Official Community Forums Home

What Nationality Is The Sexiest?

Mike_d

• Members

I think the guys have caught on to this because I noticed alot of "I'm irish" t-shirts being worn as of late as I been out and about shopping.

I have irish background, and I don't advertise and being married I guess I better not

Glenn

Now, in real life, this makes no difference to me--I have been attracted to people of so many nationalities I don't really think I even have a "type" I go for.

But oh my god, when there's a guy on TV or in a movie with an Irish accent, I practically have to leave the room. :lol: SO sexy!!

Then again, I even thought Spike from Buffy was sexy just because of his accent... So I guess Irish accents and *some* English accents really do it for me.

And I don't know how you would classify his accent, but the guy from The Mummy movie with the tattoos on his face had a different sort of look/accent about him and he was damn fine!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't really care for accents because I can't understand what the heck they're saying when they speak in English!! I don't mind watching a film in French or Spanish with some hot guys in it but that's about it.

If the guys or girls you posters like spoke in a different tone or weren't hot, then I don't think accent would matter because really it wouldn't turn you on. You must admit that it's true. Let's say aguy looked like Mini Me walked up to you and started to talk. Would you jump just because he sounds like Antonio Banderas (I'm sorry but even he is slightly ugly)?

• Members

:rolleyes: that's my point about the topic .

I don't really care for accents because I can't understand what the heck they're saying when they speak in English!! I don't mind watching a film in French or Spanish with some hot guys in it but that's about it.

If the guys or girls you posters like spoke in a different tone or weren't hot, then I don't think accent would matter because really it wouldn't turn you on. You must admit that it's true. Let's say aguy looked like Mini Me walked up to you and started to talk. Would you jump just because he sounds like Antonio Banderas (I'm sorry but even he is slightly ugly)?

• Members

Actually, different things can stimulate different people. An accent will absolutely turn my head and get my mind going. The same thing happens for me with women with red hair. Looks don't seem to matter that much because I get engrossed in the sound of her voice or that sexy flash of red. I've found myself longing for women who weren't much to look at otherwise but because of the red hair... Different people react differently to different stimulai.

Thurisas.

OMG Thurisas, I just dyed my hair a medium auburn color........redder than I normally am, that's for sure. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Val! :P;):lol::rolleyes:

• Members

Considering the length of our friendship and the fact that you think I'm not a sexual entity, Tyger, I'm pretty sure you're safe...oh yeah, and you're a couple thousand miles away. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me regarding Val...then, I think maybe posting that here was a bad idea if you didn't want her to know.

Thurisas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

well...

I have dated a man from Russia and the Czech Republic, a man from Germany, and right now a man from Iran, and gone on dates with two from canada (where Im from). I gotta say accents are super sexy but thats not something to base a potential relationship on. Its about what you feel notwhat ever your particular hangup is.

thank you

maidan

• Members
Now let's take Penelope Cruz for example, she has an "ethnic" look and an accent. Are people attracted to her looks or her accent or both?

BOTH - She's #1 on my list and I have no idea what her nationality is :ph34r:

• Members

Vicky, I have to disagree on the fact that looks play the major part for myself anyway. As you saw in my post Allanis Morrisette is a major one for me. Now she is not a perfect woman but her voice had me long before I knew her face. Janis Joplin is one of my all timers and we all know that she was no beauty queen. Please don't discount all of us men as being that shallow. The looks, brains also add to the voice but for myself the voice is normally the first to catch my attention. The rest is something else!!

• Members

Wow, I have no idea how I missed this post. Two pages in, whoa baby.

Lol

Even though english is my first language, being fluent in french I must say a french accent can do it for me.

so hot, speak to me in french, and it's on lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ooo nice, I'm glad this thread was revived.

I like them all. :|

Seriously though... apparently I go for dark hair and tan skin. I didn't really realize this about myself until I thought about the last few people I have been involved with, and who I typically am drawn to. Turkish, half Mexican, Korean... very different looks, but all lovely boys with dark hair and skin of a non-white variety. Mmm. Not that I would ever turn down an attractive caucasian either, but I guess I have a slight preference for the somewhat exotic?

• Members

I am a retired Command Sergeant Major and my military speciality carried me all over the world and i've been involved with many dfferent nationalites, races, creeds, colors, accents ect. I find many people sexy, several have been mentioned (Hugh Grant your STILL an idiot). I don't think theres any harm in asking such a question for fun: Howard lighten to hell up!Oh by the way what about Sean Connerly or Catherine Zeta Jones...............ya'lllllllllllllllllllllll

• Members

And yet...on the other hand, Howard, you SEEM to be trying to deny one of the very things that can help to break down walls. A thread like this one where many different people from many different backgrounds are saying that they find these many different people from many different backgrounds sexy, makes the whole post exactly the opposite from what you're claiming it to be. We are a race that identifies primarily with what we are used to, sometimes fear what is different, and sometimes we actually look at the foreign as exotic and attractive. That is what this post is about. We are attracted to what we are attracted to. I think I put down that I found women of asian origin very sexy and yet, here I am married to someone completely different. Was it because I detest the thought of marrying a woman of asian origin? Of course not, after all I've already said I was attracted to them in general...its because I found something I liked better on the inside of a completely different type of person who also attracted me physically as well. Your arguments, in my mind, hold no weight because people will still celebrate who they are and where they came from, and looks are one of the most outward indications of that history.

