Official Community Forums Home

So Why Did You Come To Tt?

mailahn97

• Members

I was doing some thinking today and was curious about something. We have so many great people on TT and I was thinking about what brought me to TT and keeps me here. Here are a few questions to ponder.

How did you find out about TT?

Were you possibly looking for advice, researching things or just looking for a place to express your opinions? After you got the information you were looking for did you ever think you would be an active member or are you new and thinking hey this is a great place and are gonna stick around.

What keeps you here...are you still learning, possibly due to making great friends, looking for more information or maybe using it as a tool to help resolve some underlying issues you may have. Possibly with sex, intimacy or the other sex.

Just curious as to what everyones thoughts are to this. Obviously everyone that is here is interested in sex and everything with it.

• Members

Hmm! This should be interesting...

So I came here last spring/summer because the guy I was trying to hook up with was into BDSM and I wanted to know more! From Then I got suckered in with all thre great people! I have great friends here now and I can't imagine any where else I'd rather be in cyber space. Although there have been reasons why I shouldn't still be here and issues, i keep coming back for my friends. That and i find that from what I have learned here I have some good advice to give!

• Members

I am thinking I should answer my own questions. I originally found this board from a site I belong to that advertises freebies. I had never owned or thought about owning toys. Then in 12/07 I met my SO and he introduced me to my first toy. That intrigued me some. Also through discussions with him and realizing how sheltered my sexual experiences were before him I wanted to learn more.

I started reading the threads and joined the board 2/08. From the beginning everyone was great and I was so appreciative of that. So then I saw about becoming a reviewer which I was approved for in 3/08. Since then so many doors to my sexual being have been opened. I went from bring SO VANILLA to loving to explore new positions and experiences.

With this I decided that I would try anything at least once before I passed judgement. Then I realized I have made such a great group of friends here. I enjoy giving back to the forum when I can. I also am glad that when I have questions I can turn to here as well.

We have a great group of mature adults that enjoy having and at times sharing experiences so that others can learn and grow from this. I don't know where I would have been without this site. I have had such great experiences and have learned so much

• Review Team

I wanted to get some toys was not happy with the place I was ordering from. I did some web searches and found TT and made some purchases. The service was great, so I came back for more. Then I was clicking around and found the forum. I lurked for awhile but didn't think it would be for me because everyone seemed to know each other. LOL! Now I know why - posters here become friends. :)

Anyway, I was going through some mess and needed some opinions. Due to certain circumstances, there wasn't anyone IRL who I could talk to about it, so I opted to go ahead and post to see what folks here would say. I found everyone was really nice and helpful and I guess the friendliness of people here sucked me in. I started to IM with some people from here and it just grew from there.

I think the thing that keeps me here, even tho I did leave for awhile, is the same basic thing that got to posting all those months (nearly a year!) ago -- people who will be open and honest about things that I cannot talk about with anyone in my family or any of my real world friends. Oh, and I kind of like sex and talking and reading about it. ;)

• Members

Great thread Shortstuff. I am looking forward to everyone's answers.

I found the site because I experienced female ejaculation and didn't know what the heck was happeneing. I actually thought - oh great, I've waited so long to start enjoying myself that now I'm incontinent! I think I seached "orgasm and gushing" and found one of Mikayla's great articles. I was expanding my toy collection at the time and found TT a great place to shop. I lurked for months, then finally took the plunge and joined the forums. I had some questions to ask and found some places that I thought I could contribute. Sometimes I ask myself why I'm still here :P I find the questions, responses and reviews really interesting sometimes. I feel like I have learned things that I never would have elsewhere. Most of the time, I enjoy the community here.

Suzy, what do you mean there are reasons why you shouldn't be here!!??

• Members
Suzy, what do you mean there are reasons why you shouldn't be here!!??

Just issues I had with the board and some people here. I really try not to be around people who are likely to set me off. Just that. Don't worry Beany, I'm not going any where!

• Members

I found this site from an advertisement link on a magazine forum back in 2007. I had been making a conscious effort to make some major changes in my life and outlook following a long dry spell due to a severe health crisis of my husbands as well as some other ongoing issues. Had broken the taboo and purchased my first 2 toys and was just reading, experimenting, and researching everything and anything when I found TT. Lurked for awhile before posting a comment/question and by then I already felt like I knew everyone just from reading their posts everyday. The Proverbial Floodgates of Perpetual Horniness had been opened and it was a blast to be able to talk about it all and hear everyone else's thoughts on the subject and remain anonymous. At this point my toy collection and sensual horizons have reached almost epic proportions and I pretty much live by the principal of "at least one "O" a day, one way or another! This is truly the fountain of youth people! ;) This place gets addictive fast and I have come light years from where I was when I first stumbled across it. Even when the boards get slow there is always something new or different that will come up to get you thinking!

• Members
How did you find out about TT?

