Official Community Forums Home

Deepthroat Tips?

• Members

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting here, so sorry if there's a thread on this somewhere, I did a quick scan. I've been ordering a toy a month from this site for the last while, and noticed the forum but didn't have anything to say. I'm here today looking for a bit of guidance on deepthroating. I've slowly been working up to this feat. My hubby's a beast and I have a really quick gag reflex. Like sometimes my toothbrush makes me gag! But, I'm determined. I've been trying to relax my throat and get it further down there and have noticed much improvements with how far and long I can keep it down there.

I decided to try and get some speed and rhythm happening yesterday, so I put his hand on my head and told him to slowly get me bobbing. Good god! What a sight it must of been when I came up gasping for air with tears running down, snot pouring out, and a nice trail of slobber and vomit. Hubby was blindfolded at this time, "Holy fuck that was hot!!Hey, are you okay?" "Yes, huh, huh, huh, dont, huh, huh, peek!" So, after laying back for a few minutes to breath and doing a quick wipedown, time for another round. Same thing, I got it all under control, then the bobbing happens, and I'm gasping for air and covered in an assortment of fluids (but, extremely aroused) Finally, being quite pooched and seeing spots, I finished him off with my hands.

Does anyone have any tips for this??? I'm okay with the gagging part (HAH), but the not being able to breathe part sucks. Is there a way to regulate breathing while doing this or am I supposed to keep stopping to breathe? Should I be trying to suck in while it's down there or just keep my throat relaxed?

• Members

First of all HA HA HA! :D I have almost done the same thing! Gentle sucking is OK but I think mainly as you go up. Going slow I feel is key and also stay relaxed! I find when I am VERY relaxed and extremely aroused things go great. I can take him "balls deep", no problem. I have a hard time swallowing though... I guess the only thing that works for sure is practice. Whatever it takes for you to be relaxed is essential!

• Members

I don't think it is physically possible to breath while his cock is in your throat. It shuts off your airway. You have to back off to breath, and then go back for more.

• Members
I don't think it is physically possible to breath while his cock is in your throat. It shuts off your airway. You have to back off to breath, and then go back for more.

Ditto that! I guess I can tell where he is and when he closes my airway and I do back off a bit, breathe and then continue...

Guest eminatic

yes, dont try to breathe while deepthroating ;) you have to find a comfortable rhythm where you can alternate holding your breath and breathing. so basically you need to hold your breath when you deepthroat, but do NOT take a huge breath just before going down.

• Members

The others have already given you any tips that I would have given you. I just want to commend you on the effort you're going to. So many people just give up but you're really making an effort. Good for you!

• Members

I have been working on this. I am hoping to be able to give this to my SO. I know that he would love for me to be able to do it. I just have to remember to relax. That is my problem. My brain jumps in and causes me trouble. I am ready to fire the brain so that I can enjoy and give enjoyment like this to him.

I am not sure if part of my problem has to do with a problem I had when I was a baby. I was born with a paralyzed vocal cord. You wouldn't know it now. I don't shut the hell up.....lol. I guess I will have to do some research to see if the issues with that can cause trouble with this. I will say it is definitely a lot of fun practicing and as they say practice makes perfect.

• Members

I talked to someone the other day who suggested that I practice on a small dildo. Any ideas on that? Would that be a good way to learn to deepthroat???

• Members

I wrote an article on this - see it in the articles and tips section.

The best advice I have is to start with your head hanging off the bed and use a toy or dildo to practice. If you lay on your back, and lean your head off the bed, your airway becomes open and your throat becomes an easily accessible path. Think of putting a breathing tube in (like on ER) they always put the patient flat, then extend the neck and move the head back. This opens the airway and makes gagging less likely.

Practice this way and after you get better at it, you can move on to other positions. Also, breathe in turn - cock in, no breath, cock out, breathe. It takes practice but you will get there. Your willingness to learn is half the battle!

• Members
I wrote an article on this - see it in the articles and tips section.

