Official Community Forums Home

Where Did You Honeymoon?

Whether it's with your ex spouse, or current spouse, where did you honeymoon?

Was it everything you'd hoped for? Was there something that you wish could've been different?

• Members

HAWAII. The main island, Maui, and a 3rd one. It was wonderful!!!!

If I could change anything, I wish I would have been more sexually daring.

• Members

We honeymooned in a sweet Inn not to far from where we live now. It was sooo quiet and romantic. There was a jacuzzi in the room, a wonderful restaurant, horse riding, biking, hiking (and a whole lot of sex in the woods). It was really special, I would love to go back.

If I could change one thing, I think I would skip all the big wedding stuff and just take a romantic honeymoon to France or England or Germany. The wedding went too fast and was too much money!

• Members

When we got married, we had all hubby's family and friends from Norway, plus there was the issue that he was not a US citizen blah blah blah. We spent the night in a nice bed and breakfast. After 911 things got real strict, and hubby had to go back to Noray until his paper work was done(which took a whole year). He was not here for our 1st anniv. either :(

So, for our 2nd anniv. we decided to go to ireland for 10 days. We had a blast!! We said that was our honeymoon/anniv. wrapped together.

• Members

we went to cuba for our anniversary it was great the beach was great and the white sand beaches was great I drank so much and spent alot of time together and getting aquianted if you know what I mean it was great. :D:D

• Members

Four day cruise to the Carribean and three days at Disney - Epcot opened ten days beforehand (wow, did I just date myself!)

It was the right mix of everything.... except that about a week before the wedding, I had gotten a uti and the meds were still in my system when I was laying on the beach ... I broke out in hives... nothing that a couple of days on Benedryl didn't solve.

• Members

We went to the Dominican Republic for two weeks. We spent most of the time meeting and staying with his family. His uncle owns a time share in Puerto Plata so we got to stay there uninterrupted for 4 days... I actually would not change a thing! We went horseback riding up the hillside. We ate at typical places. I met his childhood friends, cousins etc. It was really fun!

• Members
we went to cuba for our anniversary it was great the beach was great and the white sand beaches was great I drank so much and spent alot of time together and getting aquianted if you know what I mean it was great. :D:D

How were you able to get to cuba??

• Members

Didn't really have one after the wedding. Lots of her family had come from Scotland and England so we stayed around to be with them. Sorta playing tour guide. Waited a year then went to Scotland to visit family.

In a way I wish that we had of gone away somewhere. Even if still in the Province but to just be by ourselves for a few days. It is hard to shag like bunnies where there are all those people around.

• Members
It's not a problem from Canada. It's actually a popular vacation spot. My parents were they when Castro announced he was stepping down.

Cubans LOVE Canadians. I have never been, but a guy that I work with has gone a few times and he said they roll out the red carpet for you. And once there, everything is CHEAP! The flight is the most expensive part of the trip.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

CRUISED WITH CARNIVAL CRUISES TO CAYMANS AND JAMAICA..IT WAS WONDERFUL. I WORE ALL MY LIL SEXY LINGERIE I GOT AS A BRIDAL GIFT. WE ATE, HAD SEX AND ATE SOME MORE!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Nantucket. I had been there as a kid and again as a teenager and liked the place. While we enjoyed the honeymoon there, I felt the place had changed from nice little quaint village to a bit of a trendy snobby-ville. Maybe it always was and I just didn't see it as a kid.

After that we winged it going up Cape Cod toward Provincetown, passing a lot of No Vacancy signs. Finally found a little cabin and stayed there for the night. The place smelled like bug spray, and when I peeled the bed sheets back there was a big ol' carpenter ant crawling along. Squished it. Looked over my shoulder to make sure the wife hadn't seen it, thinking "she doesn't need to know about that." There just wasn't any place else to stay.

Did the whale watch thing at Provincetown; saw some humpbackers jump out of the water, which was neato.

The only thing to change would be to have made the trip longer.

• Members

We went to Hilton Head, it was only a couple of months ago so it was nicely "deserted" and we pretty much had the run of the island. So many things went wrong and we lost alot of our wedding money to urgent car repairs before we even got on the highway. Still, we enjoyed what little time whe did get before reality got back to crushing our hopes and dreams XD

The only thing i would have changed? Well two things, I wished we could have stayed more then two days and that I hadn't been on the rag the whole time. Although it happens everytime we go out of town, so I shouldn't have been surprised, even with my "fail proof" planning :rolleyes:

• Members

We had a cheap 4 night stay at a Haven campsite in the UK, couldn't afford a propper honeymoon. It was time of the month too and our then 2 1/2 year old was with us :( he is now 10.

I am hoping that when he gets to the age when he can stay home alone for a week we will have our honeymoon away on our own. I am getting more sexually adventurous as the months go by so I am hoping for one hell of a shag fest when we do get to honeymoon!!!! :lol:

• Review Team

Have not gone yet (very, very soon now!) but we have rented a cabin in the woods that is part of a horse ranch and is about two hours from where I live. It has a jacuzzi, a king-size bed and not much else. I have a bunch of candles, some bubble bath and new sexy under-things - that is about all I plan to pack.

• Members
Nantucket. I had been there as a kid and again as a teenager and liked the place. While we enjoyed the honeymoon there, I felt the place had changed from nice little quaint village to a bit of a trendy snobby-ville. Maybe it always was and I just didn't see it as a kid.

After that we winged it going up Cape Cod toward Provincetown, passing a lot of No Vacancy signs. Finally found a little cabin and stayed there for the night. The place smelled like bug spray, and when I peeled the bed sheets back there was a big ol' carpenter ant crawling along. Squished it. Looked over my shoulder to make sure the wife hadn't seen it, thinking "she doesn't need to know about that." There just wasn't any place else to stay.

Did the whale watch thing at Provincetown; saw some humpbackers jump out of the water, which was neato.

The only thing to change would be to have made the trip longer.

Are you from MA?

• Members

No, NJ. Can'tchya tell by my accent? And I know how to pronounce my R's :P

I have passed through MA and bumped into MA folk a bit in my travels, though.

• Members

Hey another one from NJ....we are taking over....lol.

• Members

YEA! NJ! north or south? By the accent, I'm thinking North :P

• Members

Whateva!!! (can you hear my accent!)

• Members
Whether it's with your ex spouse, or current spouse, where did you honeymoon?

Was it everything you'd hoped for? Was there something that you wish could've been different?

My first wife and I had both just come out of turbulent relationships. We decided to honeymoon in New Harmony, Indiana. It was supposed to be symbolic, but it was really just horrible. Horrible on so many levels.

• Members
YEA! NJ! north or south? By the accent, I'm thinking North :P

Somewheres betwixt exits t'ree and a hundrit. I knew I shoulda made dat left toin at albuquoique. And maybe a right at La Jolla. . . .