Official Community Forums Home

Wtf Is Wrong With People?

whiskeywoman

• Members

I was leaving to go do laundry and errands this morning, when I noticed something reddish laying in my yard.

I looked closer and thought, "Is that one of my roosters?!"

So I parked the truck, got out and started walking closer to it, indeed it was "Rusty" the rooster.

So I went int and grabbed a bag, because he was laying on the side of the road, I figured he got nailed by a car.

It wasnt until I picked him up that I noticed his head was severed closely to the breast.

Now keep in mind that I have had several hens killed by animals, I knwo the differance between a natural predator and

being decapitated.

So As I am clering away the carcass, I found his wing, also neatly sliced off and tossed aside into the yard.

There was not a drop of blood to be seen in the body or in the yard or the road, so I know they also bled him out.

WTF kind of sick asshole would come into my yard and torture and kill my animals?

It pisses me off to no end when ANY creature even an old rooster gets harmed in any way.

talk about sick people.

What REALLY gets me is that not only did they cut off his head, they also cut off BOTH of his wings, one was in the yard the other is gone, as is his head, that too was no where to be found.

It just gets my blood to boiling when I think about this.

What kind of people can live with themselves harming other creatures?

Sorry about the rant and stuff, i just had to vent...

• Members

whiskeywoman, I am so sorry to hear that! that is awful and needlessly cruel. My parents have chickens and so the chickens, at times, are like pets to my kids. They have some that are tame and the kids carry them around. I can't imagine why anyone would do such a thing.

I knew I liked you Whiskey! You're an animal lover!! I am sooo sorry that someone was that cruel to your rooster. Even though people don't think of chickens as "pets" or real animals (just egg-givers, and BBQ fixin's), but any sort of animal that belongs to someone is usually something that is loved in one form of another, and nobody has the right to maim, injure, or kill an animal intentionally just for the sake of being cruel. I am very sorry, and I hope you can find the missing one and it's ok.

• Members

OMG Whiskey I am sooo sorrry to hear. As you know I am a huge animal lover of all kinds. I pray none of the kidos say that. I don't know what people think sometimes. HUGS HUN!!! Sorry to hear, yep there are alot of sick people in this world and how the live with themselves I will never know.

Sooo Sorry to hear hun. ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

• Members

Oh my goodness! Why in the fuck would someone EVER DO THAT?!?!? poor baby <3 I am soooo sorry whiskeywoman, that someone would even do that, they must be really effed up in the head or a complete d-bag. I absolutely LOVE animals and cannot ever imagine doing that to anyone. I am sorry to hear it, I hope you find out who the bastard was.

<3 *hugs*

I had to laugh at the "mailbox on steriods". Many people down here have to do that as well, since many stupid kids do the mailbox baseball game here too. You see a lot of encased mailboxes in stone too. If kids are stupid enough to try and smash mailboxes, then, IMHO, they deserve to have their arms shattered. LOL

• Members

Our local postman is still on the lookout for our mailbox that was stolen from our house in the country. It was made with 2 old wagon wheels and an old plow and was very unique so when it was mentioned to him we did not even have to describe it. He knew exactly what we were talking about. One trend I've noticed here is to set 8" casing in a "T" fashion with concrete and the mailbox inside. VERY EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear about this! :(

One thing I wonder though... are there any practitioners of Santeria that you know of in your area? It could just be outright cruelty, but the fact that the rooster was bled out and the head was nowhere to be found makes me wonder if this isn't somehow related to either Santeria or a similar religion which practices animal sacrifice. Decapitation of poultry is a very common theme, and the blood is often used in the ritual.

• Members

Tyger,

Yeah you caught me, I am an animal lover.

I have no qualms about eating deer, elk, buffalo or antelope.

I won't hunt them personally, but I have no problems with others doing so.

Unless it is for sport, And the meat gets wasted, THEN I have a problem.

My roosters and hens were never like pets per say.

But I do feed them daily, and collect the eggs, make sure their housing is in good order etc etc.

I did turn the carcass over to the police, for evidence.

I don't think they were real happy about me just dropping a dead rooster on their desk, but I wanted them to understand that I am pissed.

It is cruel and unneccisary to do something like this to ANY creature.

