Official Community Forums Home

Ocd Moments

angelkisses98

• Members

I'm so laid back, I don't think I really have any OCD things...unless you count my deal for pens...LOL. My hubby however is the one with severe OCD

He can't eat after anyone (including me and kids)

He counts his steps on any surface and they have to be in sets of 3.

He has to have laundry done a certain way (which is good since I hate laundry)

Everything has to be in 3's or something to do with it.

The poor guy has the bad end of the bargain, cause I'll screw with him (only if he's ok that day)

Like, if he's picking on me, I'll lick him if he has me pinned down...lol.

Or, I'll offer him a bite (but only if he's seen me take a bite, I won't let him actually eat after me)

See, I'm mean, but he knows I love him. I do tell him if something is fixing to happen that will set him off though...so I'm not all mean...lol

• Members

Interesting that he counts in threes... I count in eights. Constantly. Brushing my teeth, washing my hands, stirring food, chewing, etc. If I can't accomplish what I'm doing in a simple count to eight, I have to count to eight, eight times.

Very strange. I wonder what it's all about...

I'm so laid back, I don't think I really have any OCD things...unless you count my deal for pens...LOL. My hubby however is the one with severe OCD

He can't eat after anyone (including me and kids)

He counts his steps on any surface and they have to be in sets of 3.

He has to have laundry done a certain way (which is good since I hate laundry)

Everything has to be in 3's or something to do with it.

The poor guy has the bad end of the bargain, cause I'll screw with him (only if he's ok that day)

Like, if he's picking on me, I'll lick him if he has me pinned down...lol.

Or, I'll offer him a bite (but only if he's seen me take a bite, I won't let him actually eat after me)

See, I'm mean, but he knows I love him. I do tell him if something is fixing to happen that will set him off though...so I'm not all mean...lol

• Members

I count in three's also. My mother always acted like I was mentally ill when she'd catch me doing it.

• Members

Guess I better fess up to the 3 also.

At one point I kept everything somewhat organized, but, it seems I have those opposites attract kind of relationships lately. When I was Bach'ing it I knew where every little thing was in my house. Now I'm lucky if I can find the puter!

When I first broke out in the oilfield, I would spend a week or so emptying out the parts house, scrubbing it out, then breaking apart all of the fittings and things that were just thrown in there and line all that stuff up and throw out all of the low pressure stuff. Parts houses are notorious for collecting kerosene heaters that don't work, so after I finish the inside I'd pull all the junkers out and try to repair them.

On some of those rigs we had crews that would throw tools down where they used them last so I'd figure out what they did while I was gone and almost always come back with a 5gal bucket full of muddy, greasy tools that had to be scrubbed up.

I shred every bit of mail that looks like credit apps., or if it has too much info in it.

Nasty trash cans caused by someone too lazy to put the bag in the can first drive me nutty, especially in the bathroom

Finding a CD/DVD/PC Disk lying around with no case has gotten mama a lot of earbanging.

On payday I always fill the tank. When I'm driving it the needle is never allowed under 1/4 tank without looking for the next station. She will run it on vapors quite often and has the nerve to bitch when she has to get the gas can and walk to the station.

• Review Team

I am a perfectionist in everything. Served me well in school but in life it can get draining.

My house has to be clean AND everything in its place.

I have to have the best holdiay decorations in the neighborhood.

I will think for months to come up with the perfect birthday or Christmas gift.

My desk at work has to be orderly and everything cleaned off if I am going to be gone for a couple of days.

That list could go on and on. :rolleyes:

When walking on a sidewalk, I avoid stepping on the cracks.

My closet is organized by type of clothing and color.

The empty hangers in the laundry room have to be hung by type and color.

I will not wear open-toes shoes without my toe nails being painted.

This list could go on and on, too! :huh:

• Members
I am a perfectionist in everything. Served me well in school but in life it can get draining.

My house has to be clean AND everything in its place.

I have to have the best holdiay decorations in the neighborhood.

I will think for months to come up with the perfect birthday or Christmas gift.

My desk at work has to be orderly and everything cleaned off if I am going to be gone for a couple of days.