Were you possibly looking for advice, researching things or just looking for a place to express your opinions? After you got the information you were looking for did you ever think you would be an active member or are you new and thinking hey this is a great place and are gonna stick around.

What keeps you here...are you still learning, possibly due to making great friends, looking for more information or maybe using it as a tool to help resolve some underlying issues you may have. Possibly with sex, intimacy or the other sex.

Good questions!! I think you may already know my answers, at least a portion! But hey, here goes anyway!

I found TT when I was looking for sex toys! LOL Imagine that. Clicked a link that brought me there, loved that great selection, clicked on the "Community Message Boards" out of curiosity, and haven't looked back since!! I was awed by the collection of people here, how caring and considerate everyone was with each other. Then I posted a very deep-seeded question, and got some very excellent responses from everyone, to include Dadt..TT's own Marriage Counselor LOL :P (WINKS) Needless to say, what keeps me here is simple..the people! Smart, outspoken, and compassionate people. What the world should be like in it's entirety.

• Members

I found this site while doing a search for toys. I lurked for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join.

The how-to articles are amazing to read :) I've learned a lot by reading them. Here at the age of 48, I thought I knew it all. Boy, what a surprise...lol

I read a lot of the forums and found the questions and responses to be quite informative.

Also, I've noticed there are no bashing of anyone on this site posting a question :D:D:D . That is a big plus in deciding whether to post on a forum :)

As a new member of this site, I'd like to thank all the posters for the GREAT information aquired. It will certainly be put into use in our future lovemaking sessions!

Garry

• Members

great thread SS.

I can't even remember how I found TT, but I lurked, reading the articles and such for a long, long time before joining. When I read the advertisement for reviewers needed and was excepted, that's when I joined. We/I had a few toys and some games before becoming a reviewer, and had been only a little experimental. I viewed it as a challenge and a way to open and push the envelope. I was on the quest to find out everything I could about sex and sexual behavior. I also believe every women needs to find herself (so to speak) and I wanted to be apart of that, even though I was completely timid in the bedroom and on the board. Boy has life changed since then.

I stay simply because I enjoy the 'light banter', friendliness, openness, non-judgmental advice and education I've receive here, and if I can help someone along the way it makes my day.

I only wish there was something like this 20t yeas ago when I got married

• Members

My friend had prompted me to buy my first toy from a little no name online store..... but I wanted something that was a little more.... personal.....

I was grabbed by the free toy and the amount of knowledge on the forum! I love it here (seeing as I've spent a year so far!!) =D

• Members

I came to TT looking for some very light restraints for my husband and I . I found the chat room, and for the most part wonderful people here at the boards. I have grown so much sexually over the last year, it's amazing. I have learned to talk to and open up honestly to my husband with positive encouragement, and to enjoy my sexual side.

• Members

I came here because I googled g-spot orgasms and found Mikayla's "Holy Grail " article. I had just had a new baby and we started having sex again. I had my first G-spot O and was like, "WTF was that!!!" So I wanted to find out more. Now I am multi orgasmic and I ejaculate. Sex has become ten times more enjoyable to me! Holy smokes how far I have come from last year!

• Members

I didn't grow up with parents or a school who did the sex ed [101] thing.

As I grew up, I wanted to find somewhere where I could talk about sex and masturbation and relationships and not feel pressured or uncomfortable. I stumbled upon tootimid when I was googling blowjobs (blush yes) and I started reading the forums and I decided to join. I've learned so much from every single of the members on this site and I feel like it's going to make me a better lover someday because now I have the knowledge to be a good partner and give advice to others who need it. Tootimid has been the best way to get over my fears and ask anything, really and without being judged. Wonderful really that a forum can help with those things, I owe to you guys. Thank you!

This is actually kinda funny.

A friend of mine, whom I "knew" from a mother message board I belonged too, told me about a place she found free sex toys on, and gave me the link. I actually got 2 freebies from here (a Pocket Rocket and a Doc Johnson bullet thing), and looked over the site. I joined the forum that same day I placed the order!! The woman that directed me here isn't a member of the forums, though I have tried (she's very busy with 5 kids of various ages). But, I have shared with her some reviews and stuff.

It was about 6 mos later that Rob posted a message that they were looking for new Review Team Members, and I was one of the "old schoolers" so to speak, where I didn't fill out stuff online. Rob called me and told me what it all entailed, and I got my first toy that I did a review on for TooTimid, and I was HOOKED! LOL Yes, on the product page, that's me, "Meaghan from Houston, TX". LOL Yes, my name the same as & is spelled just the same as our very own Meaghan (who rocks!).

