Official Community Forums Home

Just Got The Bad News.

pappyld04

• Members

One of my friends who would go out of his way to help almost anyone was found hanging in a jail cell this morning. I had not seen him in a while because he's been doing a lot of the wrong shit. He didn't even inform that his mom had died last month. (Both these bombs were dropped on us tonight). I don't have any major details yet but I wonder what happened? I can only guess what brought it about but how this slips by in a jailhouse with cams and a jailer eludes me? Our city jail had this same thing less than a year ago and aren't even allowed to keep prisoners anymore. They take them to county which is where this happened. I'm sure that whatever landed him in there was justifiable but this should have been avoidable.

I'm so sorry for your friend's death. Sometimes people go thru some stuff, and they try to do it by themselves so as not to upset or disappoint anyone. Don't feel too bad, he had stuff he had to deal with. You would've been there if you knew, I'm sure.

• Members

sorry to hear that Pappy. Thats alot to deal with at once. Keep your head up and remember the good things about your friend.

• Members

I'm so sorry for you loss, Pappy. Rarely do people commit suicide without some type of warning to others...be it blatant or subtle. It seems like jail would be a high risk place so the police would be even more on guard. I'm sorry your friend felt he had no hope and the only was out was through this avenue. Even though he had some rough times, try to remember the good that was in him.

• Members

It's a shame... a permanent solution to a short term crisis...

But don't put blame on the jail. Sure they should have some oversight of their visitors, but if he did this of his own accord, it's all on him... A friend in law enforcement once told me that people in jails are VERY creative and persistent when it comes to ending their lives. And it happens too often. They are after all jailers... meant to hold folks who do bad things, and potentially deserve punishment, and not babysitters.

Sorry for your loss. Maybe he's in a better, peaceful place now... perhaps even reunited with his Mom in the hereafter.

• Members
:( Do you think it was some kind of foul play?

• Members

My condolences to you...

Suicide is a very hard thing to deal with or understand - we have dealt with it several times in our family.

• Members
:( Do you think it was some kind of foul play?

Actually I was thinking that someone was sleeping on the job. His sister is the one I'm worried about now. That is 2 tragedies inside of a month and trouble usually comes in three's. I'll just have to wait until I see her.

• Members

What a sad thing to happen. Sorry Pappy.

• Members

Friends are like family to me so I can't just think about the good things. But most of his bad things that I know about are what makes him unique in his own way. Most of his errors were pretty funny and he usually faces things with a sense of humor. Gotta take the good with the bad as they say! More good than not with him and his family!