The best advice I have is to start with your head hanging off the bed and use a toy or dildo to practice. If you lay on your back, and lean your head off the bed, your airway becomes open and your throat becomes an easily accessible path. Think of putting a breathing tube in (like on ER) they always put the patient flat, then extend the neck and move the head back. This opens the airway and makes gagging less likely.

Practice this way and after you get better at it, you can move on to other positions. Also, breathe in turn - cock in, no breath, cock out, breathe. It takes practice but you will get there. Your willingness to learn is half the battle!

I cant work this position. Our beds on the floor (we're still a bit poor lol) so it would be too awkward for him to be over me. Our couches arent the the right height either. I did try practicing this way tho with a dildo and it is much, much easier and more comfortable.

For now its him lying on the bed with a pillow so hes not quite flat thats worked the best. The last time I went at it i tried a new breathing pattern with opening and closing my mouth.

I alternated two methods:

First, slow bobbings with hand breaks for breathing.

Then, fierce bobs with kindof like lamaze (sp?) breaths without taking his cock out. I opened my lips a bit to let air in for three bobs, then open them a bit to exhale for three bobs. Some hilarious sounds happen from this. And I found because of me focusing on pushing out and sucking in in a pattern that it could hit the back of my throat pretty hard without a gag happening.

The alternation between the slow sucking bobs and the super bobs was much enjoyed. Thanks for all your thoughts everyone.

• Members
I cant work this position. Our beds on the floor (we're still a bit poor lol) so it would be too awkward for him to be over me. Our couches arent the the right height either. I did try practicing this way tho with a dildo and it is much, much easier and more comfortable.

For now its him lying on the bed with a pillow so hes not quite flat thats worked the best. The last time I went at it i tried a new breathing pattern with opening and closing my mouth.

Then, fierce bobs with kindof like lamaze (sp?) breaths without taking his cock out. I opened my lips a bit to let air in for three bobs, then open them a bit to exhale for three bobs. Some hilarious sounds happen from this. And I found because of me focusing on pushing out and sucking in in a pattern that it could hit the back of my throat pretty hard without a gag happening.

The alternation between the slow sucking bobs and the super bobs was much enjoyed. Thanks for all your thoughts everyone.

One way that works well for us is I am lying on my SIDE on the couch or bed. He stands next to me and we do it that way. I think it opens my airway like Mikayla's technique also. If you can stand it, when you have him deep move your head in a circle so his penis is kind of circling your throat. My H always goes nuts for this...

• Members

You can do it with a low lying mattress, just have him kneel over your bent back head. Or on the mattress you lie and he kneels over you.

What works for me is to breathe then when his cock is in..no breath, cock out.. take a breath and hold, then continue that pattern. That and place your tongue behind your lower teeth relaxed. If you get your tongue over your teeth when he is in you will gag.

• Members

Hi new here, hope its ok for me to jump in. My name is Michelle!

I'm just beginning to realise that oral sex is enjoyable, i've pretty much refused to do it for years, I can count on one hand the number of times i've done it in 14 years, poor husband!

But in the last 2 weeks out of nowhere the desire has returened to really try and do it, and my god it was great!!!

I have always had a quick gag reflex, I found if i MADE myself relax while his cock is in my mouth it helps. Also i really flatten my tongue, it seems to make my throat bigger. I can just get it to my tonsils then no further at the moment, but i have found i can breathe a bit through my nose when i cant breathe through my mouth.

I'm a little worried about taking it further in in case i really gag and choke. My wonderful DH has been so patient I really want to do this for him! I'd appreciate any and all help!!!!

• Members

I wasn't able to deep throat either until I started reading the articles and tips on this site. Matter of fact, quite frankly, I never enjoyed it, nor did I think I was particularly good at it. But, these articles have changed that - boy have they changed that. :)

Anyway, I found that laying on the bed worked well. I found lying down sideways, or 69 didn't. However, for some reason, the easiest way for me was squatting or kneeling in front of him. He's extremely gentle and lets me pace it until I can get him back there. I'm still a little slow getting him back there - but I think he thinks of it as a tease - he enjoys it! Once there, it seems easy. He also always lets me know when he's getting close to cumming, so it's not a surprise. If if we've decided to do that, I found being vertical is the best - gravity helps.

