Official Community Forums Home

Ridiculous Really.

• Members

I've been a stranger lately to this site, not really often responding or replying as much as I used to. Things aren't getting any better at home. I've turned into a complete mess, and when I'm not working, my body wants to fall apart from being so tired / overworked. Bizarre as it sounds, I just don't have the energy to read or type. It's not even here, just any internet. I had over 600 in my email inbox. I'm slacking. I wouldn't say it's depression, but I feel really down. There's a lot of small things going on in addition to my grandfather's condition. I don't really think I want to get into it right at this moment. I just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten about you. I've written a post or two before about this, but lately it has been much worse and more difficult to drag myself to a computer. Hope everyone is okay! Everyone!

All of you. Things will get better eventually. and hopefully I can get out of this rut really soon.

hugs to all.

• Members

Here's a hug *hug* but I disagree. I think it is depression no matter how slight. You have a lot on your plate. Talk with your doctor, they can help you.

• Members
Things will get better eventually. and hopefully I can get out of this rut really soon.

I was wondering where you wandered......but absolutely we all have to have our ups and downs. I can completely understand you not wanting to drag yourself to the computer. It can be tough sometimes to put in effort to "communicate". Hopefully you have someone you can talk with about everything thats going on with you. Bottling everything up will do nothing more than cause self implosion.

I hope you'll be on the up side soon. Take care of yourself and hopefully we'll see some of those beautiful shots soon of ya!

Ginger

• Members

**hugs** im sorry things are not going well for you right now. and yes sweetie, a little depressed is still depressed. go talk to your doc. theres nothing wrong with it. im sure many of us here have had to do it at one time or another. i know i have

• Members

Aahh sweetie I hate that you're feeling overwhelmed right now...at your age you should just be enjoying yourself and not worrying about anything too serious, but I know that's not how life goes. If this mood or depression goes on much longer do see your doctor....try to let go of all the things that you have no control over and really try to do some little something just for yourself that gives you joy. Hope you feel better soon....good luck!

• Members

You should really see a doctor. A little depression can turn into worse if you don't get some help! We are always here if you need to talk. We're not all licensed but we don't charge either! Just get better!

• Members
Here's a hug *hug* but I disagree. I think it is depression no matter how slight. You have a lot on your plate. Talk with your doctor, they can help you.

even if external situations are causing you to feel a little down, it can still be depression. Also, anxiety can mimic and mask a lot of other systems. It can't hurt to go and talk to your general Doc. If you are absolutely not going to go to the Doc, do yourself a favor force yourself to exercise. It doesn't have to be a major work out, it could be vigorous walking for a half hour. Your body will release endorphins which will help you fell better.

I hope you choose to see your Doc, but whatever you choose Feel better soon!

• Members

Just to let you know that I havent forgotten about you. I am going to agree I think it is depression, as someone who has never really dealt with or had depression tell after a few things last year. I can say that the way you feel, is very much signs of depression. Many people here can tell you I went threw a horrbile time with depression and I still fight it at times.

Honestly talk with your Dr. at least.

Wishing you the best!!(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

• Members

Hey I don't know what's going on but I do know how incapacitating depression can be. Try just try to get out and do something to get your mind off things. My BFF was there for me when I was going through some really ugly crap. I swear if it wasn't for her calling me and dragging me out to lunch or even just to the store I would have disappeared into a black hole. I had no motivation and I felt physically exhausted. I just wanted to sleep all day and escape the pain I felt. So I feel ya and I hope you have the support of friends and family! We are here for you too! You can PM me anytime. Even though I am old I am NOT your mom :D and I am a good listener! :)

• Review Team

Everybody has the good advice: Go talk to someone, hon. You got stuff you need off your chest (no, not those. silly ;) ) I hope you feel better soon.

• Members

Getting some of this off your chest is also a good idea when you feel ready! I know you said you weren't ready yet. But we all love our "Tiny Dancer" and we want to see you happy again!

• Members

Hi baby girl! I agree with everyone else, you sound depressed. Depression runs deep in my family and so far i have seen two ways of dealing with it, either you thgrow yourself into stuff and crash and burn publicly, or you shut yourself away and crash and burn on your own. Please talk to a doctor, I alway recommend that EVERYONE depressed or not have a therapist, and if you can't do that find a friend. Talking or even writing, a journal maybe, will help. You need to just need to get to the heart of the problems, you seem tohave a good grasp on the issues, but you need to relieve some of the stress on you. I also agree that getting out and doing something, buying a new pair of shoes, taking a walk, sittiing outside in the sun, which every you feel up to will help. I know, and maybe this is just because it's me, but I keep myself busier when i'm depressed and my older sister curls up and hides, I seem to bounce back faster. Again, I could be just assuming this because youw ant to think the best of yourself. I'm here if you need a shoulder.