That list could go on and on. :rolleyes:

When walking on a sidewalk, I avoid stepping on the cracks.

My closet is organized by type of clothing and color.

The empty hangers in the laundry room have to be hung by type and color.

I will not wear open-toes shoes without my toe nails being painted.

This list could go on and on, too! :huh:

Even thought my house is perfectly clean and in-order, it's not good enough...

I don't step in cracks either

There can never be extra hangers in my laundry room

There is no excuse for any female to were open-toe shoes without polish

Get my nails done 2x a week so they always look perfect

You can not wear shoes in my house, I don't care who you are, but I will supply with slippers that you can take home

coat closet is organized by person, season and color

Bar area is arranged by 1st-wine color then alphabetized/ liquor by size of bottle largest to smallest same with the additives

shades all have to be at the exact same hight, easy when there are window girds

on, and on, and on........

Like I said; I prefer to think of all these things as 'Personal Preferences'

• Review Team
There is no excuse for any female to were open-toe shoes without polish

THANK YOU!!!

OMG!!! How could I miss this post?? LMAO

I'm pretty bad.......OK, well, here goes:

*My car is MY car. I don't care if DH & I are married, but he has HIS truck, and I have MY car. And, in MY car, it's MY rules. Keep it clean, take your shit out of my car.

*I like to group my pics together in catagories on the computer.

*Our DVDs are sorted and displayed by genre. Don't mess with my system!

*My knick knacks have to be in groups, no matter what. Like, on top of the entertainment center, is JUST tigers, over my desk, Texas/cowboy stuff.

*My fingernails HAVE to be the same length, or as close as possible. Cuticles trimmed. I have clippers everywhere in the house to make sure they stay that way.

*If my DD gets a set (toys), I try really hard to keep all the pieces together. Sad, I know. LOL

*I have to carry lip gloss where ever I go. Plus hand cream. I hate dry hands & lips!

*When doing laundry, I sort by colors. No, not just "darks, lights, and whites", I'm talking black & gray, white, purple pink and red, blues, lighter colors like tan & yellow. They have to be done like that. Don't mess with my system.

*Another laundry thing: me and DD's clothes are hung up to dry, except socks. DH likes his clothes in the dryer. Towels go in the dryer (and only towels in their own washing load).

*My car NEEDS to be locked up at all times. Even in the driveway.

*Food in my cabinets is also "grouped".

*Having worked at TJ Maxx, you were trained to group stuff, and fold towels a certain way, so, yes, I still group stuff, AND I fold my towels like TJ Maxx does!! LOLI haven't worked there in over 10 yrs!

*I prefer sets, or matching stuff. Like, with my horse tack, I am working on everything being purple. My bathroom theme is purple & dragonflies, and I don't defer from that. All accessories are purple or dragonflies.

*If I read one book in a series, I HAVE to read the others, even if I don't care for the series. There's only been 3 series that I've been able to not do this with! LOL

*My books are grouped together by genre too.

*My magazines are grouped by name, then date.

*I CAN'T run out of anything. I stock up on EVERYTHING. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, dish detergent, condiments, personal hygiene stuff. I even have clothes for DD for her next 4 sizes up!! Not enough for an entire wardrobe, but I still have a start (shoes too).

*My photo albums are numbers and sorted by time-frames.

*I'm unusually anal about my spelling. I make mistakes, but I hate that!! LOL I will edit a post 10 times to get it all right! Even if my point is made.

*My sex toys are even grouped!

*My perfume bottles have to go from biggest/tallest on down. I like them organized.

• Members
Oh man, do we have enough space on the board for this??? OK, I will give a few:

(1) Every night I check every window and door in the house. Every one. Every night.

(2) I can not go to sleep if there is any mess in the house. Not even mess, more like things out of place. Once I was in the middle of sex afterglow wondering if my hubby put the whipped cream we were using away. I went naked to the kitchen to check.

(3) I iron my t-shirts, towels, sheets and my kids clothes. Even if they are just hanging around the house.

(4) I have to drink a half frozen, icy bottle of water before I go to work out, one during my workout and at LEAST a total of 5 bottles a day.

(5) I eat my breakfasts in rotation. A 3 day rotation, it never varies.

