Official Community Forums Home

Kids And Sex Toys

• Members

Ok, it finally happened. I have been dreading this day and it finally happened. My 4-almost 5 year old son was playing hide and seek with a friend, went under our bed and opened one of the two storage containers that safely (so I thought) harbor my 100 + sex toys! They were way to quiet, so up I go to find him and his little friend turning the buttons on and off to one of my rabitt vibes!

"Hey Mom...what is THIS," squeals my son in absolute pleasure and joy!

Calmly, I say, "This is one of Mommy's toys honey, now why don't you and "Johnny" go downstairs and play."

"But MOMMA, what does it DO," he asked, genuinely interested now.

"None of your beeswax honey," I say, still calm, but getting angry that "Johnny" is about to squirt my Eros lube all over my bedspread!

Ugghhhhh......situation deflected, I now I have to find a new place to put my toys, cause my son will come back to play with more of Mommy's hidden treasures. I know, you think "just lock the doors!" We have an old, old house and the doors do not lock as they are supposed to, and sometimes they get stuck and we have to take the whole doorknob off to get the lock off. Too much trouble. One of my friends suggested a new dresser drawer just to house my toys. Shaaahhh, like I am buying a new Cherry dresser just for sex toys. I love em' I don't love em' that much. I could put them in the basement, then I would have to travel downstairs, and dowstairs again to get what I wanted, then go back downstairs, and downstairs again to put them away...no thanks.

So, guys...help....I can't get rid of them.....I can't throw some or give some away....what can I do to keep my toys safe from my child. What do you parents out there do??? HELLLPPP!!!

Mikayla <_<

• Members

My fiancee and I have discussed this same problem, especially since alot of our toys tend more toward bdsm. Right now I just keep them in my trunk in a box that has butterflies on it. If we want it then we get it out. It's really inconvenient and the kids have seen the box and are dying to know what's in it. Especially his three year old girl! She is into everything! We've decided to get a safe or some kind of box with a lock on it for after we're married, but then, we don't have 100+ toys, so I don't know if you could find a box with a lock on it that they would all fit in. Maybe more than one? That would be my suggestion though. My fiancee's little girl was always getting into his tackle box and playing with his hooks until he got one that had a lock on it. Don't know if this would work for you, but I think it would be better than just trying to hide them. There's always a chance that they could find your hiding place, and like you said you don't want to stop everything to go hunting your toys when you want them. :) This way they could still be in your room and be kid safe. :) Maybe you could have something built that would work. Just an idea. :)

• Members
Ok, it finally happened. I have been dreading this day and it finally happened. My 4-almost 5 year old son was playing hide and seek with a friend, went under our bed and opened one of the two storage containers that safely (so I thought) harbor my 100 + sex toys! They were way to quiet, so up I go to find him and his little friend turning the buttons on and off to one of my rabitt vibes!

"Hey Mom...what is THIS," squeals my son in absolute pleasure and joy!

Calmly, I say, "This is one of Mommy's toys honey, now why don't you and "Johnny" go downstairs and play."

"But MOMMA, what does it DO," he asked, genuinely interested now.

"None of your beeswax honey," I say, still calm, but getting angry that "Johnny" is about to squirt my Eros lube all over my bedspread!

Ugghhhhh......situation deflected, I now I have to find a new place to put my toys, cause my son will come back to play with more of Mommy's hidden treasures. I know, you think "just lock the doors!" We have an old, old house and the doors do not lock as they are supposed to, and sometimes they get stuck and we have to take the whole doorknob off to get the lock off. Too much trouble. One of my friends suggested a new dresser drawer just to house my toys. Shaaahhh, like I am buying a new Cherry dresser just for sex toys. I love em' I don't love em' that much. I could put them in the basement, then I would have to travel downstairs, and dowstairs again to get what I wanted, then go back downstairs, and downstairs again to put them away...no thanks.

So, guys...help....I can't get rid of them.....I can't throw some or give some away....what can I do to keep my toys safe from my child. What do you parents out there do??? HELLLPPP!!!

Mikayla <_<

About three years ago my then 14 yr old son was nosey and going through our bedroom and found a dildo. That was VERY embarrasing for my then wife and I at his age. I think he may have even said something to his friends. I was furious.