I know it is probably lame to get pissed over someone killing a rooster, but it is the principal behind the whole thing.

The REALLY scary part of this whole thing?

Since most of the chickens have dissappeared, rusty, rita and elvis have been sleeping in the garage, I left it open the night before I found rusty.

It is very possible that the person or persons came into the garage and snuck him out.

and the door leading from the garage to the house was unlocked.

You can put money on the fact that from now on, that garage door will be closed and the back door will be locked.

Thanks for the hugs and the support guys, I really appreciate it.

Nymph,

I am counting on yalls coming out.

We will have some Jack and share our horror stories.

Then both of yalls will be laughing so hard youll be crying :D

• Members

Whiskey, that is just so sick. I also hope your kids didn't see poor Rusty in that condition. It will be hard enough on them that he is gone.

I hope whoever did this rots in whatever hell they have made for themselves.

• Members

I love the way you turned the remains over for investigation. Something like this may not have gotten much attention otherwise. I hope you catch up to the little fuckers!

• 7 months later...
  • Members
Tyger,

Yeah you caught me, I am an animal lover.

I have no qualms about eating deer, elk, buffalo or antelope.

I won't hunt them personally, but I have no problems with others doing so.

Unless it is for sport, And the meat gets wasted, THEN I have a problem.

My roosters and hens were never like pets per say.

But I do feed them daily, and collect the eggs, make sure their housing is in good order etc etc.

I did turn the carcass over to the police, for evidence.

I don't think they were real happy about me just dropping a dead rooster on their desk, but I wanted them to understand that I am pissed.

It is cruel and unneccisary to do something like this to ANY creature.

I know it is probably lame to get pissed over someone killing a rooster, but it is the principal behind the whole thing.

The REALLY scary part of this whole thing?

Since most of the chickens have dissappeared, rusty, rita and elvis have been sleeping in the garage, I left it open the night before I found rusty.

It is very possible that the person or persons came into the garage and snuck him out.

and the door leading from the garage to the house was unlocked.

You can put money on the fact that from now on, that garage door will be closed and the back door will be locked.

Thanks for the hugs and the support guys, I really appreciate it.

Nymph,

I am counting on yalls coming out.

We will have some Jack and share our horror stories.

Then both of yalls will be laughing so hard youll be crying :D

I knew and worked with this guy 20 plus years ago. He told me once about him and some buddies threw a bag of kittens over a bridge on a river hearabouts. I was shocked and felt like telling him to fuck off. It could have been a bullshit story,I don't know. It was a really long time ago...Other than this one thing I never saw him do anything that was really disagreeable. We ended up becoming friends but this 1 thing always has bothered me to this day. He got married in 1998 and I haven't seen him since. I couldn't do something as cruel as that to an animal. And I've had my share of venison,elk,bear,beaver,moose,cougar,pheasant and buffalo. The buff,bear and deer meat were my favorites then as now. I remember one time while camping I had this killer marinated venison. Tariiyaky. Still love meat cooked over a fire whether on a spit griddle or dutch oven. :) Back when I was in high school my friends went out one Saturday night (I was grounded). We used to go way out in the sticks in Snohomish county and raise hell. Well this particular night my pals drove down this road only to stop cuz a shitload of people wearing black robes standing around a huge fire...well the robes started to converge on my pals when Hilert gunned it and did a screamin 180 in gravel and they tore ass outa there. They would never go back even during the day they were so scared shitless! Could be the asswipe who killed your Rusty was into weird stuff like this. On a final note....something Pappy said about people sinking their mailboxes in 8 inch well casing and a yard of concrete...me and my pals went out and nailed a few mailboxes back in the day when gas was .33 a gallon. Then later in life my Dad and a few ex foremen showed me the sheer strength of steel and concrete. Been a big fan ever since. ;D

• Members
I'm so sorry to hear about this! :(

One thing I wonder though... are there any practitioners of Santeria that you know of in your area? It could just be outright cruelty, but the fact that the rooster was bled out and the head was nowhere to be found makes me wonder if this isn't somehow related to either Santeria or a similar religion which practices animal sacrifice. Decapitation of poultry is a very common theme, and the blood is often used in the ritual.

That's what I was thinking... You should invest in some motion detection lights and continue to keep them locked up at night... Scary shit!