Official Community Forums Home

How Often ...

sass

• Review Team

I thought of this question when in the ask/answer a question thread and decided it could make an interesting thread on its own. (Seems like forever since I have had a good question!)

When you and your partner are having sexual relations, however you want to define that, what percentage of the time do you have an orgasm but not your partner and what percentage of the time does your partner but not you?

For hubby and I, I would say about 20% of the time only one of us does, and it is pretty equally split between the two of us. There are times when I give him oral and he cums, I swallow, and things are done. There are times he gets going on me with toys and/or oral and I cum and we are done. That is how it usually happens that only one of gets there but there have been a couple of times that penetration was involved, again maybe once or twice where I got and O and he didn't, and visa versa.

So how about you? Do you both, always, 100% of the time, orgasm? Is one of you better at giving than receiving? Or is it about equal?

• Members
I thought of this question when in the ask/answer a question thread and decided it could make an interesting thread on its own. (Seems like forever since I have had a good question!)

When you and your partner are having sexual relations, however you want to define that, what percentage of the time do you have an orgasm but not your partner and what percentage of the time does your partner but not you?

For hubby and I, I would say about 20% of the time only one of us does, and it is pretty equally split between the two of us. There are times when I give him oral and he cums, I swallow, and things are done. There are times he gets going on me with toys and/or oral and I cum and we are done. That is how it usually happens that only one of gets there but there have been a couple of times that penetration was involved, again maybe once or twice where I got and O and he didn't, and visa versa.

So how about you? Do you both, always, 100% of the time, orgasm? Is one of you better at giving than receiving? Or is it about equal?

great question, I really have to think about this before I answer..... It's a tuff one.

• Members

In the past... (I'll say before TT ;) ) I would say that me having an orgasm during sex was a 50/50 chance and not ever during penetration.

Now I cannot say that during any session more recently that only one of us has finished. Unless it is something like, I gave him oral and then got tired but even then sometimes I orgasm just doing that alone... but that is just me and I am odd! LOL

• Members

OK, don't be haters......

I always orgasm. I always have at least 3 orgasms. My hubby always orgasms.

I honestly can not think of a time during sex in the last 15 years that I have not had an orgasm. I attribute this to my knowledge of my own body, my ability to be in connection with it, and my husband's ability to do what is needed to 'get me there.'

I can not think of a time during sex when my hubby did not orgasm (minus the ED times, and then he would orgasm during oral, maybe just not sex)

• Members

Like Mikayla I always orgasm - it's not always during intercourse, but it always happens. Lucky for me my SO loves to see me orgasm and he'll do whatever to make sure it happens (toys, oral, fingers, intercourse) and almost always multiple times. With such a giving partner I'd be very remiss to not provide the same for him - that said there has probably been 1/2 dozen times in the 3 yrs we've been together when he hasn't orgasmed - always related to him being extremely stressed and fatigued - and boy do we have a good time trying!! Not a bad track record given our ages (54 and 57).

• Members

Same for me I always have and he loved making it happen multiple times as well. For him I would say most times he has. He would get a kick out of me and try to count them as it can happen very easily for me.

• Members

I always make sure my wife has an orgasm one way or another ;) . I haven't had one maybe once or twice in all the years we've been married due to too many drinks :rolleyes: .

• Members

I still struggle a lot with orgasms. I've only really been sexually active for about 3 years now and I was slow to pick up on a lot of things.

Now I'd say I orgasm 60% of the time, which is an immense improvement for me. The hubby has only missed out maybe 3 times during the two years we've been together. But in those cases I didn't come either.

• Members
I still struggle a lot with orgasms. I've only really been sexually active for about 3 years now and I was slow to pick up on a lot of things.

Now I'd say I orgasm 60% of the time, which is an immense improvement for me. The hubby has only missed out maybe 3 times during the two years we've been together. But in those cases I didn't come either.

I want to tell you, I was much worse! For many years I couldn't even orgasm during intercourse! We would try to get me there during foreplay but it was about a 50/50 chance. It takes a woman awhile to figure things out! Especially with all the taboos and hangups that are instilled in us as little girls... (my situation, not trying to assume yours...)