• Members

I started off real slow.. you're pretty much training yourself to breathe in a totally different way. I started opening my throat up as much as possibly. Try flexing your throat muscles on your own and with other items of your own choosing. Then once you've got that, breathe through your nose. As I said, slow is key. You're learning something totally new. Not breathing isn't that great and only leads to short visits into the throat. Depending on the girth and size, you obviously won't be able to fully breathe when he is "balls deep" per se. However doing those exercises will help you be able to regulate your breathing without fulling having to take the cock out of your mouth. Also as Chell said, flattening the throat will help too. Sticking out my tongue and flattening it helps me too. It seems to cease my gag reflex a bit more too. Some women find it easier when they are laying on a bed on their back, with their head hanging off. The breathing really goes into effect with this position, though. But it's mostly for deeper penetration. I had a hard time with this at first because the balls kept suffocating me. lol But I just learned to breath when he took his cock away or I held onto the sac myself so keep it out of my way.

I love when my boyfriends cock never leaves my mouth. It's a big turn on for me knowing that I have the talent upon my own accord and personalized lifestyle to be able to do this. Remember, slow is key. Practice makes perfect. And try try again. Maybe tweaking my methods to your preference works. Hope you have fun practicing!

hi! im bri.

even though I've only given 3 guys blowjobs, word is im the best lol

with the breathing, I've realized that breathing thru your NOSE while bringing your mouth to his head ( while you still have him in your mouth ) helps keeping you from gagging and helps you be able to keep him in your mouth while you breathe. don't breathe thru your mouth, for some reason breathing thru your mouth gives too much sensation and gags you.

I also agree with keeping your tongue flat and stuck out. it also helps keep you from running your bottom teeth over the underside of your mans penis.

closing your eyes when you first start helped me relax and concentrate when I did my first blow job. it doesn't work fo everyone but its worth a try!

hopefully it helps!

• Members
Lucky Hubbie! lucky you! but whats up with the blindfold?The visuals are hot!

And look him in the eyes as your blowing him......also hot!

• Members
hi! im bri.

even though I've only given 3 guys blowjobs, word is im the best lol

with the breathing, I've realized that breathing thru your NOSE while bringing your mouth to his head ( while you still have him in your mouth ) helps keeping you from gagging and helps you be able to keep him in your mouth while you breathe. don't breathe thru your mouth, for some reason breathing thru your mouth gives too much sensation and gags you.

I also agree with keeping your tongue flat and stuck out. it also helps keep you from running your bottom teeth over the underside of your mans penis.

closing your eyes when you first start helped me relax and concentrate when I did my first blow job. it doesn't work fo everyone but its worth a try!

hopefully it helps!

I will have to keep the breathing in mind. I have a very bad gag problem. It is getting better but at times I am almost there but other times I have problems. I woudl love to be able to do this for him as I know he would absolutely love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Hi!

I'm impressed how many of you can deepthroat... I want that too.

I just started to learn and I want to know how long it took you to learn deepthroating.

Love,

the Freak

For me, it was sort of accidental..i was all excited and before i knew it, there i was...but i am one lucky girl..i don't have much of a gag reflex at all. But the anatomy is the same for all of us...if you have him ALL the way back, you cover up the nasal passage and the passage to the lungs. So, before i attempt it, I take a deep breath and hold it, because it is impossible to breathe with him all the way back. And that feeling of not being able to breath makes your body panic and you gag and automatically feel like choking. So my advice...deep breath first!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I talked to someone the other day who suggested that I practice on a small dildo. Any ideas on that? Would that be a good way to learn to deepthroat???
.........couldn't hurt.......