Official Community Forums Home

Are You A Sex Addict?

synirr

• Members

http://www.sexhelp.com/sast.cfm

This is SERIOUS BUSINESS guys. :|

Haha, I scored a 9. :lol:

In addition there are certain subscales to further confirm that a problem exists. The following patterns emerged in your answers:

· A profile consistent with men who struggle with sexually compulsive behavior

· A profile consistent with women who struggle with sexually compulsive behavior

The SAST measures key characteristics of addiction. The following dimensions of an addictive disorder appeared in your answers:

· Preoccupation: obsessive thinking about sexual behavior, opportunities, and fantasies

· Relationship disturbance: sexual behavior has created significant relationship problems

• Members

I need to try harder. I only scored a 2.

Thurisas.

• Members
http://www.addicted.com/addiction-resource...FR0EsgodXgVm2g- I posted this link a while back which may or may not be the same as Synirr's

• Members

I scored an 8. Althought I am sure my other half would still say I am more addicted than that...lol

• Members

I got a 4.

I scored a 5....so i am safe!! Whew! :P

• Members

i scored a 12!!!!! wow that the highest on here, hmmm could this be a sign? hahaha

As a trained counselor/therapist (I hate both of those words, especially 'therapist' because of how it breaks down..i prefer 'helper'),

the questions at that site are 'loaded', meaning many of them that will score against you are ones that 99% people will answer yes to...you should know before you take the concept of 'sex addiction' too seriously, there are other, very valid and well studied opinions that counter the entire idea of sex as an addiction....in brief, sex IS and addiction...just like AIR is.

• Members

i took it for fun and got a 6 but i know that i am way more addicted to sex than it says..lol