Telecom

• Members

My son is young enough now that explanations are not necessary, but I am thinking toward the future. I can't have a 10 year old showing his friends "hey look, my Mommy is so horny she has 200 sex toys!" uggghhhh!

I definitely think I need a lockable box, that can fit under the bed and is not see through. I might have to have one made - I wonder how much that will cost. Boy oh boy the stuff I go through for my fun.

BTW, Bondagejunkie, I suppose I should reconsider keeping the restraints on my basement wall up, huh? The questions will be about those soon too!

Mikayla

Thats way to funny. I to got busted for toys but it was a bit more embarassing.

My inlaws were babysitting so my wife and me could go to dinner. The problem

was they had brought their dog over. Yep, you guessed it, the dog dragged the

Cardboard box with vibe and several attachments from under the bed.

My kids are gone now but we started to put them up on the top shelf closet.

The inlaws did'nt say much. :D

• Members

Ha ha. :) You're right. I was thinking the same thing. I've been kinda wanting to have some sort of permanent setup for our restraints when we're married but don't want to have to explain that one. :) I don't think, 'don't worry about it, it's nothing' will work for very long. :)

So where can you get one of these lockable adult toy boxes? That sounds like a good idea. :)

• Members

Thanks for your response Howard. However, there are 2 problems with the chest of drawers idea. First, remember I am high maintenance and Obessive/Compulsive. I have CHERRY furniture in my room - new Cherry furniture. I can't louse it up with old furniture - not even for my beloved sex toys - not to mention including icky padlocks - shahhh.

Second, "the kids have to know to just stay out!" Uh, what says, "try to pick this lock, something good is inside" more than a bunch of locked drawers Mom says stay out of?????

I know my child, and I know how I was as a child. It has to be hidden AND locked. There is no way my child is staying out my locked drawers. Call it disrespectful, call it whatever, but it ain't gonna happen. Curiousity is normal - and unfortunately, I have to be prepared for that!

Mikayla ;)

• Members

Mikayla,

I always wondered how you could keep your sone from finding your toys. I dont have anywhere near as many as you so I have a nightstand that the drawer locks on and so far it works. Now I do plan on getting more so then I will be looking for something as you are. I'm thinking of something like a hopechest type of deal something that wont beg to be noticed and also something that I can safely say there is nothing in there that is very interesting.....I know some have a bottome level and a top....so maybe keep the toys on the bottom and other stuff just on top so little eyes wont see.

Oh the joys of motherhood.......lol when they are quiet you just KNOW they are up to something.

• Members
Thanks for your response Howard. However, there are 2 problems with the chest of drawers idea. First, remember I am high maintenance and Obessive/Compulsive. I have CHERRY furniture in my room - new Cherry furniture. I can't louse it up with old furniture - not even for my beloved sex toys - not to mention including icky padlocks - shahhh.

Second, "the kids have to know to just stay out!" Uh, what says, "try to pick this lock, something good is inside" more than a bunch of locked drawers Mom says stay out of?????

I know my child, and I know how I was as a child. It has to be hidden AND locked. There is no way my child is staying out my locked drawers. Call it disrespectful, call it whatever, but it ain't gonna happen. Curiousity is normal - and unfortunately, I have to be prepared for that!

Mikayla ;)

I Liked the idea of a cedar chest - and they have those nice ones with the cushioned tops that also lock.

When I was in the business of selling adult novelties, my step kids were still young enough to be able to hide them and I explained to them that the bedroom closet was off limits (just like they had their privacy, I needed mine) and kept it all locked up. And, I had waaaaay more product on hand than I did for personal use lol. Strangely enough, the only mishap I had was when I left a pen on the dining room table with one of those penis erasers on it. My husband came into the bedroom and said "I think you left something out on the table last night" oops. The kids had already been up, but ... they never mentioned it.

I too have lived in older homes and understand how difficult it can be to have functioning locked doors.