Someone said that something like 90% of orgasm for women is psychological! It has a lot to do with mood setting stress etc... Trying your absolute best to relax beforehand is extremely helpful! That and focusing your attention on him, how aroused he is and the feelings you are feeling makes things move pretty smoothly!

Let us know if you have specific questions we are here to help!

• Members

I agree up til about a little less than 2 years ago. I never had an orgasm. Then I found the right person to help me explore and learn a lot. Then whammo not only was I having orgasm's every time but found out I was a squirter as well. I agree with the mental thing as I realized when I just let things go and not worried it was much easier. I was so hung up that it caused me nothing but grief. My was from an abusive ex and a lot of self esteem issues. Thankfully the partner I found was patient and understanding.

• Members

glad you found yourself.

my SO also was with an abusive jerk!don't think it affected her as much as you.she was just with guys all her life that didn't care about anyone but themselves.now I am having a great time showing her how much fun 2 people can have sexually.slowly but surely she is comming out of her shell,and I am going to be the recipient of some great sex in the future,as she learns to relax and try new things.

as for the guys lke you and she had.....well lets just say round all them up put them on an island and nuke them!hate guys like that!!!!!

• Members
glad you found yourself.

my SO also was with an abusive jerk!don't think it affected her as much as you.she was just with guys all her life that didn't care about anyone but themselves.now I am having a great time showing her how much fun 2 people can have sexually.slowly but surely she is comming out of her shell,and I am going to be the recipient of some great sex in the future,as she learns to relax and try new things.

as for the guys lke you and she had.....well lets just say round all them up put them on an island and nuke them!hate guys like that!!!!!

AMEN!

• Members
"Good girls don't do that" . No telling how many relationships that has killed.

Don't get me started!! SO TRUE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I agree up til about a little less than 2 years ago. I never had an orgasm. Then I found the right person to help me explore and learn a lot. Then whammo not only was I having orgasm's every time but found out I was a squirter as well. I agree with the mental thing as I realized when I just let things go and not worried it was much easier. I was so hung up that it caused me nothing but grief. My was from an abusive ex and a lot of self esteem issues. Thankfully the partner I found was patient and understanding.

You waited a long time for for your first orgasm, I hope your making up for lost time? :D

• Members

Both, yes, 100% of the time. Or at least let me say I can't recall the last time one of us "missed".

And I'd have to say we're about equal with giving and receiving, too.

Reading back over some of the replies, I guess I should be counting my blessings :D

• Members

I am one of the lucky ones. I have at least 2 each time the most i have had in one sesion would prob be around 6. honest i swear! my dh is very attentive to me and always makes sure iam pleased b4 he is. and we have sex at least 5 times a wk some times more, some days it will be 3 or more times a day. need less to say i am usally walking around w/ a smile on my face. lol

until I met my fiance, I had never orgasmed! but, he gave me my first. I've only had sex twice where the guy did not finish, and that was only when we were on a round #2. lately, he's been so good, he's been giving me full-body AND multiple orgasms. yet another reason I plan on this being a permanent relationship! ;) Now we're both 100%, though he usually can give me more than I give him.

• Members
I am one of the lucky ones. I have at least 2 each time the most i have had in one sesion would prob be around 6. honest i swear! my dh is very attentive to me and always makes sure iam pleased b4 he is. and we have sex at least 5 times a wk some times more, some days it will be 3 or more times a day. need less to say i am usally walking around w/ a smile on my face. lol

5X a week, 3X or more each day....... I'm officially jealous! Not even on my honeymoon 3X a Day :(

***** Do you think he's notice the difference if we blindfolded him, and gave you a break? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
5X a week, 3X or more each day....... I'm officially jealous! Not even on my honeymoon 3X a Day :(

***** Do you think he's notice the difference if we blindfolded him, and gave you a break? :P

Oh, LL, you naughty, naughty girl! :P