Official Community Forums Home

How Did You Meet Your So?

• Members

How did everyone meet their SO? Was there drama involved? Or did it work out smoothly? When did you know they were the one? Was it love at first sight?? Give us all the juicy details.

;)

This is rather funny, I met my hubby at a bar of all places!! I had been with "Junior" that night, and wasn't really looking for anything. But Junior told me that his sister really didn't approve of me cuz I was 8 yrs his senior, and that he was gonna go to her house for supper, and I was expressedly NOT invited. So, I was feeling a bit dejected at that point.

So, I went to a country bar for some harmless flirting. His friend actually hit on me first, and I went on about 4 dates with him, then decided to stop seeing his friend, and told him that, and he (my DH) told me that if I stopped seeing his friend, then there was nothing preventing me from going out on a date with him, right? So, stunned I said, oh so eloquantly, "uhhhhh, sure?" :rolleyes: I know, how intelligent I must've sounded, huh? Well, a little over a year later, we were married, and here I am!!

• Members

OMG!!! I can so relate Tyger!!! I also met my husband in a bar. A country bar at that. Let me go back a year ago.....

I went to Florida, and my sons dad flew to Tampa, just to take and drive me home in my own car. Well, when we got back to Tusa, we went to the bar. I told my sons dad that the best thing to top this whole thing off was a brand new shiny diamond ring. He looked at me jokingly and said "shit, dream on!" This really hurt my feelings considering everything he had just done for me in the past 72 hours. Well, about that time a guy walked up, looked at me, and handed me a dollar folded into a ring and asked me right in front of my sons dad "If I give you a ring, will you marry me?". Keep in mind, I had no clue who this guy was, never seen him ever in my life, and hes asking me to marry him,,,, IN FRONT OF MY KIDS DAD!!!! My sons dad got a lil upset said a few words and that was it.

Flash forward 6 months. I had just broke up with my boyfriend, which was not my sons dad, and I was back at the same bar. I am standing there with my friends and some strange guy is staring at me. I wave thinking that maybe he would go away. The next thing I know, my friend walks up to me with this guy and tells me "Dionne, this is Brad. Brad this is Dionne. There! You 2 are reintroduced, see you later. Bye!" I asked him who he was and he reminded me. I remembered.

We spent a couple of months together and we were lying in bed ( we hadnt even had sex yet!!!!) and I look at him and say "that would be funnie, if we really did get married" he said "yea it would.... Ya want to?" I asked him if he really loved me and he said "since the day we met Ive always went back to the bar looking for you." A couple of days later, we got my ring, a 2.5 carat diamond antique ring and we set a date of April 13, 2007. Today is December 3rd, 2007 and we are happily married.

Honestly the cutest couple a country bar in Tulsa ever made!

• Members

My first interaction with my wife, way way back in high school when we all did stupid things, was with her and 2 other girls cornering me and threatening to beat me up. Yeah, I know, but give me a break I was very small for my age and had nothing resembling muscle. Funnily enough, after that incident I got to be friends with the woman who would later become my wife because when you're that small you learn to talk fast and speak convincingly. Our relationship was purely a friendship from my sophomore year onward and I would date other girls and always go to her for advice. I even set her up with one of my friends. The thing is that I had been attracted to her from the get-go but I was too insecure to say anything because she was a WHOLE YEAR OLDER!! I know, also pathetic. Ultimately she graduated and we kept in touch, then I graduated and went into the military and wrote her frequently but ultimately lost touch. When I got out I enrolled in classes in the local University and guess who was there at the front desk? Yup. We got to talking, I had new confidence from the military, and our friendship renewed, restrengthened, and eventually grew into what is today. All the people who knew us could say when we started dating was "Well it's about time!!" Now we're married and like everyone else we have our ups and downs, but we always have a friendship that's stood the test of time to fall back on.

Thurisas.

• Members
In a night club.

Of course we have a romantic fake story for our future children.

My wife and I started a conversation up online via email on singleme.com website, then we met in the parking lot at duncon doughnuts in person after a few months so I could show her around the town alittle since she had yet to get out and see the local sights. She was new to town, not to mention the USA and all she did was go to work at walmart and to school.

