Official Community Forums Home

Any Plans For Memorial Day Weekend?

Tyger

Well, my DH is gone for his week-long stint at work. But, even if he was home, with gas prices the way they are, we're staying our butts home!!!

• Members

bbq and pool time. seriously, is it friday yet?

• Members

No plans and I'm pretty annoyed about that. I wish I were back home :(

I could go to a Strawberry Fest and push my through a zillion people if I really wanted to!

• Members
We have a graduation party for my daughter...after that we are supposed to go to a cookout. After all the family stuff is over with I hope to spend some time fishing and relaxing.

congratulations on your daughters graduation!

Beach on friday, weather permitting and in-laws for the rest of the weekend; I hope I survive the in-laws

• Members

will be out on the boat with my friends on either Lake Lanier or Lake Alatoona martini in hand!

p.s.: ordered new sex toys last night. Maybe, just maybe they'll be here in time for, uh, some "getting to know you".. . . . khee, khee

• Members

I have to work.. <_<

If I had the weekend off, I would probably spend the extra cash to go see one of my good friends, and yes I would bring the tequilla. :P

But, alas I have to work, I need the money.

good thing it is time and a half, otherwise, I might be upset.

• Members

Oooh I'm making BLT macaroni salad! I loooove that stuff. I always double it.

Recipe below:

TASTE OF HOME MAGAZINE:

SERVINGS: 6

CATEGORY: Salads

METHOD: Chill

TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup mayonnaise

* 3 tablespoons chili sauce

* 2 tablespoons lemon juice

* 1 teaspoon sugar

* 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni

* 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato

* 2 tablespoons chopped green onions

* 3 cups shredded lettuce

* 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the macaroni, tomatoes and onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, add lettuce and bacon; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.

• Members

I am hoping my boyfriend can come up for a few days... but he has work on Saturday... hm... who knows?

• Members

A 6 year olds birthday party on Sat. On Sun we are going with another couple to see the new Indiana Jones movie. On Mon. We are taking the kids to the Providence Children's museum. Sexy huh??? :P

• Members

My daughter has Senior Prom on Saturday, and we will be getting ready for her graduation. We'll get flowers on my grandparents' graves.

• Members
My daughter has Senior Prom on Saturday, and we will be getting ready for her graduation. We'll get flowers on my grandparents' graves.

Congratulations on your daughter up coming graduation. What she doing next year? Work, or School? I have two in college and one in High school.

• Members
Congratulations on your daughter up coming graduation. What she doing next year? Work, or School? I have two in college and one in High school.

Thanks, ladylove. She will be working for the summer and fall, and will go off to college in January. She is my second to graduate, and the last is entering high school this fall. Where did the time go???

• Members

um...me and my SO were going to go up North...(not to Canada) and go 4wheeling...but those plans got dumped. Its my SO's friends parents place whom we were going to go camping at and stay the weekend.... but my SO's friend decided he didn't want me going.

Long story short...about May 5th I was on my way to physical therapy in the next town over, for my migraine headaches. It rained early in the morning but wasn't anymore when I got there. You have to go down outside stairs (metal grate) to get down to the physical therapy room with out going all over the clinic inside to get there. So, I took one step and fell...banged me up really bad. butt black and blue, bones bruised in right hand, left elbow cut so deep that i damaged a nerve, and left ankle really banged up...the area still hurts today and is alll hard and nasty. anyways, I was kicked out of my CNA class cuz they didnt want me doing clinicals like that. got laid off of work (their policy). and so i am going to go after the clinic for lost wages and so on. Well my SO's so call friend head that story and decided that i couldn't go cuz if i got hurt he didn't want me sueing his parents. Yet they have done this many years and lots and lots of people at one time. but i'm the only one who can't go. So my SO was like WTF?! Ok if your goign to be like that then i'm not going.

So, i'm not sure what we are doing this weekend anymore. Might go to the lake with my SO's family and swim. not sure.

• Members

Di's going to visit her mother for the weekend and I'm staying home; and hopefully the weather will cooperate, and I can get the garden planted. So it looks like I'm on my own for the next three days. :rolleyes:

• Members
Thanks, ladylove. She will be working for the summer and fall, and will go off to college in January. She is my second to graduate, and the last is entering high school this fall. Where did the time go???

I don't know were the the time goes either. My youngest is 16 and just got her permit....YIKES!

As I look at my other two children it amazes me, every day, that this young man and young woman were once my baby

• Members

Cut the grass. In a parade on Monday. Visit granny in the hostable (kids' word for the place). Mebbe visit friends tomorrow night for gristle (supper).