Official Community Forums Home

So Now What?

mystofpric

• Members

OKay so today I broke the mold, I climbed WAY out of my skin, I don't even know where my comfort zone is any more.

At my part time job I had been flirting with one of the customers for a while now (Customer Hottie). After one of my co-workers comment about how he m,ust like me since he doesn't really talk to anyone else and he calls me sweetheart <swoon>, I decided to go for it. When he came in tonight to pick up his usual, I gave him my phone number with his change. I didn't make any kind of a deal out of it cause i was at work and it's an uber small town. He left and went on his marry way, I'm not even sure he saw it before he left teh building. So now what?!

If he doesn;t call so i entertain the possiblity he never saw the number and chucked it thinking it was just his receipt? Or do i assume he just doesn't want to doanything more than just flirt? GAH!!!! Man, let's hope he calls cause that would be so much easier and, well, in my head we have awesome sex, LOL.

• Members

Suzy, this only happened yesterday. wait. see what happens. I'm not sure about any one else, but I've always looked, or glanced at a receipt prior to tossing. I say go on the assumption he saw it. Keep the ball is his park.

• Members

Sweetie if he knows whats good for him he will call. Give it time. I know easier said than done.

• Members

just give it some time. If he is a usual customer, judge his reaction the next time he comes in if he hasn't called. I personally always look at my receipt, even if I'm just picking up milk. I'm sure he saw it. Be patient.

• Review Team

I so proud of you Suzy <sniff, sniff> - my baby is growing up. I know how hard it can be to get up the nerve to make the first move, so YAY to you for doing it!

See, here's the thing:

Many people don't look over their reciepts so long as they know the correct price/change was exchanged.

If he doesn't call in say, 5 days, do it again. However, next time, be a bit more obvious with it. Tell him that "Here's a little bonus for you today", with a slip of paper with your number on it. That way, he KNOWS to look at it. Then, if he doesn't call, you know it was because he didn't want too, not full of "what ifs".

Good for you girl! Takes a lotta guts to do that, and we're all proud of you! Admit it, it's a rush too, right?

• Members

UGH! You must be dyin'!!!! keep us posted!

• Members

Sorry, I for one NEVER look at reciepts. I assume Mr. Wonderful must be around your age bracket, be careful I'm from the OL' School and we get scared off if a woman's too forward. That being said best of luck kid'o. :D

• Members

You go girl!! Thats awesome. It def takes some guts to make that move! I have to agree with Tyger though. Alot of times people don't look at their receipts. Make it a bit more obvious next time if you get no response. Good luck hotness!

• Members

damn girl that takes guts and I would be flattered if a girl does that to get my attention I tip my hat off to you. good luck

• Members

I agree with dscn here. It is flattering and it does take guts. However I rarely look at receipts so if he doesn't call you should not see it as failure. Follow Tyger's advice if this happens!

• Members

Hey Suzy.........Go Girl!

I agree with tyger, too.

If you slip him the number again, use a colored piece of paper.

Receipts are usually white, and he will notice it is different.

I'm so excited!! Keep us posted!

• Members

Oh I'm definitely going to give it time. Although i did get home from work last night to find my answering machine blinking and a little bit of me said "whoa." LOL Shortstuff knows, I've been trying to give this guy my number for a week or so but everytime he'd come in someone else would wait on him! UGH! LOL He doesn't normally take a reciept as he pays cash and since he pretty much gets teh exact same thing he more or less knows the total.

GOING NUTS, OFFICIALLY.

Thanks guys for the support, y'all will be among the first to know if i get a call. And hell if I don't hear from him and he doesn't seem like he got it tomorrow night (yeah he's in every nught during the week) I'll wait till next monday then write it out RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Can't miss that right? If he threw it away he did so after he left the store. <Fingers crossed> God i'm never this ballsy! See what 16 months of no lovin' will do to a girl!?

• Members

You know, as a beautiful young woman, you are allowed to just ask the object of your desire to go out. What warm blooded male would rebuff your amorous advances. It has to be less stressful than all this subterfuge.