When we started conversing she was working at walmart so like Cgem we made up the story which really isn't not true. We say when asked "she worked at walmart and i would go there". It true she worked there when we met and it true I went there but I/we never said we met there.

We kind of embaressed to say we met online via computer but then today it as normal as meeting someone through a friend, I guess we just embarressed people think we was disperate. But thats the older folks for you

Glenn

• Members

I met my SO online also, but not through a dating site. We actually got to know each other through a social/information message board (not unlike this one, but of a different theme). After a couple of months interacting through the message board we took it to email and IM and then a couple of months after that we went to phone. We ended up meeting a little over 6 months after we started the phone conversations... and the rest is history! :ph34r:

(ok, well kinda - we actually lived 1500 miles from each other at that time, we did a lot of traveling back and forth for the year after we first met and then I finally relocated to where he was - that was 3 years ago)

• Members

I was on a college road trip with two other buddies; we were visiting coeds a few states away. We were partying the first night there on campus, and into the room walked this red head who captivated me. We immediately locked eyes, and without speaking clearly communicated to each other. Within fifteen minutes, we were hand-in-hand, and remained so for the rest of the weekend.

It would be a nice story to say that we were married and the end of the semester, but that would not be the truth. Not only did we both spend the remainder of our undergraduate careers at our respective instututions, but we also began careers that literally put us on opposite ends of the globe for many years. During that time, we always found some country or state to meet in once a year to "connect". And then finally, after thirteen (13) years, we we wed...that was over 14 years ago.

Njoy

B)

• Members

I met my boyfriend in college it was our first year and we took a lit. class together. It was love at first sight for sure!!!! :P I would catch him starring at me from the back of the room and I definately was shooting him the eye if you know what im saying.. ;) So finally after going through this for about 3 weeks he actually asked me out and a lunch date and the NEVER CALLED ME. So the next time saw him I asked him what happened to him and my lunch date, he got all embarassed and then called me that night at like 2am. That next day we share lunch and a movie later that night, and I got to say we had a really really good connection. So 2 months later we moved in together and been together ever since we have now been together 4 years and counting!!!!!! :D I love my boyfriend!!!! I would love to marry him!!! :)

• Members

Actually a kinda boring story. My parents decided to move when I was 15 (my parent build the house I grew up in), and they built a house about 50 miles from where I grew up. We changed congregations, and I became friends with a girl about two years younger than me. She had an older brother that I started to get a crush on about six months after we became friends. I had a crush on him for 4 years. He was two years older than me, so shortly after that he graduated and moved out of his parents' house, but still near and in the same congregation. He had a girlfriend for a couple months from a different congregation. I had known her for years, and a few months after she broke up with him, I went to his sister's graduation party (different sister). The former girlfriend and I talked the whole time, and she kept saying we'd be a great couple because we had so much more in common than she and him did. She felt like he was her brother and couldn't even kiss him!

Fast forward to a year later, I had my graduation party, just after I had gotten my hair cut much shorter than it had ever been. It came to just under my chin, so cute, if I say so myself! During the party, my future husband's cousin (who is about 5 years younger than me) started punching me and wrestling me. He has a habit of getting out of hand, but I had him beat (yes, I do have two older brothers, thanks for asking ;) ) At that point, future hubby came to the rescue and beat him up (sort of).

Afterwards, my brother's wife said that a guy kept looking at me throughout the party, but she refused to say who. She is such a tease!! About four months later, his family needed help putting down tile in their new hottub room, and as I had helped my dad lay tile numerous times, they asked me to help. Of course, there son was there, and we ended up being the only two working on it for most of the time. We flirted the whole time, we both ended up going to his parent's a couple days in a row to finish the project. A week later another of his cousins invited me over to her house, and said he would be there. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance, and two weeks later, we started dating officially. Three months later (to the day!) he proposed. We got married that fall. It has now been a year and a little over two months since we got married. :D

