Official Community Forums Home

When It Rains......

Mikayla1

• Members

OK, so yesterday my hubby was at work and he was not looking forward to it because he had to fire 20 people who worked below him. The company is 'restructuring' and he was forced to get on phone calls and fire all these people.

THEN, when he was done with that....they fired HIM!!! In fact, they fired his whole department - all for non-descript reasons. He was IN SHOCK...I am IN SHOCK. They fired over 45 people in one swoop!

So, needless to say we are in total disbelief of the tanking economy! I have my professorship (thank GOD) but that is about it right now. We are definitely gonna be scrambin' so if you do not see my around, you will know it has nothing to do with how much I love ya all....but.......you get the picture!

I just hope that no one else here has to fall prey to these shitty times. May you all be secure in your jobs and prepare now for the day when you aren't any longer....

• Members

Mik -

I'm sooo sorry to hear that. That's a terrible way for anyone to be treated. Its hard to believe that happened!

Hugs to you and your hubby. I hope you guys get through this quickly. ;)

Oh

My

GAWD!!!!!

Nice of them to wait til he got THEIR dirty work done, before they let him go. I hope he can get severant's pay and unemployment until he can find other work. I've BTDT before, so I understand his shock!!

Major hugs to you!!! And even to your hubby!

If you feel the need, call me sometime!

• Members

Ohhhh, I sooooo sorry Mikayla :(

No one is ever insulated in economic downturns. I've been in you place before, and I really don't have any words of wisdom, except try to stay strong and take all the help your offered. I'm wishing you and MM happy new beginnings!

• Members

*HUGE HUGS GF* I know that doesn't help much, wishing you the best hon. I can't believe it, but in this screw up economy I guess this just goes to show how screwed up things are. My prayers are with you and your family!!!!

I know things will work them out and just when you think there is no way some how they always do.

Best wishes!!!! I will be thinking about you and sending prayers your way.

• Members

Mik, '

Can he file for unemployment? His termination was not his doing. They fired 45 people.

I don't know what to say, that's just shitty all around. If there's anything I can do to help, or if you or hubby needs an ear and a shoulder GSK and I are here for you and hubby.

I'm so sorry this happened.

*hugs*

• Members

SHIT! Seriously that is the way they do things, they made him do the dirty work and then fired him! FUCKERS! Sorry you have to deal with this We are struggling pretty bad ourselves as well with only My H working. I was let go from my full time job in 05. I have been home since! Keep us posted! At least you have each other and your family! That's the way I look at it. :)

• Members

That has to be one of the saddest things I have ever heard. I am so sorry this had to happen to you guys.

• Members

Too bad they didn't have the gonads to do ALL of the dirty work instead of making him do most of it. So sorry to

hear about it. You are both bright, hard working folks so I am sure you will land on your feet.

Think positive, this may be the best thing that ever happened. Whatever he finds next could be way better than

what he had.

• Review Team

Wow honey, I am sooo sorry! :( I hope things start to look up for you soon. How's he handling the change?

• Members

Wow Kayla, that is horrible news...I'm really sorry to hear about this...hoping and praying that things turn around for you guys...I'd say it's hard to believe he'd be treated that way but this day and age people seem to have so little value to employers as employers chase the almighty dollar...it's a shame that people seem to have lost all compassion for others especially during these economic times forgetting that good people are their most valuable asset...

G.

• Review Team

Hugs to you both. I am so sorry you're having to go through this. This economy has me very concerned, too. My job is pretty much dependant on it, so if things don't turn around soon ..... yikes.

Just from the short time I have been here, I have seen that you seem to be a very strong and rational person, so I am sure things will work out. Stay strong! Hubby, too!

:kiss:

• Members

Jeezus, Mik & Man... *sigh* I'm so sorry. What a shock. I hope everything works out for the best... and hopefully this was all part of the "grand plan" and better things are in store for him. *hugs* Good thoughts your way...

• Members
Too bad they didn't have the gonads to do ALL of the dirty work instead of making him do most of it. So sorry to

hear about it. You are both bright, hard working folks so I am sure you will land on your feet.

Think positive, this may be the best thing that ever happened. Whatever he finds next could be way better than

what he had.

I agree, 100%. I am sorry you have to deal with this, but, like bboomer48 said, what's next could be much better!!!! Think positive!!!

• Members

Wow hun I'm so sorry to hear that! I can't believe they had him do all the dirty work. I'd be so pissed, I just can't imagine!! Keep your head high!

• Members

Thanks to all for the well-wishes and comments. We are totally and utterly unprepared for this. My best advice to everyone is to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE money to use in the even that this happens to you. We have some, but with 2 kids it will hardly be enough to last long. Save, save, save money!

Thanks again, I will be back soon....

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that Mik. Things are bad all over I guess. We just had to shut down one of our Strategic Business Units too. It wasn't because of greed though, it was because that SBU had been loosing money for 6 or 7 years and you can only carry something like that for so long. It was given every chance to succeed but in the end it failed. Fortunately most of the folks from that unit were reassigned to other units in the same building. I added one to the folks who work for me.

Hopefully he'll find something soon. When one door closes another opens they say.

Man

• Members

So sorry this has happened to you guys! We've been there too and I know the shock and strain can really do alot of damage....Hope it all falls back into place for you soon and will be better than ever! Good luck and best wishes to you both!

• Members

That is such a shitty thing for them to do to him!! We struggle all the time and I work all the time(well, when I am in here for a little while) and it is still hard to stay afloat! My wife is up for a full-time position at the local university and if she gets that, it will help so much!! Just keep your chin up and we wish the best for you guys!! You desearve it with all the help you have done for so many here!!

Peace,

Mark

• Members

Not only is that a chicken shit thing for them to do it seems to be the norm. Let all those people blame someone else for their BS game. Unenjoyment won't even come close to that salary but it beats empty pockets any day. There is no shame in using what he has paid for. That savings won't hold up for long without something coming in to replenish at least a bit of what has been spent.

I'm pretty sure that MM has the motivation to get something going even if it is in another field. (Perhaps in the publishing industry)! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. Those trends are elusive but if a person is watching and waiting he can figure it out!

These are trying times on relationships as well so I hope you two are trying real hard to work through this part also. I know you don't want to hear this but we wouldn't want to see you two split over such a petty thing. Hang tough and tell him our thoughts are with the both of you and we are confident that he will come out a better man for it!