might meet the needs of what friends would open up about and say, we are having issues with this or that. So, I would suggest something and if they were just to shy to give it a shot, I might get one for them. So, sure, I would get a sex toy for a friend. If it's a girl and she knows us well, my wife would give it to her, and for guys, I do the honors.

I don't belive in karma per se, but if it's out there, it paid me back in Spades! I just had a friend give me his brand new, hand stitched leather sex swing.

LOL You made me laught Mike_d cuz, here I am in TEXAS, and the BBQ sauce made me think "how appropriate for this area!!" :lol:

We also send a male masturbator as a semi-joke to a friend of ours. He'd complained that his pregnant GF hadn't wanted to have sex. Let me add quickly that he's a dog, and cheats on pretty much everyone he's with. Well, he told us he wanted to try to be monogomous with the mother of his first-born. So we sent him that, along with a BIG note on the top that the gift should probably be opened in private, or infront of his GF. Well, his GF put it under the tree, and all her family came over, and pushed him to open it. He told them that his friends wouldn't have put that note on his present if they didn't mean it. But they forced the issue, so he did. Out comes this male cyber-skin masturbator, shaped like a woman's mouth, fairly good sized, and oh, so deliciously obvious what it was for!!!! :lol::P I guess there were gasps and whatnot, and all he said was "I told you to believe them".

We found out that his GF got offended and threw it away before he even got to use it!! I was soooooo mad, cuz it was fairly expensive (almost $50). :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
:D I have done it. In fact this is going to sound a little strange. Most of you know that I have a x-brother in law who I love dearly in prison. WEll his mother and I are great friends and have been for over 17years. She of course is old enough to be my mother, well she got a surprise in her mail one day. B) I happened to have sent her a box with a bullet in it, with a note that said, " I know we have talked about it and so I firgued this is a way for you to start."

I recieved a phone call from her when she got her package, we laughed and talked, she loved it. To this day she still loves it. So it just goes to show you know matter how old you are you are never to old for toys.

Your last sentence there is so true! That's why I'm here!!!

• Review Team

ive given away a few, and since ive been reviewing toys ive been recommending them a whole lot more. i think if someone gets a toy that works from a good friend, theyre more likely to try it. It can be awkward trying toys for the first time, and a direct recommendation is great to hear first. Especially with toys like Fun Factory vibes, a non intimidating wrapper can make a toy's first impression great, as well as make the overall experience, well, fun!

JUST a friend, not lover.....As a gift?

I have, and they LOVED it. Of course, it was a female friend of mine, who, after a bit of shy discussion, had admitted that her BF didn't stimulate her clit enough, and she wanted to make it a bit more fun.

How funny this should be a topic. My very best friend collect penguins, has at least a thousand different penguin-type things, and I found penguin vibrator for her for Christmas! She was mortified, BUT.. she didn't give it back!

• Members

After having a very frank sexual discussion with a friend I'd known for years, come to find out we are both a little freaky. She had an old-fashioned vibe. I'd bought a vibe that rotates and thrusts but after visual examination I decided it was too big for me so I gave it to her. She loves it and now wants anal stuff. Our relationship is on a whole other level now, very cool! I can't help her there as I don't explore, but I did point her to some sites she can check out to purchase her next toy.

• Members

If I had the money and if the situation arose, sure! *chuckle*

Right now, out of the very few friends I have, though, I can only think of one who I'd do so without either one of us being embarrassed about it.

I have one really close guy friend who I finally just told a couple months ago that I visit a sex talk/toy/education site! Someday, I'll get him something... *cackle*

Do I know this person, that you wouldn't be too embarrassed with sex toys exchages, Val? :P;):lol:

• Members

i know i am late on this topic but yes i would give and friend a toy, i bought 2 toys for chistmas one for my sister and i for my best friend and they both love them i bought my sister the double bullet and my my best freind the bath time bunny not only did they love the toys my best friend husband want to know where could he buy more :P

• Members

That seems to be a question I get alot too. I always have friends asking me where they can get toys and not feel like they are a perv for being seen a the local store. I tell them where I get mine and have shopped for some time. Right here at TT. My wife and I just gave her parents the Magic Bunny that was reviewed here by Niah(I think). No word on if they liked it, and I am not to sure I want to know either!!!

• Members
That seems to be a question I get alot too. I always have friends asking me where they can get toys and not feel like they are a perv for being seen a the local store. I tell them where I get mine and have shopped for some time. Right here at TT. My wife and I just gave her parents the Magic Bunny that was reviewed here by Niah(I think). No word on if they liked it, and I am not to sure I want to know either!!!

i dont think you want to know :unsure::o

• Members

Well, last year for their birthdays I got two good friends of mine vibrators in their favorite colors. One thought it was great, the other was mortified but didn't give it back. To the one who was happy with the gift, I also gave a copy of The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping With Chicks - this was recieved with curiousity and ill-concealed enthusiasm.

• Members

I am very open about sex toys, so yeah I would buy stuff like that for my friends. One year, my friend/roommate got me a gag toy. I never used it cause I don't like rough plastic toys. But I recently bought a G-spot vibrator for Christmas and I love it. I have been telling my best friend how much fun I've been having with it, but her boyfriend has this mentality that they don't NEED toys! I don't NEED toys, I just love using them to make things interesting. I personally think she'd like it.

• Members

yes i have and will again!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I did get a friend of mine a bullet one year as a gag for Christmas. She had been moping for 6 months about her ex-bf, and I thought a gift like that would startle her back out of her shell.....it worked!! Two weeks later, during a joking conversation about the gift, she told me that she was ready for the dating scene again!

If I had another friend in the same situation, I would definitely do it again.

I got to thinking about it, and so far, I've given 4 friends sex toys!! All within the last 6 years too.

One was that girl I first mentioned, one was a friend on here that I've known for years, one was a male friend who complained his VERY preggo GF at the time didn't feel like having sex (high risk pregnancy and everything, so he got a vibrating pocket pussy). and, the first one I ever gave one too was someone who I have known since I was 16, and had told her that for her 38th b-day she was going to get a vibrator, and she didn't believe me. I just got her a basic one, but in a rosey pink, which was one of her favorite colors.