Official Community Forums Home

Bondage ... Do You?

sass

• Review Team

What are your thoughts and/or experiences with bondage? Do you think you would enjoy it? Have you tried it on any level? If you have, would you like to go further?

I have only done very beginner things, but I have enjoyed it all so far. For anyone that has gone further, how did you proceed? Yes, I know there are sites devoted to BDSM, but I want to know what the thoughts are of those here. So ….

What are your thoughts and/or experiences with bondage? Do you think you would enjoy it? Have you tried it on any level? If you have, would you like to go further?

I have only done very beginner things, but I have enjoyed it all so far. For anyone that has gone further, how did you proceed? Yes, I know there are sites devoted to BDSM, but I want to know what the thoughts are of those here. So ….

Yes my wife and I do like bondage nothing roughf. We like bening tied up so the other can have full controll !! Sure add some spice and lets us use our sex toys on each other .

• Like 1

• Members

Well as some of you know I was involved with bondage almost 7 years ago until a neglectful partner broke the trust and did not stop when the safe word was used. Due to this I ended up having to have shoulder surgery. I had kept if to myself for about 5 years. Then finally 1/08 I finally told my current SO. It was very hard to tell him. We talked about it and I did want to try it again. We decided to start slow.

We have done handcuffed and then worked up to me being restrained using the under the bed restraint system that is on here and put spread eagle as well as blindfolded. So far so good. We have trust that he is always checking to make sure I am alright. From there teasing and fun.

We have talked recently that we do want to go further with it and planning to in the near future. THe key thing is to be with someone you can trust not to physically hurt you. Make sure to establish the safe word and talk abotu things outside of the bedroom to make sure you are on the same page. I have learned that all too well.

• Members

Yes, yes yes. Love it.

There are quite a few kinds of bondage as you said. Take some time to familiarize yourself with whats out there to see what arouses you.

As far as getting things going, you just have to go slow and kick it up a notch when you've become comfortable. Have good communication and most importantly CLEAR communication with your partner is key. Outline what you are NOT comfortable with in a general way and safe words can be good.

I've tried quite a variety and hands down Japanese rope play is my favorite. Something about the geometric knots all over your body that just gets me wet thinking about it. I believe I posted awhile ago in a previous thread a link to a beginners rope site. I'll see if I can find it again.

• Members

Our first occasion was enough to cause me to seek out a few books to learn more about the safety issues because I have to even more aware. She has a crooked spine and there are numerous ways that my inexperience could do some serious damage. I found Midori's in a Hustler I think it was, and it took quite a while to find a place that even thought of carrying books on subjects that are frowned upon by these zealots.

• Members

i have never tired anything in bondage but would love to try light bondage.

nothing rough. light stuff. like i have said before always willing to try something once

• Members

I am slightly interested but have never done any think like that at all...

Have you seen this article?

Bondage article

• Members

I LOVE bondage! I have a mass amount of experience in this area. My long term boyfriend of 7 year and I lived the lifestyle. As in, I was his slave in all things and he was my master. Very generalized terms of course, there are other ways to describe it. We did extreme bondage - serious restraining, toy use, orgasm delay, sensation play - you name it, we did it (within reason).

I also worked in a DOM / sub club for a while. Now THAT was an experience.

In my blog, www.wickedbed.com, I explore and revisit this time with clarity (although, I will have to see if I have un-privatized those posts). There are many, many, many different types of bondage.

I think there is a link to my bondage article already, this is a good one for beginners. I suggest people interested, start there. there is basic information on bondage (terms, definitions) and some ideas on how to play.

Of course, now that I am no longer with that guy, my bondage life has taken a sort of backseat, although the hubby and I do practice some bondage here and there. If you ever have specific questions, please feel free to ask. I probably know the answer, or can direct you to the place to find it!

