Official Community Forums Home

Do You Have A Tattoo? Do You Find Them Sexy?

Tyger

I have 2 tattoos.

I have a Firebird (yes, from the Pontiac car, 1973 decal to be exact). It's pretty big, on the small of my back. That was my first.

My second is a white tiger, about a foot long or so, on my upper right thigh.

I find them sexy, if they are on a woman, if they are delicate, and tasteful. I don't think facial, or arm tattoos (unless they are really small) are good on a woman's body. I don't like the ones on the neck either. Or the homemade ones.

On men, upper arm ones are nice, if done professionally, and tastefully. I LOVE tribal armbands!! There is a point where there are too many tattoos on a person, IMO at least.

• Members
I have 2 tattoos.

I have a Firebird (yes, from the Pontiac car, 1973 decal to be exact). It's pretty big, on the small of my back. That was my first.

My second is a white tiger, about a foot long or so, on my upper right thigh.

I find them sexy, if they are on a woman, if they are delicate, and tasteful. I don't think facial, or arm tattoos (unless they are really small) are good on a woman's body. I don't like the ones on the neck either. Or the homemade ones.

On men, upper arm ones are nice, if done professionally, and tastefully. I LOVE tribal armbands!! There is a point where there are too many tattoos on a person, IMO at least.

I have the words "Good Fortune" across the back of my left shoulder in tribute to my father who passed away last year. He had the same tattoo done when he was in Vietnam as a Army special forces advisor

in 1965-66. Soldiers have lots of superstitions, and he thinks this got him out alive. My father fought in Korea and Vietnam, but died of prostate cancer. Great man, and the tattoo makes me think of him everyday.

Telcom

• Members

That is a great reason to get a Tat, Telecom!

I have a tribal tattoo on the small of my back. I wanted something classic, that meant something to me, that would never go out of style, and that would only be revealed to people I wanted to reveal it to (lovers) or if I wore low jeans or short shirts.

I agree that tattoos should either mean something or be symbolic. I think that makes them more special.

Mikayla :rolleyes:

• Members

I have 4, well 5 if you include the cross thats smaller than a dime on my forearm.

On my right ankle I have a chinese dragon anklet,it represents me gaurding my 3 girls(the roses) and my son (the sun)

I have a tribal dragon wrapped around a heart, it means if you want to get to my heart, you have to get past the wall that surrounds it.

on my right shoulder I have a large heart with wings and a tail,

it covers up another of the same design that had my ex husbands name in it,

it symbolizes the moving on of that part of my life.

On my left upper arm I have a small mandella, it has a wolf howling in front of the mountains with grey clouds covering them.

In side the inner circle it has my sons name and his dates, 12-8-89

12-8-02 it is his memorial tattoo.

Yeah I find them sexy as well, it depends on the person who has them as well.

I mean a 600 pound man making a mermaid on his arm dance, is just wrong on so many differant levels.

Along with the women who wear nothing but black and look like they fell face down in an open tackle box with flames runing up their arms are just plain out scary sometimes.

I think the anklet tattoos are sexy.

Some of the small of the back tats are sexy as well.

I think a lot of the perception of sexy tats lies within the fact that they are coverable, if a person can put on a t shirt and cover it, we find it sexy.

This probably is because of the stigma behind sex and tattoos, our society has taught women that sex is a duty and tattoos are taboo.

In my time of adolecence, the only women who had tattoos were either the ones getting out of prison, or the ones who rode in a gang of bikers.

Now these women are approaching 50 + and they all have snakes wrapped around swords on their arms or flaming hearts with a skull bursting through etc.

Most of these women got them to show how much tougher they were than everyone else, as did the men of that era.

Now most of the tattoos we see have some sort of meaning linked to them.

most of todays tattoo bearers have their ink in spots that are easily concealed until they choose when and who will see it.

Just like sex, the person who is inked controls who, when, and where.

• Members

I love tattoos, and would like to have one, but I can never decide what or where. :) Plus, the idea of the pain kinda scares me off. How much do they really hurt? I know it depends on where on your body you get one. Most recently I have been considering the symbol for bdsm. I like that because your average person wouldn't know what it was, but those in the lifestyle would. Don't know though. I'm not sure I'd want something like that on me forever. :) That's the other thing that always hung me up about it, choosing something you can live with forever. :) See if it's something that has meaning to you like telecom's dad or whiskeywoman's son, then I think it's a really awesome thing to do. I don't know, I'd still like to have one. :)

• Members

Bondagejunkie,

If you were to get a tattoo, would you want it someplace only your lover would see it?

Or would you want it someplace easily hidden by clothing, yet if you chose to wear a certain piece of clothing allowing all to see?

Yes, they are forever, so a design you adore would be another good starting place.

You said something about the BDSM symbol, how about a whip and a rose entwined?

There is no rules saying you absolutely MUST get an old fashioned cookie cutter tattoo.

As for the pain, I can explain it like this, it feels like a bee sting or a sunburn.