(6) My children have specific coat hooks, and if they reverse them, I have to move them back.

(7) my cabinets are alphabetical order

(8) I have a wipe board on my freezer, all the things in it are listed. When something comes out, I have to erase it from the list. Add when we shop.

(9) I vacuum twice a day, everyday. I have a mini-vacuum to vaccuum my vaccum's filter. I do that between vaccuming.

(10) I mop my kitchen floor every night.

(11) I clean my bathroom daily, scrub the tub every 3 days

(12) My books (and my children's books) are all stacked by height, largest to smallest

(13) My recyclable containers are arranged in alphabetical order: cans, cardboard,glass, paper, plastic

(14) I 'remake' the bed every morning, even though my hubby makes it

(15) When I grocery shop, I arrange my cart in zones: boxed goods, cans, frozen foods, delicates (chips, bread) and I bag it as such

(16) If a lightbulb burns out, I HAVE to change it. Now. Can't wait.

(17) I disinfect my counters every night. Even though they are clean, I disinfect them. I also disinfect all the toys 3 times a day.

(18) My poor kids, when we do window clingers for the holidays, I let them put them on, but move them when they go to sleep so they are even and look appealing. I am sorry boys!

(19) I try, REALLY try, to get every leaf off my lawn when it is fall

(20) My table chairs at my table must be even and put in

Oh I could go on and on and on....

Wow and I thought I was bad.....How many hours do you have in your day??? LOL I was tired just reading this list....More power to you girl!!!!

• Members

I spent the better part of a day arranging my DVD by the lead actor/actress. So far I've been lucky enough that any double billing fits at the end of one group and begins the next.

• Members

For me, it is definitely a compulsion. I have 24 hours in my day, and 22 of them I am busy! LOL.

thanks to this post I have noticed all the other odd things I do. I can add more to my list.

I do everything in order, scheduled, and if someone does something off schedule, it bothers me.

I clean my windows once a week - whether they look dirty or not - and if my dog puts a nose print (or my kids) I HAVE to clean it.

The remotes for our media equipment are arranged via size - and if my son moves one, I get irked

I can't have one lightbulb in a set (chandeliers, bathroom) out

I go through my 15 month old's toys every night and put all the parts together with each toy and all the blocks are arranged by color, or alphabetically if they are alphabet blocks

My sex toys are aranged in boxes, always in their original packaging if possible. I ahve a 'current fave' box, a 'not for me' box, a 'rotation box' etc.

My basement has tons of containers, all arranged neatly and labeled. The decorations for each holiday are arranged by time of year

I have an ice machine. I have to fill one glass of ice first, before I will fill MY glass. Then I have to melt all the ice I just dumped in the sink completely

If a smudge gets on my child's coat, I have to fix it

I have tide to go pens stashed everywhere...3 in the car, one in diaper bag, one in my purse, one by the laundry, two in the kitchen, one upstairs

This is something I just noticed last night: I burn a lot of candles, and I have 3 fall scents. I seem to rotate them unconsciously every 3 days to burn a new scent

Oh Lord, I need a shrink.....

• Members

OCD...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.....RIGHT?? I didn't know it was a disorder. I always have to double and triple check the doors are locked b4 I jump in my truck to go anywhere. And yes I have turned around and gone home to check.

In some circles this is called 'being ANAL'. A college instructor called me ANAL back in '95 or '96. I let that stew in my head for 3 or 4 days before I asked her what the hell she meant by that.

I think it's more of a need to be a perfectionist or at the very least really tidy. OK I have a few more OCDs.

1) I am a stockpiler. I have groceries coming out of my ears most of the time. Usually have a 1 year supply of TP on hand. I buy winter and summer sox 1 to 3 or 4 years ahead. Up until recently I had 3 or 4 brand new Hickory shirts in their wrappers. I have 5 or more flannel shirts in reserve too. I am 2 pairs ahead on work boots. I have 4 pairs of Romeo slipper shoes. I also stockpile 5w-20WT oil for my truck, litebulbs, laundry soap, shampoo. , you name it...I got it.