It's not ridiculous at all. Depression can come in many different levels, from low to high leves of it. Nobody can fully explain WHY people get depressed, but, darlin', it sounds as if you are. You probably don't think of yourself as having a "label", but please don't think of it as such. It's a realy condition, that can not only drain you emotionally, but there can be physical symptoms as well. I hope you go talk with your doctor so they can help you. Talk when you can darlin'. We'll still be here.

• Members

I know how you feel....I have been very melancholy myself as of late....

I agree with Iha, do what makes you happy and avoid what doesn't. If you do not feel like typing or being chained to your computer, then don't do it...we will be here for ya when you feel like coming round'

Hugs to you....BIG HUGS!!!

• Members

Wow so first off WOW.

I didn't think so many people would leave such kind, and heartfelt responses. Thanks to EVERYONE who has read or replied to this. It definitely helps ease some of the pain within. I am glad to know you guys have been thinking of me and took the time to give me some very useful insight.

I think I might just be depressed. I have not gone to a doctor or therapist yet because my mother IS a therapist. And I hear all the time you're not depressed, and that I don't need help. She thinks I'm just making it up or overly dramatic like any other 18 year old. When I explain to my family how I feel they just don't get it. I'm of course an adult but I always used to think it was just me or I'd get over it. But I think so many recent events have completely demolished my positive thoughts and cheery self. I need to talk to someone and I know now more than ever is the time.

I completed physical therapy a month ago, and got the a okay to dance, and I haven't gone back yet. I LOVE dance as we all know, but I guess this terrible rut I'm in is just making it harder to get up and go back. I'm physically and mentally exhausted. It's hard to get my body moving when all I feel like doing is sleeping or curling up in a ball. I gotta get out there. and next week I'm going to start by taking a day for me to go into Boston and begin dance classes again. I know it's going to be baby steps back into it because of getting over an injury but I'm ready. I can't prolong stuff anymore just because I'm feeling down. I need help and I guess this is a big wake up call to know it's OKAY to talk to someone. I guess I was just so scared to ask for help. I always thought I was supposed to just suck it up. That's the mentality I was always brought up with. Blech.

Thanks again to you all.

*hugs*

• Members

TinyD there are a million of us in the world that thought it couldn't happen to us. IDK if I'm the only one that picked up on that username you have but that is where I began to see a problem. And life just threw a major curveball at you on top of that. There are many of us here who know just what you feel and haven't tried to hide it because, IMO, there are others out here who need to do what we have to work on the problem. Don't sweat the small shit abotu what label you may be given as long as you are working to better yourself FUCK EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!

• Members

Sounds like drepression to me, been there.

I hate to say it but it sounds like your family isn't much help, but if they haven't been there they don't

understand just how low you feel.

If you can't see a doctor and have no one to confide in please seek a priest or minister. If you don't have one of your own

just find one, if it's easier for you find a woman pastor. Most are great listeners and are compassionate and have

had some training. Even if you are not religious it sounds like you believe in the basics so a few insights into

the Good Book might improve how you see things.

Hoping for the best for you and if you don't mind I'm sending a few big hugs from an old guy who raised two daughters

and hugged them through some tough times.

• Members

Although you have lots going on, the lack of physical activity stands out to me. My daughter injured her knee (severed her ACL) and went from hours of activity each day to zero. The injury itself was depressing enough, but her body really missed the activity and all the healthy chemicals , etc that it produces. It was a rough patch for her. Like others have suggested, try to get back to the activity that you're used to. And it never hurts to talk to someone also. When you get a chance, let us know how your doing (no pressure!!!!).

Wow so first off WOW.

I didn't think so many people would leave such kind, and heartfelt responses. Thanks to EVERYONE who has read or replied to this. It definitely helps ease some of the pain within. I am glad to know you guys have been thinking of me and took the time to give me some very useful insight.

I think I might just be depressed. I have not gone to a doctor or therapist yet because my mother IS a therapist. And I hear all the time you're not depressed, and that I don't need help. She thinks I'm just making it up or overly dramatic like any other 18 year old. When I explain to my family how I feel they just don't get it. I'm of course an adult but I always used to think it was just me or I'd get over it. But I think so many recent events have completely demolished my positive thoughts and cheery self. I need to talk to someone and I know now more than ever is the time.