• Members

I guess I'll add my cousin's story too, since she isn't a member. She had been dating this guy off and on for a while, and would usually hang out with his friends most of the time. The guy was kind of a loser, and her dad hated him. Her dad is kind of tall and big, like the rest of my uncles. He is an imposing guy. Well, one of her boyfriends buddies happened to come over for a party or something, and her dad actually liked him! At the time, she didn't have much interest, but a few months later, she had broken up with the loser, but she hung out with that certain guy buddy for support. After a few weeks of this they realized that they were really good together, and they had chemistry! So they started dating, three weeks later, they were engaged. About 3 or 4 months later, they were married. Within a year they had a beautiful baby boy after a very difficult birth that ended up cesarean. She had serious post partum depression. She got straigtened back out with support from hubby and family. About a year later, they found out they were pregnant again (they wanted another, but not that soon), and she decided to have an unassisted home birth. She has a bleeding disorder, and was a high risk pregnancy. She and hubby kept it a secret, but she had a gorgeous little girl without any complications! Miracle right? Yeah, she's a lucky, lucky girl. They have now been married for almost 3 years, and are still sickeningly happy.

There are some GREAT stories here!!

• Members

I met my hubby or I guess I should say the first time I saw him, was when I was working as a shift manager for McDonald's and he came in to see one of my co-workers. He used to travel from So. Utah to L.A. every week and he came in to tell her he was leaving so she could watch his apt. since she lived next door. I thought he was cute and he had a motorcycle *swoon* At this time, I was seperated from my 1st husband and not really looking, but he DID catch my eye!! So she invited me over for a block barbeque and she introduced us.

So, we just "hung out" until my divorce was final and when it was...LOOK OUT! :D

Of course..we broke up for a while...then got back together and thats when we got married.

• 3 weeks later...

I met my husband in high school my senior year. He was new, and I hadn't ever dated anyone before that. My parents were very strict and I would be grounded if they found out I even thought a guy was cute! Needless to say, if a guy even mentioned that they liked me, I beat them up so I wouldn't get grounded for it. Most of the time, I did feel bad about it, and they were generally confused at first because I was a pretty good looking girl (if I do say so myself), but then again, I just didn't like any of the guys I had grown up with. After all, I had seen them all picking their noses in kindergarden! Not very attractive, fellas! Needless to say, this new guy was kind of cute, but one of my friends also thought he was cute, so I ignored him. Anyway, we were on our way to a roller skating rink with a church group, and my 7 year old cousin was in my charge, but she was saying some very rude things about this guy, calling him names that would have gotten my mouth washed out with soap if I had used them. I tried to get her to stop, but she wouldn't listen to me, so I finally told her he was going to run over her at the roller skating rink and leave black marks across her face. I know... it was mean! But she got all the other kids around to start saying the same thing, and it wasn't appropriate at all.

Needless to say, his brother (obviously also new to the area) happened to notice this little kid crying beside me and asked some of the other kids closer to our age what the problem was. They told him that I told her "the red haired guy up there is going to run over her face and leave black marks." UGH! He told his brother that I had told this little kid that he was going to hurt her. So, my now-husband got up and came back to reassure this little girl (that he didn't know was my cousin that I was supposed to be watching or that she had been saying things about him and getting other kids to join in) that he wasn't going to hurt her. Then he started chewing me out one side and down the other for making her cry in the first place. I found it incredibly funny. Everyone else on the bus got absolutely quiet and had their mouths wide open. It was a very small town, and I was known for beating guys up... but he didn't know that either. Honestly, I thought it was so cute that he had the nerve to stand up to me! No one else would have dared to at that time.

At the rink, he came back up to me and started talking to me. We ended up spending the entire outing together, but his friends kept snickering, and I couldn't figure out why.

Later that week, my father had popped off with a comment about how I needed to find a boyfriend or something so I'd stop beating boys up. After a lengthy argument about whether or not I would be grounded if I so much as thought a guy was cute, my father stated that if I could manage to get a guy to go out with me, now that I had beat every guy up, he would not get me in trouble at all (and he was rather sarcastic about it). Well, I decided to call my father's bluff. The very next day (a Thursday), I marched right up to the very same guy, took a deep breath to try to keep myself steady, and said, "Hi! Remember me? Well, I think you're really cute, and I want to know if you would take me out on a date this Friday. I don't care where. I don't care what we do. I'll pay for it if you want me to, but I really want to go on my first date this weekend, and I'd like to go with you! We can just go out as friends, or it can be a regular date. It doesn't matter to me, but please say yes!" He looked rather shocked, and I thought I was going to die of embarrassment because I hadn't realized all his friends actually standing around at that moment (I had a lot of tunnel vision going on at that particular moment so I wouldn't chicken out), and everyone was standing there with their mouths open. Totally embarrassing! Finally I said, "Well? Are you going to go out with me? Or do I need to ask someone else?" He stammered around a little bit, and his face was probably every bit as red as mine, but he managed to get the word "yes" to come out of his mouth. I thanked him and walked off to my next class, and proudly announced to my father that night that I had a date for the weekend!