But, you're right - kids will be kids and locked items just add fuel to the curiosity. All we can do is try our hardest to make them understand the word PRIVACY lol Good luck haha hahahaha (still laughing as I hit 'add reply'

• Members

I don't know about where you life but around here we have great flea markets and estate sales. My be you could find a trunk that wpould fit your needs. I know my sister had a trunk that they would cover with a nice blanket or runner at the end of their bed. It blended in with the decor and the kids hardly noticed it. It was like a table to them. Also there are amoires. We have one for your entertainment center now but I am sure you could modify it. The thing that I like is that they can have locks put on them or already installed. They probably even com in cherry. If you got one that had two levels like an entertanment center you could put a TV or stereo on top so the kids just thought of it as a "TV stand" and in the bottom store the boxes for your toys. Only to be brought out by you.

• Members

Mikayla, I have to say I have had that problem, but at the time my daughter was six. So what I did was I went to Walmart and believe it or not bought a plastice tub for mine. I have a walk in closet and so I put my toys into the tub and up into the walk in closet on the top shelve there. I myself have all cherry wood in my home and didnt want something that was not matching or shall I say goddie. Since I am as others will tell you a neat freak so they call me and everything has to be in its place.

Here is another Idea, I also have a waterbed, cherry wood with doors underneath, I at times because once I am done playing with them do not feel like trying to put them back into the top shelf of the closet and I have been known to forget to put them back. There is a door that goes to the space under the water bed, so my husband went to Home Depot and bought a nice lock for the door, so when I am done playing with them ect, and I dont feel like putting them back into the closet I put them there. The lock is very small and he painted it so it is really hard to notice.

I have to so I know how what that is like and the are so curious at that age. I think I told you that I have five kids and I have always had that fear until the day came that I caught my six year old daughter with one of my toys in her hand and ask what is this and why do you have it and what do you do with it and can i have one to play with. I have to say I did pretty much the same thing you did, I said to her it is just a toy and that right now she was a little to young for me to explain it all to her and that she is never aloud to come in my room without knocking on the wall on the way up the stairs... Well Mikayla I see alot of post on this subject but I know you have alot more then me but I hope that these two ideas help.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

• Members

Thanks Katprr.....and everyone else.

I originally had my toys in 2, large, flat plastic containers with wheels that I bought at Target. I had them organized in a way that is WAY TO ANAL to even discribe online - but the one on the right side of the bed was my more frequently used and that was where my son and his lil' buddy were playing. My closet is not that large (I know, hard to believe that I do not have a walk-in closet - my next house will have) and my clothes take up 80% of it, with a mere 20% for my hubby - there is NO ROOM for sex toy boxes in there, plus - those suckers are HEAVY already, and my collection continues to grow.

I have considered the hope chest idea, but I already have a hope chest that my grandma left to me, and it is FULL with other things - so I don't really want 2, plus my dog sleeps at the end of our bed (she has a large dog pillow there) so another hope chest doesn't really work. We already have 3 large dressers in the room, so I am not sure how adding another would work as far as space. I am really thinking my only option is an under the bed, lockable-type box. Money is not as much of a problem as size. The idea of an "ammo box" kind of creeps me out, but whatever works.

I may have to resort to sorting out my toys, putting my less frequently used in the basement, and then getting a smaller box for the more frequently used and going from there. In a way, that might be better. I can sort of revisit my toys and they will be like new again!

Thanks for all the ideas thus far guys!

Mikayla :D

• Members

Howard is the leader of the good idea for this one. Get a small flat lockable case that you can slide under the bed and not worry about. If you have hardwood floors, fire a little felt on the corners so it won't scratch them. Keep it simple and low key.

• Members

Mikayla,

Sounds to me like you answered your own problem. From what you have said about your closet size and furniture I think your best bet would be to get a lockable under the bed box for some of your toys and switch every now and then and like you said a revisit from some hardly used ones maybe good as well.

Im sure as your collection grows and your child gets older you would have had to do something else with them at some point......better now then later when he understands more and you would have to explain.

• Members

With so many toys im sure you knew this day would come. I cant offer any advice just wanted to say sounds like having kids ( or in your case Mikayla only one child) makes it tough at some point to have your own life.....meaning being able to have your sex toys and having to make sure you hide them and/or put them away after a long night of fun.

From past posts you have said how you and hubby get it on.....long nights of wild sex etc...so I was just curious as to how does one go about this with a child home or children? I know you wait til the kid(s) are asleep but what if they wake up and youre not done.......what if they ask what was that noise I heard from your room........or what if they walk in on the action?

