Official Community Forums Home

Rant

whiskeywoman

• Members

Sorry, I have to vent, I am so pissed!!!

I got a phone call at 8 30 this morning, it was the head of the surgical department

my 3 daughters had been in an accident.

It seems a semi had t boned their bus on the way to school, and they were all 3 in the emergency room.

They were ok, no physical injuries, but they were shaken up pretty badly.

the 6 yr old was knocked out of her seat and slid about 3 or 4 feet on her knee.

its tore up pretty bad, but not so bad that she is not able to ride her bike lol

So, on the way home they told me that the semi driver stopped, said " sorry my fault, didnt see you or the stop sign" and left.

excuse me, how the fuck can you NOT see a large bright yellow school bus in front of you?!

so, now, hes been sighted for failure to yeild to a school bus, running a stop sign and leaving the scene of an accident AKA hit n run.

Most of my day has been spent on the phone, with the police, the truckdrivers comapnay, their insurance company etc.

And get this... the guy STILL WORKS FOR THEM!!

THEY DID NOT FIRE HIM!!

I spoke with the bus driver earlier, she has the worst injurues since the impact happened mainly on her side where she was sitting.

she has 4 broken ribs and some damage to her liver from a rib poking it.

I was driving to the hospial to get the girls, and saw the damage, the bus was damn near bent in half.

I am so grateful that there injuries sustained were not more serious than they are.

It just irks the hell out of me that this guy hit a school bus with some 30 kids in it, and left the scene, and is still able to get behind the wheel.

trust me, if i saw that semi driver, i would have flattened him in a heart beat for scaring my babies.

ok, i need to stop now, i am about ready to say things i may regret.

thanks for letting me vent.

• Members

Good gravy.... big hugs to you and lots of kisses to your little ones. I'm glad to hear they're physically okay and hope they're of good mind also, so getting on the bus again isn't a scary thing for them. :(

I can NOT beLIEVE that friggin' idiot LEFT the accident scene!! Especially after seeing the bus bent and he HAD to have seen both the injured driver and the CHILDREN present. Good gods. I hope he gets in the trouble he needs to.

I'm glad someone had the mindset to get the guy's truck information to track him down!

• Members

Omg that's just horrible, I can't imagine people not stopping and staying. There were kids involved which makes it twice as bad.

I hope your kids are feeling better.

Wow, that's just awful.

• Members

good lord!! im glad your kids are ok!!

i would go after the trucking company, and him personally. i would contact the press, and anyone else who would listen. send the medical bills to the trucking company as well. make them responsible. i would also contact all the parents, and them send the med. bills to the company, as well as the transportation dept. for your kids school. they need to purchase a new bus!!

• Members

What a complete jackass. Thank god no one was seriously injured. How the hell can this company allow him to still work?

If I lived in your area, I'd help you hunt him down, and plaster his truck with posters, spray paint, and whatever else that said "I ram school buses for fun." & "I'm a dumbass"". I'm SOOOOO glad that the kids are OK, and I hope the bus driver heals soon. What a bad thing to happen, but, thankfully, it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

• Members

I'm with Angel on the aspect of going after the company, and go to the press if it's not to your satisfaction...That is BULL SHIT!!! I'm so glad your little ones are okay, keep us updated. Big hugs to you!!!

Guest eminatic

from what i remember school buses NEVER have seatbelts, and often they were so crowded they would force us to squish 3 or 4 kids into a seat meant for 2, with a couple more kids sitting in the aisle on the floor (i went to school in California though, known for its incredibly bankrupt schoolsystem, so things might be different elsewhere)

where i come from that incident would GUARANTEE a big fat lawsuit.

• Members

Good lord. PLEASE threaten to sue that company (class action suit of angry parents much?) if he is not fired. That's RIDICULOUS.

• Members

That is terrible, i hope your kids are feeling better. our school busses didn't have seat belts unless they had preschoolers that needed car seats and they all road a small bus. i cant believe the driver is still working. if that were my hubby he'd lose his job, CDL and freedom. he almost lost it for another truck cutting him off i couldn't imagine him hitting a school bus. but then again he isn't that cold hearted about things. nobody is in that big of a hurry.

• Members

Oh dear!

My thoughts are with you, I'm happy your kids are okay, that driver seems like a real... [insert hateful noun]!

Those are the types of people who shouldn't drive, assholes.

Hang in there, and wishing an uber quick recovery for the youngsters. <3 *hugs*

• Members

A phone call no parent should ever have.

I'm sorry you and your children had to go throught the trama. I hope they're feeling better soon.

Was the bone head drunk, or did he fall asleep at the wheel, both chargable offenses. And I agree, Threaten to sue the company untile you get what you want.

• Members

well, after spending a day on the phone with the owner of the company, and the insurance company, I have been assured that I will recieve no bills from the hospital whatsoever.

I will however be getting a visit from the insurance adjuster.

It seems the company will be offering cash for parents who lost time off of work to be with their kids.

The owner has assured me that the driver has been dismissed from his employment.

He is now facing numerous criminal charges and has had his CDL endorsement revoked.

No, there were no seatbelts on the bus, the only reason the children were not hurt worse was due to the quick thinking of the bus driver.

She saw the semi coming and knew they were about to be hit, so she told all of the children to get on the one side of the bus.

Thankfully they all listened and the injuries were minor.

i sent her a bouquet of flowers and a baloon thanking her for her actions.

the baloon was the girls idea, they really like her.

ok, well i gotta jump, i need to repair some fencing and get some feed.

have a good day guys!

• Members
I've had a couple of cases where the truck drive went down the road a little farther to hide contrband.
I must say that this was my first impression of the whole thing also. There had to be something further. For him to leave just looks like he had things to 86!

• Members

Thank GOD for that bus driver! That was excellent thinking! =D

• Members
well, after spending a day on the phone with the owner of the company, and the insurance company, I have been assured that I will recieve no bills from the hospital whatsoever.

I will however be getting a visit from the insurance adjuster.

It seems the company will be offering cash for parents who lost time off of work to be with their kids.

The owner has assured me that the driver has been dismissed from his employment.

He is now facing numerous criminal charges and has had his CDL endorsement revoked.

No, there were no seatbelts on the bus, the only reason the children were not hurt worse was due to the quick thinking of the bus driver.

She saw the semi coming and knew they were about to be hit, so she told all of the children to get on the one side of the bus.

Thankfully they all listened and the injuries were minor.

i sent her a bouquet of flowers and a baloon thanking her for her actions.

the baloon was the girls idea, they really like her.

ok, well i gotta jump, i need to repair some fencing and get some feed.

have a good day guys!

We need more drivers like this everywhere! Hope all the kids get better soon! Glad you stayed on the company to resolve this matter properly.