I completed physical therapy a month ago, and got the a okay to dance, and I haven't gone back yet. I LOVE dance as we all know, but I guess this terrible rut I'm in is just making it harder to get up and go back. I'm physically and mentally exhausted. It's hard to get my body moving when all I feel like doing is sleeping or curling up in a ball. I gotta get out there. and next week I'm going to start by taking a day for me to go into Boston and begin dance classes again. I know it's going to be baby steps back into it because of getting over an injury but I'm ready. I can't prolong stuff anymore just because I'm feeling down. I need help and I guess this is a big wake up call to know it's OKAY to talk to someone. I guess I was just so scared to ask for help. I always thought I was supposed to just suck it up. That's the mentality I was always brought up with. Blech.

Thanks again to you all.

*hugs*

Honey, trust me, as educated as our parents are/were, when it comes to their kids, especially in any sort of mental-well-being field, they are blind. My father was a guidance counselor at a schoo. He helped hundreds of kids, I dare say thousands, and he was clueless when it came to my issues I had as a kid. So, the best thing to do is to find a neutral person to speak with and to open up too. Parents can't seperate themselves from their kids to give unbiased opinions, no matter how hard we try, it really can't be done. If your mom is a therapist, and she taught you to "suck it up", then no insult to her, but she isn't helping anyone. I hope that you can find someone to help you. Iha's response is basic, but knowing that you had a lot of issues causing you to not be able to dance, maybe dancing will help lift your spirits. Not only with doing something you enjoy, but also, people that exercise are usually happier people. Much love to you!

• Members

@ littlemissnonamegirl

Yea I find this place kinda like a second family! I love this place everyone here is so kind! I absolutely love this place!

• Members
Honey, trust me, as educated as our parents are/were, when it comes to their kids, especially in any sort of mental-well-being field, they are blind. My father was a guidance counselor at a schoo. He helped hundreds of kids, I dare say thousands, and he was clueless when it came to my issues I had as a kid. So, the best thing to do is to find a neutral person to speak with and to open up too. Parents can't seperate themselves from their kids to give unbiased opinions, no matter how hard we try, it really can't be done. If your mom is a therapist, and she taught you to "suck it up", then no insult to her, but she isn't helping anyone. I hope that you can find someone to help you. Iha's response is basic, but knowing that you had a lot of issues causing you to not be able to dance, maybe dancing will help lift your spirits. Not only with doing something you enjoy, but also, people that exercise are usually happier people. Much love to you!

There is a whole lot of truth in what Tyger says here. We often have those blinders on when it comes to our own kids.

• Members

Tyger, you hit the nail right on the head.

she can help kajillions of teens, adults, toddlers, but when it comes to my issues they seem pretty non existent. Sad really, but there's nothing I can really do to change her mind. Blah. As much as I'd love to! It kills me to think my parents are so blind or turning their cheek to it. When I do try to open up about the situation it becomes a mess and they pretty much ignore it.

Blah. It's frustrating when those who are most near and dear don't seem to care.

• Members
Tyger, you hit the nail right on the head.

she can help kajillions of teens, adults, toddlers, but when it comes to my issues they seem pretty non existent. Sad really, but there's nothing I can really do to change her mind. Blah. As much as I'd love to! It kills me to think my parents are so blind or turning their cheek to it. When I do try to open up about the situation it becomes a mess and they pretty much ignore it.

Blah. It's frustrating when those who are most near and dear don't seem to care.

Like i said my entire family suffers from depression, and my sisters will get cuddled til the cows come home. Everything will be yaken care of for them and if i or anyone else doesn't cow tow to their needs beware my mother. I on the other hand don't get that kind of care when I'm depressed. I asked my mom why and she said because I'm like her I don't need it. One of two things may be happening, your mom either doesn't want to recognize your issues because that would me that she created some kind of weakness in you, or it could just be that she, even as a health professional aquates depression with the mentally ill, and you as her daughter could never be. I don't think she or anyone in your family is purposely over looking you (I'm a middle kid and yeah I have middle child syndrome) or your problems , I think it may be more of a situtation of if you have dealt with any previous bouts of depression before they might feel you can handle this one as well. Do I agree with this? Hell no, I think its messedup, if your asking for help then you deserve the best they can give you, but unfortunately that's not always how it happens. I'm here if you need any thing hun!