Official Community Forums Home

Jareth From The Labyrinth

PanickedVanity

• Members

I can't be the only one who ever fantasized about David Bowie's sexy Goblin King in the labyrinth. I'd really like my husband to dress as him for me... the question is where to find an appropriate outfit. Hair and makeup are fairly easy (I'm a makeup artist, so I can deal with that) but the outfit proves a problem.

Jareth:

jareth.jpg

jarethsings.jpg

jareth.gif

jareth16.jpg

The husband:

DSC04282.jpg

DSC04275.jpg

DSC04431-1.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

My husband is 5'9, 25 inch waist, size women's 14 shoe.

• Members

WOW, your husband makes a very cute female. Not too many men can pull that off!

I would try to piece the costume together by using a 'Beethoven" type costume - you know, the fluffy tie, the long jacket - then fill in the rest with odds and ends.

• Members

That would be a damn sexy costume! -whew-

• Members

Thanks, and yeah we both wore dresses to the wedding... getting our marriage license was fun, the clerk nearly fell off his chair when Lillie (my husband) opened his mouth.

I already have a few pieces (Pouffy white shirt) but finding a leather vest type thing, and high heeled boots is going to be a pain.

• Members
Ah yes, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars...I remember 'glam'...any body else remember glam? He's pretty.

I wasn't around for it, but I remember, mmm pretty men.

I LOVED David Bowie in his role as Jareth!! He was damn sexy!! And your hubby looks very cute! Sad that he can probably walk better in heels than I ever could!! :rolleyes::P And, it wasn't lost on me that David Bowie plays bass, and so looks like your hubby does too. Wonderful that you're so accepting to allow your hubby to do this comfortably!! Awesome!!!

*Ducks her ancient head.....* I remember Glam Rock!!

• Members

try looking at a Renaissance Faire if there is one near you...you will have absolutely no problem finding a similar shirt. It may not be exact, but you'll be able to find something like it.

• Members

I'm gonna steal your hubby, k? :lol:

• Members
OMG that's so funny that you've got it bad for Bowie/Jarreth too! My 17 year old is obsessed. Wonder what she'd think about your cute hubby?

Well he is in a rock band... so he does get his share of screaming fangirls (it's fun being the wifey...)

Bowie is king of sexy though (well in my book next to my hubby)

• Members
I LOVED David Bowie in his role as Jareth!! He was damn sexy!! And your hubby looks very cute! Sad that he can probably walk better in heels than I ever could!! :rolleyes::P And, it wasn't lost on me that David Bowie plays bass, and so looks like your hubby does too. Wonderful that you're so accepting to allow your hubby to do this comfortably!! Awesome!!!

*Ducks her ancient head.....* I remember Glam Rock!!

He is very accepting of my desires (although he'd wear that outfit anyway, he likes to preform dressed as a girl, he goes by the stage name Lillie

• Review Team

With you on that one, my first crush ever was on Jareth. I remember watching the VHS and bouncing on the couch at the end in horror. "No? What, are you NUTS? Jareth is awesome, you're just stooopid!" That and I asked my parents if they were going to have another baby (what I didn't tell them was I just wanted bait for Jareth :P )

If you have a sewing machine, you can find patterns for similar stuff real easy. That and like Natalie said, Ren Faires. You also might try thrift stores on the off-chance they have old clothes you can add on to or something...

Good luck, and please post pics when it's done! We would love to see them :)

• Members

Oh there shall be photos... after all what better dirty pictures than ones of the one you love anyway

• Members

shit, thats your husband? o.O

he's HOT, girl!

any guy that looks like a girl/similar to a girl, but is a guy, is sooo attractive, i dont know why but i loves it! :)

deff love David Bowie as Jareth! He was my first celebrity crush when I was 7!! :D

Look on eBay.com, they sell many old fashioned items, and holloween type merch year round.

And yes, please post pix when its complete!

"You remind me of the babe! What babe? The babe with the power..." lol cudnt resist, now ima have to watch it again! ^__^

• Members

Hehe, yeah, I love pretty/androgynous boys. I intend to post pix when I get him into the costume

He reminds me of the babe... the babe with the power of... bowie's package

• Members

I love that site! I think I'm going to have my hubby dress up when he gets home so I can take photos *ebil* since my mom is coming out to visit us this weekend *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

God DAMN Bowie is hot. xDDD I've been all over him since I was seventeen and hell... I'd still go for Bowie and he's like what, sixty? xDDD

I wanna see some pictures of this costume! o.o; I'm thinking a bodysuit kinda thing for the pants and then some poofiness...hmmm.

• Members
Ah yes, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars...I remember 'glam'...any body else remember glam? He's pretty.

I remember glam..Bowie, Ziggy Stardust...I'm trying to think of more...it's too early.

Bowie is the definition of HOTNESS!!!

• Members

Try museum Replics here's the link to their mens stuff

http://www.museumreplicas.com/museumreplic...x?CategoryID=11

Hubby got a pair of tights on there very hot.

Oh and the whole "I wish the goblin king would come and take you away... right now" Doesn't work I tried, with my little sister. Oh how I tired.

• Members

Daivd Bowie is soo hot as Jareth. LOL Maybe that is why I own the movie... I have fantasied about him I wont lie. WOW, your hubby sure can pull off an awesome girl, I agree with Mikayla it is hard for a man to do that and yours did awesome.