Official Community Forums Home

Sex Toy Storage And Hiding

• Members

I'm curious to see what people use for storage and hiding of their sex toys. Right now, we've got a couple of young kids and have our things in a shoebox among a lot of other shoeboxes. I know kids will snoop sometimes so I'd like to hear what others do. I'd hate to try to explain a rabbit vibrator or a fleshlight to someone under 8.

Well, I can honestly say that my 4 yr old is very good about not snooping. Especially when I tell her that this isn't hers, and that my room isn't a place to play. But, I think I'm a rare exception! :P

As far as what I have my toys in, well, as a Reviewer, I have a few more than would fit in a shoebox, ;) So, we have a fairly large (I'd say 15 gallon) milky-clearish plastic box with a white lid for all our stuff. I have a large basket in it, that hides a lot of the shapes that would be visible thru the plastic, and then I also have some toys that have come with the convenient pouches, that don't need to go in the basket. I can make room, and put the stuff that won't fit in the basket, or in a pouch, in the center, still hidden. I have the box tucked in beside our bureau, and wall, also hidden by our bed.

What I really want to get is one of those foot lockers, like the kind you get for college. THAT is my dream Toy Box. Painted PURPLE, of course. I know, I'm sad. :P

• Members

This is my toy box. I will prolly have to get a bigger one eventually, but this one is so cute I had to have it. And in the meantime it keeps my toys locked away from nosey family members.

corsettoybox.jpg

Oooooooooo!!! Me like!

• Members

I just ordered two that look very much like that. I decided that having toys hidden throughout my room was probably not a good idea. My 13 year old is snoopy--looking for things I have grounded him from. Locks will be much better!!!

• Members

That's wicked cute, LTI!!

As another reviewer, I, too, have too many toys to fit in a shoebox (no complaints here! :)). We already had a lockable hope chest in our bedroom, so that's what we use -- plenty of room for any future additions!

• Members

I just saw in a newsletter from another site that I frequent (they have stuff there that TooTimid does NOT carry!) and I saw this item called the "Hide the Vibe Pillow." Essentially, it is a pillow that opens up for storage of toys, lubes, etc. Now, while I think this is clever if you have only a few - I can see someone flopping down on my bed and having one of them go off and vibrate the pillow right off the bed!

Not a bad idea though! ;)

• Members

Kayla, I have seen that her if I remember correctly. I guess not, I could not find the link, but I have seen several of these and thought sure, that's cute, but impractical for me and the number of gadgets and gizmos we have got.

• Members

My roommate accidentally found my toys in my dresser when she was looking for a shirt. Since then I keep my toys in satin pouches in my headboard. When I was still living in my parents house would take the batteries out of my toys and hide them in one of my pillows.

Yes, you are right Mike, they did carry such a pillow here. But I can't find it now, no matter what keyword I type in!!

• Members

If I remember correctly, the last time I saw it was in the clearance section, so they MAY have stopped carrying it...? I thought it a wicked cute idea, but it was a little pricey, and if you've got more than a few toys, you're gonna need a whole bedful of hide-a-way pillows! Hehe!

• Members

I use a faux leather photo box. Now I don't have any children so i don't have any need for a lock of any kind. It even has a place for a pic of Brian and I

We have found a bottom bureau drawer w toys covered by sweatshirts works well. Nightstand tables are always of interest...visiting parents, guests and cleaning woman. Found out by being embarrased....by guest who said she was "looking for a tissue" and looked over our toys in drawer of nightstand. Anyway, we talked about it & suggested she look into toys herself....and she did!

Kids generally don't open bottom drawers. Also the larger space enabes us to see the toys together & make our selection.

• Members

Well, we have used a variety of things over the years, we had a box for a while we just kept under the bed. About a year ago, I upgraded to a "treasure chest" I got from Hobby Lobby on clearance for about 10 bucks. It looks nice and has a place for a small lock, like the ones that used to come on luggage or a childs piggy bank. We don't have a lock on there, and the kids don't come play in our room so that is not really the issue. Most of our friends have see the chest and know what it is, but I think it's a nice way to keep them. The inside is lined with red velvet and to keep from fibers getting all over the toys, I put a purple silk scarf in the bottom.

I keep trying to get a pic of it up here, but I cannot seem to load them from my computer.

• Members

I won a pretty big jewelry chest at a Bunco game about a year or so ago, so I used that for some of our "stuff", but this year, just days before we moved, I won a second little treasure chest, that will work great for the vibrators I have, I only have a couple right now, so I might have to upgrade later on. I did find my middle daughter looking in the keeler chest, in her defense, we never had anything to hide, so never had any rules to not snoop... that has changed. But I also buy things that aren't totally obvious as to what they are for.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
also how do i become a reviewer??????????????????????

tia

cinnie0

I believe sometime in the near future, there will be posted the procedure for applying for a reviewer position. Please wait until then, to see how Rob would like things handled. Thanks!

Until then, especially where I see this was your first post, I make the suggestion that you look around all the wonderful aspects of this site. Get a feel for not only the company, but the people involved here. See how other reviewers write reviews to see what information is desired in the descriptions of the toys. Answer other's questions as you can and ask your own if you have them. Really be involved, not just want free toys. ;)

Good luck and I hope to see more from you! :)

• Members

I keep mine in the drawer next to my bed and if I know there are kids coming over I turn the nightstand so they can't open it lol

• Members

I use a pirate chest. You can get them online for a range of prices, depending on how realistic you want it, but it's Lockable AND Kinky.

Plus, what else would you want to hold your treasures in?

• Members

Innocent that is a great looking stash box. We found a wooden toy box at ALCO and instead of paint or stain I used my propane torch on it to blacken the grains in the wood. I will tell you that I had to stop because the heat was warping the wood and it almost went too far. The pillow might be OK but I would think that lube containers have a tendency to leak. A wet spot might be a giveaway. We have also kept them in the middle of our cedar blanket chest under a few blankets. Our bed that we bought for play is a modified Cali. King with 6 drawers built in and the mirrored canopy. We have kept some toys on top of the canopy and a few faves in the headboard then we just lock the door to the room.

I also love the pouches that some toys come with, for that added sense of privacy. I've also got a few Crown bags (the liquor) that the bottles sometimes come with (like in a gift box). It's purple and has a gold cord to tighten it up. I've got about 3 of those too.

• Members
I also love the pouches that some toys come with, for that added sense of privacy. I've also got a few Crown bags (the liquor) that the bottles sometimes come with (like in a gift box). It's purple and has a gold cord to tighten it up. I've got about 3 of those too.

So thats what is in them pretty crown bags I keep finding in peoples houses everywhere I go? Half these people don't drink and I was wondering why they had all those. I better take a few peaks inside the next time I go visit someone and find one laying around.

Glenn