So, you can blame a Canadian woman named Debbie for my presense, and Rob for my addiction to sex toys!!! LMAO

• Members

After 10 years of marriage, my wife revealed that she wanted to do a threesome (had hinted at it over the years but I was too dumb to pick up on it) and is bicurious. Googling "threesome" brought me here. Stuck around due to all the other info available about sex and people's preferences, idiosyncrasies, hopes, dreams, desires. I don't get on here all that often and don't get to read everything, so there is always something new to find. Reading the forum is also a way to veg and unwind a bit.

• Members

I found TT randomly. I saw an ad in a magazine and my curiosity was peaked. Checked out the website. Saw the forums link and found a whole new universe. A lot of smart & interesting people having grown-up discussions about a subject very dear to me. That's what keeps me coming back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought I would bump this up to see what brought some of our other members new and old to the site.

I was curious what brought some others. Are you someone that loves sex and everything about it, someone that hates it and wants nothing to do with it or in between the two.

It is always fun to see what other members on here think and why their joining came about.

• Members

I was in a serious relationship last year or so and was more open about sex than I've ever been. I googled sex forums and came upon this forum. I usually come here for ideas and advice. This place has really helped me out and made me feel more comfortable about sex. :) I won't deny though when I came here at first I was always ver aroused by the stories I've read from certain post and stories people has posted in the forum. Everyone is very friendly here and helpful which I love. :) I plan on always using this forum.

• Members

i actually googled cheap sex toys about 3 years ago. i had been using a personal massager for a little while but wanted to try something different, and i was embarrassed to go someplace and buy something. after my first purchase I signed up to receive monthly emails, started reading some of the tips. I posted like one question on the forum a little over 2 years ago but didn't come back for a long time. then about 2 months ago i wanted some new tips for giving oral and this was the first place i thought to look. now i am on the site at least once a week, its very useful.

• Members

I first came to this site looking for answers to questions I had being a 22 year old virgin, so I googled it I really don't remeber what it was but I found a lot of sites but tt was the first one to break it down into so simply that you didn't need a phd to understand what they were talking about. What kept me here was the layed back and willingness of the members to help out and answers any questions you have no matter how stupid you may think they are.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I followed my wife here...I just liked looking at her butt of course. Actually she encouraged me to join and participate. Been a while now since I joined. Never regretted it. I've learned alot and our sex-life certainly got better when we started trying out stuff.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I was cruising through some archived forums/threads/posts, and I came across this one...Interesting read, As I believe it is still an interesting question, " Why Did You Come To TT "..Its been almost 2 1/2 years since anyone has posted a reply, but the reason or explanations are still valid.

Sorry for the re-hash people, please bear with me...

As for me, as Ive previously stated, I merely stumbled across the site sometime during the 2nd week of December this year (2011), As with my work, I am on the computer quite a bit, so I couldnt tell you what I as searching when I found this site. I know it wasn't " Toys " as I dont possess any, not currently anyway.

However I did find the forums of " Too Timid " somehow, and I began reading the many different topics within, the varying opinions of how others viewed SEX within their own personal intimate lives. As with most men, I am not very open at all with discussing SEX with anyone, not my closest of friends, only to the person I am sexually involved with. So this idea of sharing sexual thoughts, sexual ideas to anyone and everyone in an open forum, it was intriguing, to me!

I signed onto "Too Timid" the same day I found the site, and for reasons unbeknownst to me, Ive been sharing thoughts, stories and ideas that actually, I never knew I had. I guess the complete animosity makes it easier, somewhat at least for me.

Ive admitted I enjoy SEX and it seems I enjoy sharing my thoughts on SEX as well. I also enjoy reading what others have to say. There are so many here with a wealth of knowledge when it comes to SEX, I find the topics so interesting.

I hope nothing but success here on Too Timid...Hopefully things will pick up again. As I have stated before in other threads, I hate seeing my own name plastered onto every topic, as if I am discussing SEX more or less with myself, I have some disdain for self masturbation...I know Im not, but it does appear that way sometimes...Silly I know, but it does hinder my idea to post more...

So...

Why Did You Cum To "Too Timid"...B)

• Members

great thread SS.

I can't even remember how I found TT, but I lurked, reading the articles and such for a long, long time before joining. When I read the advertisement for reviewers needed and was excepted, that's when I joined. We/I had a few toys and some games before becoming a reviewer, and had been only a little experimental. I viewed it as a challenge and a way to open and push the envelope. I was on the quest to find out everything I could about sex and sexual behavior. I also believe every women needs to find herself (so to speak) and I wanted to be apart of that, even though I was completely timid in the bedroom and on the board. Boy has life changed since then.

I stay simply because I enjoy the 'light banter', friendliness, openness, non-judgmental advice and education I've receive here, and if I can help someone along the way it makes my day.

I only wish there was something like this 20t yeas ago when I got married

I came to TT for the reasons listed above. I stay because the banter is fun even when not much is going on in the forum here. Also, in a long standing relationship many different issues do come up, it's nice, even reassuring, to be able to benefit from other experience with similar issues.