However, the deed is done. So now take advantage of being a cute female, and coyly ask him about the receipt. Ask if he didn't noticed your phone number. Ask him with a sweet smile if he wishes he had. Because isn't that the point. Gush with flirtatiousness. He will be powerless to resist.

• Members

If he doesn't seem to be getting the hint maybe sometime when you are waiting on him you could undo a couple of

buttons on your blouse and let him get a glimpse of the goodies. THAT should get his attention! LOL

Seriously, good for you. The day of a girl having to sit and wait around for a guy are gone. You have the perfect right to make the first move

if you feel there is someone you would like to spend time with. Best of luck.

• Members

Aww thanks guys!

DADT, if he doesn't act like he got it tomorrow then, would it be pushy of me to just be like "Look, I tried be coy, but maybe I succeded a littl;e TOO well, here's my number call me if you want to get dinner or something."? I just don't want to make a scene, when I say UBER small town Keene (where I work) doesn't have 100 people living there!

Boomer, I'd totally undo the top buttons, if i had any but unfortunately my polo doesn't. so short of flashing him (always an option right?) the girls can't help much more than they do just by hanging out.

• Members

Good luck girl, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!!!

• Members

Hey the other half told you what to do tonight. He is so bad. I wish you the best sweetie and you do have a lot of guts.

• Members

Suzy,

I gotta agree with Pappy and DADT.... Guys can be really dense at times, often not seeing the obvious... I mean Mrs Grumpy barely registered on my radar screen (even though we had been acquainted for probably 10 years) while I was busy talking and teasing around with some of the other girls she was hanging out with - and then she hit me in the head with a snow ball - yep you read that right, I turned my back and got pelted.... up to that point I never really looked at her in "that way" then came the talking and teasing around.... she invited me to come over to play pool since her parents had a table in the basement.... that was over 21years ago and we're still together....

Point is, the first step is the hardest and you get nothing if you don't try..... you need to let him know you're interested - beyond just chatting it up - and you may need to be a little more ... um..... obvious.

One way to write it out in front of him.... maybe take his cash and say, "wait a minute."...write your name and number on a bright piece of paper.... "here ya go, you might want this"..... He should look at out of curiousity - then the rest is up to him. OR, "I would really like it if you called me sometime".... the approach depends on the person...

Heck, If you're in New York state you could always pelt him with a snowball.... :)

• Members
Aww thanks guys!

DADT, if he doesn't act like he got it tomorrow then, would it be pushy of me to just be like "Look, I tried be coy, but maybe I succeded a littl;e TOO well, here's my number call me if you want to get dinner or something."? I just don't want to make a scene, when I say UBER small town Keene (where I work) doesn't have 100 people living there!

Boomer, I'd totally undo the top buttons, if i had any but unfortunately my polo doesn't. so short of flashing him (always an option right?) the girls can't help much more than they do just by hanging out.

Jeepers. Wish I did not have to give out so many pep talks to you gals.

OK, Lady Suzy, forget the f#%@ing receipt. Are you an adult? Yes. Are you a desirable woman? Yes (Louder, I can't hear you). YES! Is he handsome & interesting enough to want to get to know him better. YES!

This is what you do when you see him. Clear your throat. Nice Smile. Look him right in the eye. Now repeat after me:

"Hi _______(name of hunk here), I am going to go to the movies/state fair/quilting exhibition on Saturday. Would you like to go with me?

Yeah Suzy, ask him. Men are dense. Your flirting will be interpreted as "oh she's just extra friendly lately." So just say it. I bet he'll be thrilled.

• Members
Jeepers. Wish I did not have to give out so many pep talks to you gals.

OK, Lady Suzy, forget the f#%@ing receipt. Are you an adult? Yes. Are you a desirable woman? Yes (Louder, I can't hear you). YES! Is he handsome & interesting enough to want to get to know him better. YES!

This is what you do when you see him. Clear your throat. Nice Smile. Look him right in the eye. Now repeat after me:

"Hi _______(name of hunk here), I am going to go to the movies/state fair/quilting exhibition on Saturday. Would you like to go with me?

Yeah Suzy, ask him. Men are dense. Your flirting will be interpreted as "oh she's just extra friendly lately." So just say it. I bet he'll be thrilled.

How can you not love this guy! :kiss: