Official Community Forums Home

How Did You Meet Your So?

• Members

I met my SO through his "nephew", whom i had a crush on, so the thought of falling for his 33 year old "uncle" never crossed my mind. His nephew and i had started hanging out alot once we both got our driver's license and once graduation was just around the corner he had started talking about moving in with him. So naturally that apartment became the teenage hang-out for all our friends. My So is and was a truck driver. So i rarely saw him and talked to him. Well eventually i became the babysiter so i got to know him and his kids farely well. i was dating another guy at the time so i wasn't looking for anything but friendship from him. eventually we started talking on the fone and he would compliment me and make me feel really good about my self. I eventually broke up with my then boyfriend, and for the last 3 year's have only wanted just the one. last year on V-day he Proposed and we haven't parted since although the first 2 years WERE off and on.

• Members

Well I hadn't been in a relationship for over a year, nor had sex either. :wacko: I was feeling kind of desperate and while cruising around on Facebook, ran across the profile of this cute girl who lived in the same town as me. I said to myself, "What the hell, it's not like I have anything to lose." So I sent her a message and amazingly, she responded. We messaged each other for about two days before exchanging numbers. After about three or four conversations, each lasting over two hours, we were both convinced that the other wasn't a serial killer. I went over to her place and we had a great time watching movies and talking, etc. When it was time to head home, I lingered wanting to kiss her but ultimately chickened out thinking the first date was too soon.

Sitting on my couch 10 minutes later she called and asked me what my address was. I told her and she just hung up. The next thing I know, she walks through my front door, kneels down beside the couch, and the hottest, best kiss of my life followed. She stood up, smiled, and asked me if that was what I wanted to do. I said yes and she said she would see me tomorrow night.

After that, we both agreed that sex too soon had destroyed relationships in the past, and it would be smart to wait and at least get to know each other first. That is how the two horniest people in the world went three weeks sleeping in the same bed every other night, without having sex. We've been together for over a year now and when I'm out of school and the money is there, she is getting the most amazing ring I can find.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

lol.... there was a bit of drama involved... but it ended up perfectly! ^.^

My ex was being a general ass the day before midterms my senior year of high school. My father wound up hanging up on him and about 10 minutes later, my boy called me. He somehow convinced my mom (they had never met before.... we were just friends at the time) to let him take me out to lunch after school. Since then, we have been quite in love.... about 14 months now. We are hoping to get married in a year or two.... after we both have some university schooling under our belts. :D

So basically, he was my knight in shining armor.... my ex was just a loser in aluminum foil... <_<

• Members

Well I was seeing someone for about 8 years and had finally got to a boiling point and had enough. Mind you we have a 5 y/o daughter together. I was trying to work things out for her. Well in November out of anger and disgust I put an ad on craigslist. I had no intention of acting on it. Well of course I found some real winners. I said on the ad I was looking for a relationship not a one night stand, but the losers came through anyway.

Well this one really nice man emailed me and had a lot of the same interests as I. I emailed him back and included my pic. Well then my daughter got hurt and ended up in the ER...not more than some stitches. So I was a little distracted for about a week or so with this. Well 2 weeks goes by and he emails me again wanting to know if I was interested or not that he really liked what I had to say. He asked me if I changed my mind to let him know. I thought his email was really sweet. So we emailed back and forth from November 27th-December 26th. Well we then decided to meet for dinner. I was nervois as all hell. We met for dinner I didn't look much at him and barely talked or ate. In fact he still jokes about it. That night we really hit it off. We decided to spend NYE together and have been completely together every since.

He has been through a lot with me. Our first night together he compared me to being in a cave because I had a lot of mixed up emotions and was scared. I had only been with one other man. Also he is 14 years older than me. I am 33 and he is 47, but we get along amazingly. I went through a cancer scare and medical issues and he was beside me as if we have been together years and not months. This concreted everything to me that he and I are great together.

In fact today is our 3 month anniversary and he is up to something. He has been sick for the past week with the nasty flu. I will see what the night holds. I never thought that I would meet someone off of craigslist, but I guess it was meant to be. If I didn't place that ad I probably would have never met him.

• Review Team

A friend's Halloween party. I was dressed as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and my future SO was dressed as a Ninja. I had come out of a nasty relationship not too long before, and wasn't looking for anything. All I knew was every time I turned around, this Ninja was doing the 'oh-I've-been-caught-looking-and-must-now-look-away' thing.

Well, then someone drunk got the bright idea to go streaking up and down the street yelling about 'having your treats right here', and of course everyone had to go outside and watch. We ended up standing beside one another and started talking. He asked me out, and I told him 'no' (I did tell him why). He said that was fine, he was cool with that. I thought after awhile he had forgotten about it, but when New Year's rolled around he asked again. You know, since it was a new year and all... We've been together ever since.

You know, now that I read this it sounds like a bad chick flick :P

• Members

Okay this may sound weird to you all but I met my SO on the phone. There was a free chat line here in the valley and my girlfriend who lived out of state and I would use it to talk to each other all the time and save our phone bill. One day while we were talking I recieved a message from some guy telling me about himself etc... So I sent him a message back and to make a long story short we met for dinner and one thing lead to another and I married him. There was no drama involved and we dated for a long time.

• Members

My sister and a bunch of her friends were going to be meeting up for new years 2006-2007. Well, after a while of planing, for some reason my sister invited me... I wasn't expecting it, but I sure was really happy that she did, because it would have been very boring for a few days. lol! So, anywho, my fiance's sister, who I had met on one occasion, invited her older brother(my fiance) to the party like a few days just before it was happening. He wasn't even going to go at first, but decided to because he was bored. lol!! Then, one night, after we all watched a movie, he stayed downstairs with my sister, her bf and myself. I was cuddling him a little, then we tried to sleep. I couldn't and starting listening to my mp3 player because of his snoring. hehe. But then neither of us could sleep so then we started talking. Then my sister and her bf went out for coffee and we started holding hands. Then I somehow ended up in his sleeping bag with him, then while I was talking, not sure about what, he lifted up my chin and kissed me, tongue and all. lol! Now we were both virgins and the only experience we had was slim to nothing. He grabbed booby once and he said it felt horrible... Poor lady.

Now we are here, almost a year and half later and engaged. He proposed on valentine's day!!! He didn't have a ring but that's what made it so much more special! I love that bastard with all my heart, soul and mind!!!

~*~*~SensualWoman~*~*~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Strange enough my husband and I met over a yahoo chatroom for NC. We talked and my computer was freaking so we decided to exchange numbers, I called him and at the time he had verizon and his ring back tone was Wish you were here by: Pink Floyd. I am Pink Floyd fan, so when I heard that I knew I liked him. We talked all night on the phone and the next day decided to meet for lunch. When I first saw him I wasn't so sure, but once we met face to face he was quite attractive! We had a GREAT lunch and decided to go see a movie. We've been together ever since! We now are married and have a beautiful son together!

• Members

My SO and I (also ;) ) met in a Yahoo chat room. We had been chat buddies for about 4 years or so, really nothing more. We'd flirt once in awhile, but both always had someone else when the other was single so we really didn't even think twice. Finally when I was 20 or so we were both single. We were both bored and decided to make a day to hang out. We weren't even planning on anything happening. By the end of the day I ended up going to his place and staying the weekend. :P Almost 5 years (and 1 kid) later, here we are! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Funny story actually, I met my husband because of my ex-girlfriend. My hubby was in a band that my ex was friends with the vocalist of. My ex actually had a bit of a crush on him, and showed me photos, I thought he was the prettiest boy I'd ever seen, and as makeup artist I wanted to have him model for me, so we got to talking, and this was about the time I was realizing my then girlfriend was an abusive emotionally manipulative nightmare, and he and I really, really hit it off, and then on may 21st of 2005 we met up in New York (I was living elsewhere at the time) and the rest is history. I still have the key card from our hotel room in my wallet.

• Members

i met my hubby online. we were chat buddies for about 6mths, then we became more like friends for about a year before he came over to visit. he got off the plane, and we have been attached at the hip ever since

• Members

My dh and I are high school sweethearts. :) We started dating when I was a freshman and he a junior and just couldn't get enough of each other. :D We got married almost 9 years ago a year after I graduated and now have 3 beautiful kids together.

• Members
My dh and I are high school sweethearts. :) We started dating when I was a freshman and he a junior and just couldn't get enough of each other. :D We got married almost 9 years ago a year after I graduated and now have 3 beautiful kids together.

That's a sweet story

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

to tell the truth I met kim by pure accident, I was fresh back from Iraq. Me and a couple of friends were attending a party at his gf's house. The first time I saw her she was laying on the couch in a belly shirt with that perfect belly of hers showing. note at this point it's just lust. lol. any way the night went on and we all got pretty drunk, and I remeber being outside, and just out of the blue asking her out. she said yes and we slept together (just slept i hate drunken sex). and we've been together ever since. I tell this story because after three years of the closest relationship i've ever been in, i can honestly say she is the best accident to ever happen to me.