Just curious........dont let past topics keep you from posting back to me

have a nice day and keep posting

Kitty

• Members
With so many toys im sure you knew this day would come. I cant offer any advice just wanted to say sounds like having kids ( or in your case Mikayla only one child) makes it tough at some point to have your own life.....meaning being able to have your sex toys and having to make sure you hide them and/or put them away after a long night of fun.

From past posts you have said how you and hubby get it on.....long nights of wild sex etc...so I was just curious as to how does one go about this with a child home or children? I know you wait til the kid(s) are asleep but what if they wake up and youre not done.......what if they ask what was that noise I heard from your room........or what if they walk in on the action?

Just curious........dont let past topics keep you from posting back to me

have a nice day and keep posting

Kitty

Years ago my five year old son walked into the bedroom late at night while we were having sex. We didn't even hear the door open in the dark. I felt someone was in the room and turned on the light, and there is my son watching us. He just looked at us and said "that was gross", and walked away and went back to bed.

Telecom

• Members

Well, our situation, for the time being, is a bit deflected because our son gets locked into his room at night because he sleep walks. So, he can't get out unless he calls for us and we come and unlock the special gate which is attached to his door jamb. Therfore, if we are in the middle of sex, foreplay, or what have you and he wakes up to go to the bathroom or because he is scared, one of us simply goes and gets him and takes care of him.

I have been in the middle of sex and had to go take care of him - it is Mother's duty first, and wife's duty second - luckily, my hubby understands and just waits until I come back.

So, for now, that is how we deal with it.

Mikayla :rolleyes:

Also, try one of those college lockers? They come in a variety of sizes, due to dorms being small and crowded. Or even a single (or even 2) drawer file cabinet. Use it as a little nightstand or something, lock it, and put the key somewhere safe in the bedroom, like a jewelry case.

Right now, I have what little we have in a plastic tub under the bed, but I will have to get a small case or something soon.

Good luck!! Kids are quite resourceful!!! :ph34r:

Well if you can fit all your toys or at least your favorite toys into a dresser drawer, or some type of drawer system that fits under your bed, you could always get those child locks at a Baby Store or Home Depot. You attach it on the inside of the drawer and there is a magnet that allows you to unlock it.

The product that I have seen and use at my house is called a Tot Lok System. I think a starter set is sold in the New York area for about $12.00.

Now older children who can manipulate how to rub the magnet along the drawer will be able to undo the lock but younger kids can not get in unless they rip the door off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It occurs to me that this topic is way old, but you could also try getting creative with hiding spaces in pre-existing furniture.

I only have 1 toy and it's brand new, but I have a space for it under my mattress...I have a daybed, and it has big drawers underneath, and there's a safe spot between the drawer and the headboard where I can hide things. If you can find little places like that with your furniture, it should help with storage.

I realize you have way more toys to deal with, but I figure that it might help you keep more of your favorites within reach and out of the basement. ;)

<3 natalie

LOL Ok this could turn into a game kinda like how many people can you fit in a VW Bug or Phone booth.

:P How many toys can you fit in the box.

LOL My father happens to carry a tool box that doesn't look like a tool box for work.

You could change it to a locking toy box..that would fit under your bed no problem.

Examples can be found at: http://www.casesandmore.com/Lockable-Latch...639%7E6638.html

Good Luck

• Members

OK, this has been bugging me for a while, and I have a suggestion.

Have you ever thought about another hope chest?

Take the stuff out of your grandmas, and put it in the new one, put your toys in the chest in your room.

The new chest could go in the basement or your sons room?

Wait, strike that idea, small boys and anything with height do not mix well.

Ask my couch, itll tell ya.

My son came out with a beach towel wrapped around his neck and his spiderman pj bottems on.

He ran around the house doing the whole superhero music thing,

I laughed and asked him who he was, he said in his best deep superhero voice "I am super glue"

Then jumped up on my couch and fell down behind it.

I laughed my self into a case of the hiccups, then I heard him say "Uh mom, a little help please? super glue is stuck"

I literally fell down on the ground in absolute hysterics,

that was the best one I had ever heard, well that one and the "whoosh cliff"

• Members

Mikayla im sure by now you came up with something so im curious to know what it was......just what was the answer to hiding the toys from your son thus far.......did you go for the other hope chest or have something made?