The weekend came, and he didn't show up for our date. That was very upsetting, but he called me on Saturday and explained. 1.) He didn't have my phone number, and was calling from one of my friends' houses, which was how he got the number to call me to explain. 2.) My friend had just told him where I lived, because I had forgotten to tell him. 3.) I lived 18 miles out of town, and he didn't have a car! 4.) Would I please forgive him, and now that he had all the necessary information, would I please let him take me out the following Friday... provided he could find a way to come pick me up, even if it meant he might have to have someone with a car go on a double-date with us. *Note: my father insisted that I could not drive myself to a date; a proper date would find a way to come pick me up at my house and return me home, so I couldn't drive my car on the first date. After the first one, I was allowed to drive into town to meet up with my date.

Luckily, the next week, he showed up, with another couple we could double date with. (The other guy was scared out of his wits, and when my father asked my mother who it was, she informed him it was a guy I had beaten up on the front steps of the church, then dad recognized him and all was good.) My husband never asked me to be his girlfriend, but we became best friends... and then a few fringe benefits drifted nicely into the equation. Eventually, he explained to me why his friends had been snickering at the skating rink. Apparently, a few weeks before the trip, he had been painting a room in his friend's house. There was newspaper spread all over the floor, and he had noticed this picture on it that had caught his attention. It was a topic called "Senior Spotlight" that featured a different high school senior each week. He read the bio and apparently raved to his friends about the picture. He then tore it out, told them, "This is the girl I'm going to marry!" and tucked it into his billfold. It turns out, that senior was ME! He still has it in his billfold too. Oh, and he swears the reason he never asked me to be his girlfriend was because he felt I should have assumed it with the fringe benefits and all. (Pfff... I never assume anything!)

Now how we ended up married was a whole 'other adventure considering I didn't even know I was his girlfriend for almost a year! (Though neither of us ever dated anyone else during that time) *Sorry for the length of this post.

• Members

Let's see we met working at Toys R Us in Albuquerque. He was the new guy and every girl was swooning over him. Well I was walking with my supervisor and he was upset his girlfriend was drooling over him. And he looked at me and said "I don't want to hear it" since I was the boy crazy person :lol: Well I look at him and back at my supervisor and tell him he's not my type.

He worked there for a few month and I got kicked out of the house I was living in and my friend at the time said I could stay with her while I tried to figure out if I was staying or going back home to Michigan. She was dating him (and about 5 other guys at the time) So we started to hang out and became friends.

After I got an apartment he and another guy from work came over to my apartment to drink and watch movies, well I didn't know it was a plan. His friend left him at my apartment with no way to get home. (Yep his friend went back to my friend's house to hook up) So I got ready for bed laid down on the floor, yea it was a true first apartment I had no furniture since I didn't bring anything with me from Michigan. And he decided then to tell me he liked me. I was in disbelief since quite frankly at that time there was not alot of guys lining up for me. But we kissed for the first time that night.

And after some back and forth we have been together for about 15 years. Although at the present we are having some issues, we're trying to work through them though. That is still one of my favorite memories of our years together, especially since our friend that left him at my apartment is no longer with us it's a good memory to have of him. :)

• Members

My cuzs introduced me and my SO. They were working together at Big Lots a store up here. He worked in the furniture dept and I was buying a futon on layaway. So my darling cuz takes me up while he's working to make a payment and conveniently leaves. After a little flirting he asks if I wanted to go to the movies.

Boring right... The true romance came when he asked me to marry him.

We went to our Chinese restaurant and he had them put a special fortune in my cookie. I break it open, read it, look up and he's holding a sapphire engagement ring. (my birthstone and he knows I don't really like diamonds)

It was very sweet.