I interviewed a Dom/sub couple for a research paper I am writing.

She described herself as hitting"subspace" during the process.

I fell asleep during mine, the artist woke me up, then I spent the next 3 hours reading a book.

It all depends on if you are able to handle pain or not, some people scream and cry and yell OUCH a lot, others say nothing.

• Members

I'm pretty good with pain, but I had been told it was very painful. But if it is more like a bee sting or sunburn, I think I could handle it. :) I would want it somewhere where it could be covered up, but not so personal that I couldn't show it to others besides my lover. I was watching that show Miami Ink and saw a woman that got one on the back of her neck. I kinda liked that. She could leave her hair down if she didn't want anyone to see it. I also love the look of a tattoo on the lower back, for a women. I wasn't thinking of anything as obvious as a whip, although I like the idea of the whip/rose you described. I was looking at a bdsm website that had jewelry and there was a necklace that had an actual bdsm symbol that represents the lifestyle on it. I really liked that. I was thinking more along those lines. It's a circle with three lines in it, similar to a peace sign but slightly warped. :) It has alot of symbolism behind it that relates to the lifestyle. If you're interested here's a link where you can see it and read about the meaning behind it. http://members.aol.com/quagmyr/meaning.htm The more I think about it, the more I like it. Now, if I can only get the nerve up to go and get it done. :) Course, I'd definitely have to talk to my fiancee first. I don't know how he feels about tattoos on women.

• Members
I'm pretty good with pain, but I had been told it was very painful. But if it is more like a bee sting or sunburn, I think I could handle it. :) I would want it somewhere where it could be covered up, but not so personal that I couldn't show it to others besides my lover. I was watching that show Miami Ink and saw a woman that got one on the back of her neck. I kinda liked that. She could leave her hair down if she didn't want anyone to see it. I also love the look of a tattoo on the lower back, for a women. I wasn't thinking of anything as obvious as a whip, although I like the idea of the whip/rose you described. I was looking at a bdsm website that had jewelry and there was a necklace that had an actual bdsm symbol that represents the lifestyle on it. I really liked that. I was thinking more along those lines. It's a circle with three lines in it, similar to a peace sign but slightly warped. :) It has alot of symbolism behind it that relates to the lifestyle. If you're interested here's a link where you can see it and read about the meaning behind it. http://members.aol.com/quagmyr/meaning.htm The more I think about it, the more I like it. Now, if I can only get the nerve up to go and get it done. :) Course, I'd definitely have to talk to my fiancee first. I don't know how he feels about tattoos on women.

Yes, I have a tattoo as well. Go figure that it would be a dolphin. And it says Tracey underneath it. It is on the back of my right shoulder, if I want to show it off, I can. It shows when I wear tank tops, and especially spaghetti straps, and if I don't want it seen, well, then I just wear a shirt with sleeves. I collect dolphins and have many. My living room has dolphins everywhere, including my curtains, lol

I want another one, just haven't done it yet, but it too will be my name, only it will be in the gujarati language(hindi), for those that are not familiar. I speak a little hindi, not much. But I love the way my name looks in their language.

I also want one with my 3 boys names on it, I just haven't decided on where and what exactly I want for that one.

• Members

I have 8 Tatoos , I on my right hand(butterfly and roses w/daughters name) Left Wrist(brother who passed away) an eagle on my chest since it is my favorite bird, a rose on my rt shoulder blade,butterfly on the left one, each calf has a cross and a rose in memory of my son that passes away and the other is my daughters father. And Yes I have one where most ppl would say OUCH!! I have a rose and a heart , the rose is just above my pelvic bone and the heart continues down threw my vaginal area and wraps around and ends at my butt. I love tatoos and find the very sexy if placed right.

I have to say though none of them really hurt but the one on my vaginal area but it was extremely close to a pleasurable pain with the vibration. :)

fb_tattoo.jpg

Here is a pic of my first tattoo. I had the outline done first, which took a little over 2 hours. I was very thin, and it is in sensitive area, oh, and I may mention I am a wuss!! So I kept having him stop. But he did 4 lines to make it thick, and it hurt like hell!! Anyway, I love it, it's my fav one. Hope you like it!!

The one on my thigh hurt, but not as bad. More fat there I guess. ;)

• Members

Yes i find tatoos sexy- not too many just sumthing small, delicate n tribal- sum,thing with meaning, and original! i find hip tattoos v.hot! and upper arm tats on men!

ive got 2 tattoos- got 3 stars on my inner wrist, then got a quote written in small itallics on my lowe bak reading:

'to live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in that suffering'

• Members

I dont have any but want one. I plan on getting one very soon just dont know what it will be and as for where well my shoulder or lower back. I think they are very sexy and that also depends on where and what they are......my hb has 2 he was in the navy when he got them both.......and he said that it hurt like hell......but after giving birth i think i can take the "pain" of a tattoo.........I also did my own piercing(ears only....lobes 2xs each and upper ear 2xs) so how much worse can the pain really be,,,,,right?