• Members

The most I have done so far is having my hands pinned down (my SOs have always been stronger than me).... My SO and I ordered sportcuffs and restraints as well as some new toys..... so we are planning on starting up some bondage play this summer..... already picked out safeword.... pumpernickel...... xD

• Members

I have not yet tried bondage but have great interest in light bondage. I've read Mikayla's articles and read her wicked bed blog, which are great however it takes two.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I had my first true bondage experience just last week while on vacation with Sir. Of course, there have been times before when whoever would simply hold or pin down my arms with theirs. However, Sir actually used real cuffs on me. I thought it was pretty fantastic--not just for the fun of being tied up, but because I then didn't have to worry about what to do! When everything is always feeling it's most extreme for me, I tend to do a lot of stretching and flexing--fearing I look more like I'm flailing than anything remotely resembling anything sexy. Well, with the restraints around my wrists, I could simply pull on them and enjoy the ride! So, I've been converted. Yay bondage! No more feeling bad for not always being the active one! After all, it's not your fault if you're tied up, right? ;)

Honestly, before Sir, I was quite hesitant about anything nearing the concept of BDSM because of previous rapes, etc., etc. But, fortunately, I don't have any trust issues with Sir. In fact, he knows he's perfectly allowed to bend and break all my levels of "comfort." Sex and its various styles aren't unhealthy. Rather, they can actually be quite healing. If you find the right partner, exploring different things may just be the tonic you need to overcome past issues. That is, if you're like me. :D

• Members
Honestly, before Sir, I was quite hesitant about anything nearing the concept of BDSM because of previous rapes, etc., etc. But, fortunately, I don't have any trust issues with Sir. In fact, he knows he's perfectly allowed to bend and break all my levels of "comfort." Sex and its various styles aren't unhealthy. Rather, they can actually be quite healing. If you find the right partner, exploring different things may just be the tonic you need to overcome past issues. That is, if you're like me. :D

Sounds like you might even enjoy it now! You are a sreong woma to overcome all that!!!

• Review Team
I had my first true bondage experience just last week while on vacation with Sir. Of course, there have been times before when whoever would simply hold or pin down my arms with theirs. However, Sir actually used real cuffs on me. I thought it was pretty fantastic--not just for the fun of being tied up, but because I then didn't have to worry about what to do! When everything is always feeling it's most extreme for me, I tend to do a lot of stretching and flexing--fearing I look more like I'm flailing than anything remotely resembling anything sexy. Well, with the restraints around my wrists, I could simply pull on them and enjoy the ride! So, I've been converted. Yay bondage! No more feeling bad for not always being the active one! After all, it's not your fault if you're tied up, right? ;)

Thanks for sharing. I, too, have past issues to overcome, but the thought of being totally controlled by someone I can really trust is soooo appealing. I dabbed at it once and really liked it and I am now ready for the full scene - just have to find that someone I can trust that much. When I have the occasional dirty dream, BDSM is generally the theme. And I wake up … very tired. B)

• Members
Sounds like you might even enjoy it now! You are a sreong woma to overcome all that!!!

Aw, thanks! I take that as a compliment :) And yes, I did enjoy it. I was only there about three and a half days. I had hoped to get tied up some more in that time, but we got a little preoccupied with...umm...other things too. heehee Needless to say, I had a blast.

• Members

So true, but I was about twice your age before I figured it out. WTG!!

• Members

My SO and I started with discussions about sexual fantasies in general and then moved to discussing our own fantasies. I knew from prior comments that he had no interest in bondage, but was interested in blindfolds so that was the first thing we started with.

Also when I first talked about it I didn't put it in the context of bondage, rather I talked about wanting to give up control (I'm a bit of a control junkie) as I thought it might help me to experience sex more fully. In that context we discussed some options - me holding on to some portion of the bed or other furniture, him pinning my arms/hands down - neither of which we agreed seemed all that doable so the discussion moved to the possibility of tying my arms to the bed.

As the discussion evolved he brought up the idea of tying my hands to the bed. Mind you this was not just a single discussion - it occurred over a period of time - did my best to let him set the pace of the discusion. In the long run it worked well as it gave him a chance to become more comfortable with the idea. In fact when we decided that tying my hands to the bed would be the best way to see if I liked giving up control/not being in control he was the one who then decided the how and when.