• Members

Punk Week in town! That day was MUD WRESTLING! We didnt talk, but I'd noticed him. Two days later was SHOPPING CART RACING down the local street! I met and talked to him at the after party, lol. :D

P.S. I think this is a good CONTEST IDEA! :)

• Members
I met my husband in high school my senior year. He was new, and I hadn't ever dated anyone before that. My parents were very strict and I would be grounded if they found out I even thought a guy was cute! Needless to say, if a guy even mentioned that they liked me, I beat them up so I wouldn't get grounded for it. Most of the time, I did feel bad about it, and they were generally confused at first because I was a pretty good looking girl (if I do say so myself), but then again, I just didn't like any of the guys I had grown up with. After all, I had seen them all picking their noses in kindergarden! Not very attractive, fellas! Needless to say, this new guy was kind of cute, but one of my friends also thought he was cute, so I ignored him. Anyway, we were on our way to a roller skating rink with a church group, and my 7 year old cousin was in my charge, but she was saying some very rude things about this guy, calling him names that would have gotten my mouth washed out with soap if I had used them. I tried to get her to stop, but she wouldn't listen to me, so I finally told her he was going to run over her at the roller skating rink and leave black marks across her face. I know... it was mean! But she got all the other kids around to start saying the same thing, and it wasn't appropriate at all.

Needless to say, his brother (obviously also new to the area) happened to notice this little kid crying beside me and asked some of the other kids closer to our age what the problem was. They told him that I told her "the red haired guy up there is going to run over her face and leave black marks." UGH! He told his brother that I had told this little kid that he was going to hurt her. So, my now-husband got up and came back to reassure this little girl (that he didn't know was my cousin that I was supposed to be watching or that she had been saying things about him and getting other kids to join in) that he wasn't going to hurt her. Then he started chewing me out one side and down the other for making her cry in the first place. I found it incredibly funny. Everyone else on the bus got absolutely quiet and had their mouths wide open. It was a very small town, and I was known for beating guys up... but he didn't know that either. Honestly, I thought it was so cute that he had the nerve to stand up to me! No one else would have dared to at that time.

At the rink, he came back up to me and started talking to me. We ended up spending the entire outing together, but his friends kept snickering, and I couldn't figure out why.

Later that week, my father had popped off with a comment about how I needed to find a boyfriend or something so I'd stop beating boys up. After a lengthy argument about whether or not I would be grounded if I so much as thought a guy was cute, my father stated that if I could manage to get a guy to go out with me, now that I had beat every guy up, he would not get me in trouble at all (and he was rather sarcastic about it). Well, I decided to call my father's bluff. The very next day (a Thursday), I marched right up to the very same guy, took a deep breath to try to keep myself steady, and said, "Hi! Remember me? Well, I think you're really cute, and I want to know if you would take me out on a date this Friday. I don't care where. I don't care what we do. I'll pay for it if you want me to, but I really want to go on my first date this weekend, and I'd like to go with you! We can just go out as friends, or it can be a regular date. It doesn't matter to me, but please say yes!" He looked rather shocked, and I thought I was going to die of embarrassment because I hadn't realized all his friends actually standing around at that moment (I had a lot of tunnel vision going on at that particular moment so I wouldn't chicken out), and everyone was standing there with their mouths open. Totally embarrassing! Finally I said, "Well? Are you going to go out with me? Or do I need to ask someone else?" He stammered around a little bit, and his face was probably every bit as red as mine, but he managed to get the word "yes" to come out of his mouth. I thanked him and walked off to my next class, and proudly announced to my father that night that I had a date for the weekend!

The weekend came, and he didn't show up for our date. That was very upsetting, but he called me on Saturday and explained. 1.) He didn't have my phone number, and was calling from one of my friends' houses, which was how he got the number to call me to explain. 2.) My friend had just told him where I lived, because I had forgotten to tell him. 3.) I lived 18 miles out of town, and he didn't have a car! 4.) Would I please forgive him, and now that he had all the necessary information, would I please let him take me out the following Friday... provided he could find a way to come pick me up, even if it meant he might have to have someone with a car go on a double-date with us. *Note: my father insisted that I could not drive myself to a date; a proper date would find a way to come pick me up at my house and return me home, so I couldn't drive my car on the first date. After the first one, I was allowed to drive into town to meet up with my date.