Randy.

I think I put down that I found women of asian origin very sexy and yet, here I am married to someone completely different.

*Trying to picture Val as oriental......* Nope, can't do it! LMAO MAYBE the long hair......

Let's not make this thread into something it isn't. It's suppose to be fun, not all "you're prejudice cuz you like people with accents/red hair/big boobs/blue eyes". It's all in good fun people.

• Members
I have been rejected by women I asked out because : I was not Catholic; I was not Jewish; and I was White, not Black! To all those women and anyone out there who thinks in those terms, I was not asking them to have my children! I was only asking them out on a date! Tose are the folks who need to " lighten up!"

Howard

Howard, for some people religion is a VERY, VERY serious and important part of their life and heritage - so to get the 'nitty gritty' out of the way in the beginning, before any feelings or emotions come into play, by asking a religious affiliation is just common sense. There are many Jewish people who would be disowned if they married ANY ONE but a Jewish person. Sex in the City comes to mind - when Charlotte converted to marry her lover. To say that people such as this need to but their core beliefs to the side and 'lighten up' is simply ridiculous and demonstrates a lack of understanding for THEIR affiliations.

The same goes for some people and race. While I personally DO NOT believe in dating within only one race - I do know that there are many people who are simply taught to only date 'within their own kind' and any variation of this becomes a point of great argument. It probably has less to do with your perception of why they make that distinction, and more to do with deep seeded reasons.

Plus, I am not sure you (or anyone) an ever really assume that the reason we have been turned down is because of our race, creed, color or religious affiliation - sometimes it has only to do with US.

Oh, and as a blonde haired, blue eyed, white member of this forum, when you wrote:

"non-white, Non-blonde haired, blue-eyed, readers will still feel comfortable joining this forum." - I thought to myself, 'gee, I fit in that category, but sometimes even I do not want to be in this forum, due to some of the mean spirited, rude and generally unappealing posts that have been on here.

• Members

Howard I AM your age and I too still remember the days you speak of, but I just thing you are reading WAY to much into this topic. I haven't read or even thought that anyone was was putting down any, race, creed, color, ect. I think it was just a light hearted question like which do you prefer blondes or redheads. You sound like you are taking this way tooooo serious and trying to make to much out of it, and besides my friend how we ever move past the point your trying to make if we can't even talk about it in open honest conversation. I don't think anyone should feel hurt for stating teir true feelings if we never talk about things and are subjected different veiw points we as humans will NEVER overcome our differences. Sorry for rambling on Howard and everyone, please Mikayla, Howard and all stop feeling UNWANTED for we are ALL NEEDED to change this world we live in. Oh ye'll Howard lighten up my friend, by the way I'm 6' 2" blonde and hazel eyed at about 220/5 lbs.

• Members

Don't you worry Chuck, I am not going anywhere.....

I do agree, however, and support you in your assessment that Howard has way overreacted to this lighthearted and fun post.

We will now resume things as they should be, and try to just keep this post FUN!

• Members

*delete*

• Members

A relevant post! ;)

• Members
And yet...on the other hand, Howard, you SEEM to be trying to deny one of the very things that can help to break down walls. A thread like this one where many different people from many different backgrounds are saying that they find these many different people from many different backgrounds sexy, makes the whole post exactly the opposite from what you're claiming it to be. We are a race that identifies primarily with what we are used to, sometimes fear what is different, and sometimes we actually look at the foreign as exotic and attractive. That is what this post is about. We are attracted to what we are attracted to. I think I put down that I found women of asian origin very sexy and yet, here I am married to someone completely different. Was it because I detest the thought of marrying a woman of asian origin? Of course not, after all I've already said I was attracted to them in general...its because I found something I liked better on the inside of a completely different type of person who also attracted me physically as well. Your arguments, in my mind, hold no weight because people will still celebrate who they are and where they came from, and looks are one of the most outward indications of that history.

Randy.

Great post, I couldn't agree more!

• Members

I have just recieved a pm from Howard who thought he might have offended me by his comments (in fact another member told him so), nothing could have been futher from the truth. I have never been offended by any one's comments. I have spent tooo many days, in places I don't want to talk about, defending OUR rights to comment on the topics dicussed here and other places. You never have to worry about offending me, my skins pretty thick, and if you ruffle my feathers I will tell you!

I don't want ANY ONE to feel their comments are not waelcomed or they are NOT wanted we need everyone to make this crazy world go around. Smile have a Great day. Lighten up and enjoy this board. Chuck

• Members

*Turns head and coughs Asian* I've always kinda had a fond feeling about them! I don't know why I guess. ;)