2) I am not as fussy as I used to be but I put can goods facing out. Veges, beans,stew,canned meats in my big cupboards over the sink. My second cubby has soups,fruit (pineapple-mandarin oranges) condiments, cocoa,cider and olives. Plus I keep a stash of Pepto, coughdrops, aspirin and some odds/ends. In my overflow cubbord I keep my likker and coffee flavor syrups and more assorted can goods. In my bedroom I have another stash of coughdrops. Plus more canned goods.

3) My front room is a disaster 98% of the time. Like now. But my huge book cabinet (which actually is a china buffet cabinet) is FULL OF BOOKS. Many of my favorite knickknacks ar in there too in order.

4) When I buy stamps I go to the Post Office and deal with people. I like to get the coolest stamps I can find. I have 5 or 6 full sheets of .32 POW-MIA stamps in my gun safe. I just use them for special occasions. I have 16 .37 John Wayne stamps for the same reason.

5) When I go camping I load my truck a certain way every time. When I set up my camp I orient my tent door to take advantage of prevailing winds. As I unload I set up my tent first. The rack goes in then my woodstove is set up. I set up my grub box and ice chests. I set out my tradegoods. I get a stove lit and kick back. I do all of this within 3 hours of reaching my final destination. I've never had to set up after dark and if I get there after dark I just sleep in my truck.

6) Back when I worked at the park I had a shitload and a half of tools. I was pretty anal about my tools since 99.5% of my tools were MINE not the parks. I kept my tools clean and in a certain order. My biggest pet peeve is people borrowing a tool and not returning it or returning it dirty or broken. To give you an example of how many tools I have it took me 3.5 hours to go thru everything returning Park parts,uniforms, safety gear,etc. and load a 4 piece rolloway tool chest and 5 tool bags. Plus I had larger hand tools sledges, digging bars,shovels etc.

7) Long before gas was inching up to $4 gal in my area I fill up at 1/2 a tank. I ran out of gas once with a friends car and swore it would NEVER happen again. It never has since 1976 or so.

8) Well I think thats enuf about me in this department...

• Members

Wow, no wonder we all love sex so much........ It helps us let go of some of that anxiety. Now if I could only all the other stuff.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
For me, it is definitely a compulsion. I have 24 hours in my day, and 22 of them I am busy! LOL.

thanks to this post I have noticed all the other odd things I do. I can add more to my list.

I do everything in order, scheduled, and if someone does something off schedule, it bothers me.

I clean my windows once a week - whether they look dirty or not - and if my dog puts a nose print (or my kids) I HAVE to clean it.

The remotes for our media equipment are arranged via size - and if my son moves one, I get irked

I can't have one lightbulb in a set (chandeliers, bathroom) out

I go through my 15 month old's toys every night and put all the parts together with each toy and all the blocks are arranged by color, or alphabetically if they are alphabet blocks

My sex toys are aranged in boxes, always in their original packaging if possible. I ahve a 'current fave' box, a 'not for me' box, a 'rotation box' etc.

My basement has tons of containers, all arranged neatly and labeled. The decorations for each holiday are arranged by time of year

I have an ice machine. I have to fill one glass of ice first, before I will fill MY glass. Then I have to melt all the ice I just dumped in the sink completely

If a smudge gets on my child's coat, I have to fix it

I have tide to go pens stashed everywhere...3 in the car, one in diaper bag, one in my purse, one by the laundry, two in the kitchen, one upstairs

This is something I just noticed last night: I burn a lot of candles, and I have 3 fall scents. I seem to rotate them unconsciously every 3 days to burn a new scent

Oh Lord, I need a shrink.....

LOL love your posts....somethings may seem ocd but I think most of it is just being on top of things and being a good mother and wife. You werent kidding when you said 22 out of 24 hrs you are busy. lol

• Members

All my can goods have to be grouped and labels face out so I can see what I have.

Everything in my home has its place....and if its put in the wrong place that irks me.

sometimes I think my hubby and kids do things just to get me going lol....like our dogs food and water bowls....It has to be food bowl then water....if they do it the other way around I have to change it....same thing with salt and pepper shakers....if its pepper then salt that bothers me.

lol this was a good topic....somethings I didnt even think of until I sat down to write this....and I am sure I have more