Luckily, the next week, he showed up, with another couple we could double date with. (The other guy was scared out of his wits, and when my father asked my mother who it was, she informed him it was a guy I had beaten up on the front steps of the church, then dad recognized him and all was good.) My husband never asked me to be his girlfriend, but we became best friends... and then a few fringe benefits drifted nicely into the equation. Eventually, he explained to me why his friends had been snickering at the skating rink. Apparently, a few weeks before the trip, he had been painting a room in his friend's house. There was newspaper spread all over the floor, and he had noticed this picture on it that had caught his attention. It was a topic called "Senior Spotlight" that featured a different high school senior each week. He read the bio and apparently raved to his friends about the picture. He then tore it out, told them, "This is the girl I'm going to marry!" and tucked it into his billfold. It turns out, that senior was ME! He still has it in his billfold too. Oh, and he swears the reason he never asked me to be his girlfriend was because he felt I should have assumed it with the fringe benefits and all. (Pfff... I never assume anything!)

Now how we ended up married was a whole 'other adventure considering I didn't even know I was his girlfriend for almost a year! (Though neither of us ever dated anyone else during that time) *Sorry for the length of this post.

I must say that that is one of the bracest things I've heard in here. Good for you!!!!! I would ask if you wanted to wrestle but you'd probably whip my ass! LOL!!!! I love it!

My husband worked security for the place my step dad worked. All calls had to go through him and he would transfer the calls. I would talk to him at times but didn't think anything of it. One day my step dad and him went out to an event and he had parked his car on the street. I remember going over to his car and checked out his music (his car was a mess) we met when they got home and I thought he was pretty cute. He asked us (my step-dad, me and my friend) to go see his friends band play later that night. We hit it off and when I asked my step dad if I could go out with him (I was 17) he said no, but later gave in. 3 months later I got pregnant with our first son. It was a Year after we met that we got married. I didn't find out till a few years later that he would go and visit my step dad and (before we actually met) saw a picture of me in my step-dad's locker and said "I am going to marry her!" Although he denied it now.

• Members

well me and my so met through his exgirlfriend who he was with at the time. i actually met her first on a cell phone chat kinda like a chat on the net. then one thing lead to another and we were together and we got married 4 months after we met. so thats my story and to this day we have been married for almost 2 years.

• Members

I met my husband when I moved in next door to his sister, her and I became friends, then as time went on me and him became sortof friends LOL he used to do his laundry at her house (though he was with other people)just so he could see me(too bad I didn't know that then) after she moved I didn't see them as much but on occasion would go visit her. there was a couple times I ended up talking to him more then her. when he went to jail we were both seeing other people, his sister told me his ex sent him a dear john and my ex had taken off so I started writing to him after he got out we talked a bit on the computer and I found out from his brother in law he really liked me, so I stopped in to his work one night gave him my sisters number and said come over after work (I was partying at her house) he stayed at my sisters that night and slept next to me but didn't try anything, (never had that happen before) over the next week or so I went through alot one of my exs decided to say some really horrible things to me on the computer,and my now hubby was right there for me telling me how wonderful I am, I was sleeping with another guy at that time as well and I discovered he was still with his girlfriend (that stung) he was there by my side!! I was having a hard time with it all and invited him to my house we had a really great time talking, laughing the sex was really good too!! a few days later he again stayed with me at my sisters when we woke in the morning I asked him "can I keep you" (my son was on a casper kick at that time) he said yes and we have been together ever since. 7 years as of jan 16 and will be married 4 years in july.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My story is great, I love it!

My ex and I had been planning to move to Maitland, Florida (We were living and working in Daytona Beach). So the time came that I thought I should quit work at PetSmart and start applying for some of the better paying jobs down in Maitland.

My ex decided to suddenly come down with "agoraphobia" and lost his job and we didn't move. Well he really came down with "I'm addicted to Lineage 2 and don't want to get off my ass to work, I just want to play this game for 14 hours a day and forget I have a girlfriend of 5 years"... /rant.

