Official Community Forums Home

*waves* Hello

catjones08

Hi, my name is Catherine...I'm 21 years old, a senior in college and extremely nervous about being on this website! I'm attempting to move on from a "friends with benefits" situation (It's complicated) and gain an awareness of my body. The friend/sexual partner was my first and only partner and I've never pleasured myself...I've tried, but it hasn't worked.

I actually just purchased my first vibrator (hasn't arrived yet) and am on here at the advice of my therapist. lol

P.S: I've also stuggled with an eating disorder which plays a pretty big role in my body/sexual discomfort. I would love to hear if anyone else is in this situation.

Anyway, hello...

• Members
Hi, my name is Catherine...I'm 21 years old, a senior in college and extremely nervous about being on this website! I'm attempting to move on from a "friends with benefits" situation (It's complicated) and gain an awareness of my body. The friend/sexual partner was my first and only partner and I've never pleasured myself...I've tried, but it hasn't worked.

I actually just purchased my first vibrator (hasn't arrived yet) and am on here at the advice of my therapist. lol

P.S: I've also stuggled with an eating disorder which plays a pretty big role in my body/sexual discomfort. I would love to hear if anyone else is in this situation.

Anyway, hello...

HI you sound so much like me it is almost weird to see your post.

WELCOME

I too have body image trouble and have had eating disorder troubles.

I go to both ends of the spectrum real thin to real Fat

I'd love to talk to you more..just give me a hollar...

SHYPUPPY

• Members

Welcome to the site and please, don't be nervous. There are many people here who will help you with any questions you have in a respectful manner. Feel free to post often, and remember you're here to help teach as well as to learn. I suggest you start checking out the sex education tab just below the TooTimid banner at the top of this page.

Good luck and welcome.

Thurisas.

• Members

Welcome Cat! Don't be nervous here. We all try to be very open, honest and supportive here! There's really a great community of mixed personalities on the board ;)

On a side note, I have had several roomates with eating disorders. Its amazing to me how so many women can hide this so well. The hardest situation for me was actually when I lived with one who had just gotten out of a program for anorexia. It was really hard to see her struggle through fighting back for the strength to not need that crutch. I hope you are getting help for this, be it a program, something to boost your self esteem, etc. Learn to get comfortable with your body every day. It takes time. Happy browsing here and ask away if you have any questions!

• Members

Hi CatJ,

welcome to the forum, I was really nervous when I first posted too, I still am a little I guess, but people here are really welcoming so read around and join in the fun, looking forward to seeing you post again.

And isnt it weird how our bodies are the most natural things in the world, but somehow we end up feeling so self-concious about them? Here is probably a good place to start understanding that your body is totally natural and so nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

Calvin

• Members

Welcome CatJ! As you may notice this is a board that is truly concerned with helping others. Not everyone will agree on every subject but that is to be expected. We were all raised in different places by different parents and role models. That is one of the best things about this area. You take what you like and give where you can. The only thing we knowabout you is what you tell us so anonymity is as secure as you let it be. And I really don't think anyone here would run about saying things to others about another in here even if they did know you. There are people who are very easily identifiable if you sought to find it but I haven't seen that happen. I would like to point out that things have been known to appear different than they were intended so if you feel offended please be honest and state this and it will be cleared up immediately if not sooner. I read something a while back that said that things read at the other end of a connection has a good chance of appearing different than the intent of the person who posted it. Please keep this in mind if something raises your ire here. It more than likely was not intended to. I hope you enjoy your time here and pitch in wherever you feel you can assist!!!

• Members

Welcome

Welcome welcome!! I hope you enjoy this site! Just keep in mind that we can't "see" you in person, so you are fairly anonymous here, meaning we only know you by what we read. So feel free to ask questions, for we don't think people asking questions that may sound silly to you, as silly. The only foolish question is the unasked question! Welcome again!