So my suggestion - don't talk about it as bondage, but it in the context of helping you to experience sex more fully by giving up some degree of control. Also take time to let the discussion evolve. While this may not work for everyone it's worth a try.

As an FYI - bondage (light to moderate) is now a regular part of our sexual play and he enjoys it as much as I do.

• Members
My SO and I started with discussions about sexual fantasies in general and then moved to discussing our own fantasies. I knew from prior comments that he had no interest in bondage, but was interested in blindfolds so that was the first thing we started with.

Also when I first talked about it I didn't put it in the context of bondage, rather I talked about wanting to give up control (I'm a bit of a control junkie) as I thought it might help me to experience sex more fully. In that context we discussed some options - me holding on to some portion of the bed or other furniture, him pinning my arms/hands down - neither of which we agreed seemed all that doable so the discussion moved to the possibility of tying my arms to the bed.

As the discussion evolved he brought up the idea of tying my hands to the bed. Mind you this was not just a single discussion - it occurred over a period of time - did my best to let him set the pace of the discusion. In the long run it worked well as it gave him a chance to become more comfortable with the idea. In fact when we decided that tying my hands to the bed would be the best way to see if I liked giving up control/not being in control he was the one who then decided the how and when.

So my suggestion - don't talk about it as bondage, but it in the context of helping you to experience sex more fully by giving up some degree of control. Also take time to let the discussion evolve. While this may not work for everyone it's worth a try.

As an FYI - bondage (light to moderate) is now a regular part of our sexual play and he enjoys it as much as I do.

thanks....

I'll try it, We'll see. We're both control junkies in different ways. His is work, mine is about life. I'll let you know if we make any progress.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It's funny that this was the first topic I found in here. I joined this forum because my husband wants it all when I am being the dominant one. I am not shy about doing it, but I have no idea how to get started with the really rough stuff and I don't want any uncomfortable moments. My husband is a very strong guy and has a very high threshold for pain.

We have a bit of experience with it but he wants a lot more than I am currently capable of providing. It's thrilling to see him react the way he does when I'm doing it, and it's even more thrilling to have him dominate me. I have about 5 months to get schooled because he's deployed right now, so any advice of where to "get my learn on" would be greatly appreciated.

I did just order Nina Hartley's guide to Sensual domination for me and for him and I'm going to see what I can learn from those. After I feel I am ready, I am thinking about ordering her Guide to Erotic Bondage if I like her first DVD.

• Review Team
It's funny that this was the first topic I found in here. I joined this forum because my husband wants it all when I am being the dominant one. I am not shy about doing it, but I have no idea how to get started with the really rough stuff and I don't want any uncomfortable moments. My husband is a very strong guy and has a very high threshold for pain.

We have a bit of experience with it but he wants a lot more than I am currently capable of providing. It's thrilling to see him react the way he does when I'm doing it, and it's even more thrilling to have him dominate me. I have about 5 months to get schooled because he's deployed right now, so any advice of where to "get my learn on" would be greatly appreciated.

I did just order Nina Hartley's guide to Sensual domination for me and for him and I'm going to see what I can learn from those. After I feel I am ready, I am thinking about ordering her Guide to Erotic Bondage if I like her first DVD.

Sounds like you are on the right track. You may even start a new thread looking for suggestions if you don't get many replies here. I am certainly no expert- just really got started. I haven't ever really dominated a man, although the thought is becoming more and more interesting. :huh:

Mikayla on here is a great source of information. Good luck and please share anything you learn!

• Members

I have in the past done bondage.The main area with a fetish like this is trust.Trust must be established between the two people.Also at the beggining there should be a discussion(how in depth is up to the individuals)as to what is going to happen.There should also be some sort of communication(safe word) between the two if either is starting to feel uncomfortable.

• Members

I would love to be blindfolded so I don't have expectations about what I see. I would like to feel the different sensations of: feathers, leather, warming oil, ice, anything that would be sensual and have texture to feel in some way...... heaven!