SOOO I ended up having to get my job back at PatSmart. Well, during my time away the sexiest man on Earth started working there. I figured he was gay because he was really good looking and had a great personality. So we became friends and then I grew the biggest crush on him. My best friend and co-worker at the time new about my lust for him and we started teasing him, asking him if his cock was pierced and kept at it. He threatened to show us and prove it wasn't. I didn't take him seriously in the least....

About an hour later, he cornered me behind the fish tanks and said, I'm proving you wrong right now... he then whipped out his cock... it was huge. I couldn't take my eyes off it, I finally pushed by him and I couldn't look at him without blushing. Well, my friend (without my knowing) told him we wanted to have a threesome with him. He came over and asked us how old we thought he was... turns out he's 19 years my elder... though he looks DAMN good for his age... I wasn't the least bit put off and told him I just wanted a FWB relationship as my ex and I were on the rocks and had not had sex in about 2 months.

We ended up screwing for a few months and I moved out of my ex's house and in with a friend. Ron then told me he wanted to be more than just FWB and I couldn't have been happier. I moved in with him and we got engaged last June.

In total we have been together for 4 years now and you would never guess we were so far apart age wise.

I know it sounds like something out of playgirl/boy, but this is the honest truth *scouts honor* lol

• Review Team

Well I suppose I would have tell how I met my SO 3 times over.. LOL

Ok... Oct 1990, I am living in Vancouver Wa, goign to school and enjoying the single life, my mother lived in southern CA. She was a paralegal and helped people with legal paperwork. A young man comes to her to assist him with paperwork to retain custody of his 3 yr old daughter. My mother is great at adopting people. Within days the young man has become a member of the family. He comes over for dinner, help mom with odd's and ends around the house, his daughter is stuck to her new "Nana" like glue. My mother of course tells me during each phone call about this wonderful young man who she has adopted. I can't stop rolling my eyes and wishing to heaven she would find another subject to dicsuss.

Fast forward to Dec 3rd. I get a phone call one night around 7, this voice I don't recognize asks for me... being single and living alone I told the caller he had the wrong number and hung up. Two minutes later the phone rings and when I pick it up the voice begs me to not hang up, tells me his name and tells me my mother gave him my number and could we please just talk for awhile. He said he had been looking at my portrait for almost 2 months and he finally got up the guts to ask my mother for my number. We ended up talking until the sun rose the next morning over 12 hours later. He called the next night and the next. On the 3rd night he asked me to marry him. On Christmas eve, 19 days later I flew down to CA to meet him and spend Christmas with my mother. He picked me up at the airport, and even though he had seen my picture.. many of them actually, I had no idea what he looked like. I stood in baggage claim with my back to the doors... all of a sudden I got goose bumps, and I turned around to see a man comeing towards me at a fast pace.... he looked into my eyes and smiled. I was forever and totally in love with him at that very moment. Four days later on Dec 28th.. we were married in a short but sweet ceremony with a few close friends. That was 17 years ago.

For SO number two... my Goddess. July 4 1999 I found out we were about to add our 3rd baby, 4th child to the family. I went online and fell across BabyCenter.com.... found their forums for mothers with 3 or more kids due Feb 2000. There was my Goddess and a group of 8 other women. We all talked daily and grew into a very close tight knit group. Goddess was the one I was always closest to... the most drawn to. When the "babies" were about 9 months old Goddess and her hubby Mr. Big flew to my state where he had a business conferance. I drove up to meet them and have lunch. Our friendship was solidified even more and I felt an attraction to her hubby that I immedialty squashed.

Both familes enmasse got together in June of 2002 when we drove through their state on the way to Walt Disney World.

It was a great weekend... but one that awakend an interest in Fix for my Goddess and in me for Big. Both of us tucked away the feelings as nonsense.

Fall of 2004 I realized I was in love with Goddess.....fall of 2005 Goddess and Big were searching out the ideal "vacation friends with benefits". I saw my opportunity and opened my mouth spilling my feelings.

Big and I started to chat online and Fix and Goddess as well... soon the 4 of us were well on our way to being a polyamorous quad. We moved in together in February of 2006 and that is as they say.... that.