Official Community Forums Home

Ho Ho Ho Is Offensive To Women (in Australia)

Tyger

Ho Ho Ho is being replaced.

Now, How utterly anally ridiculous is this??? I mean really!! "What would you like for Christmas little girl? How about a suppository or an anal douche?"

Well, I guess you can figure how I feel. What do you think?

• Members

They should be more worried about things like this, not whether or not 'ho ho ho' might offend some delicate lady's sensitivities. x.x

• Members

That is just dumb.

What if I went down under to say Guh-Day to a mate. Then he said lets get lunch? I say sh sh sure. (if I stuttered)

So we go to a sub shop.

My pal orders a sub.

(if I was from Pennsylvania)

I'd ask for a ho ho hoagie.

WHAM!!

Off to jail I go. :o

• Members

I have to say this thread brought up an interesting thought I had yesterday watching Christmas videos with my kids.

I think people are taking themselves WAY too seriously these days.

We were watching the Christmas Classic movie "Santa Claus is comin' to town", you know the one, back from the early '70s that played on TV.

Well there is a song when Kris Kringle first starts giving out toys to the kids, a warm loving representation of unabashed giving...

"If you sit on my lap today, a kiss a toy is the price you'll pay..."

OK, so I guess we can add sexual preditor to Santa's list of vital sins... right up there with insulting the Australian 'ho population.

I say...give it a rest. Peace out brotha. B)

• Members

Care for a fag? I find it hard to believe that there are thugs in Australia that use this lingo. This sensitivity and PC horseshit is getting way out of hand. I hear they have been instructed to use HA-HA-HA instead. How could they allow street lingo to destroy a long standing tradition like this? I'm almost inclined to believe it is an election gimmick. Like Billary wanting to GIVE licenses to illegal immigrants.

• Members
I hear they have been instructed to use HA-HA-HA instead.

That sounds good on paper but when they get out on the street someone will be offended, because Santa is now laughing at them instead of calling "All Da Ho's." <_<

• Members

Oh PUH LEEEZE

What is this world coming to nowdays?

Geeze, people yell racisim for the tiniest infractions nowdays, "He flipped me the bird because

I cut him off, its racisim, I'm calling the union"

We sue anyone for anything "Have you or someone you know died from this medicine?"

Yeah sure, I took it and died, now gimme money.

To me, a "ho" is a garden tool, you use it to cut into the soil to remove weeds or make rows for seeds.

Or if you want to get raunchy, A ho is a skank, pure and simple,

one of the ladies of the night who wear too short too tight skirts that leave nothing to the imagination, shirts that are non existant, and makeup that reminds me of a circus clown gone crazy with the face paints.

I know both definitions, and I refuse to believe for even a half a second that some woman will walk by a bell ringing santa and him say the traditional "HO HO HO"

and she will get offended and tell him where to stick that bell, or offer him a freebie.

This world is just losing it,

whatever happened to the good old days of kids going to mall and seeing santa, sitting on his lap and telling them what they wantyed?

now they cant even do that, they have to stand next to him, for fear parents will sue for child molestation.

now he wont be able to speak.

great, Santa is a big fat guy in a red suit who commits breaking and entering to give away toys, he calls ladies names and molests small children.

I can see now that my grandkids will be fairly well adjusted....

• Members
Oh PUH LEEEZE

What is this world coming to nowdays?

Geeze, people yell racisim for the tiniest infractions nowdays, "He flipped me the bird because

I cut him off, its racisim, I'm calling the union"

We sue anyone for anything "Have you or someone you know died from this medicine?"

Yeah sure, I took it and died, now gimme money.

To me, a "ho" is a garden tool, you use it to cut into the soil to remove weeds or make rows for seeds.

Or if you want to get raunchy, A ho is a skank, pure and simple,

one of the ladies of the night who wear too short too tight skirts that leave nothing to the imagination, shirts that are non existant, and makeup that reminds me of a circus clown gone crazy with the face paints.

I know both definitions, and I refuse to believe for even a half a second that some woman will walk by a bell ringing santa and him say the traditional "HO HO HO"

and she will get offended and tell him where to stick that bell, or offer him a freebie.

This world is just losing it,

whatever happened to the good old days of kids going to mall and seeing santa, sitting on his lap and telling them what they wantyed?

now they cant even do that, they have to stand next to him, for fear parents will sue for child molestation.

now he wont be able to speak.

We should give a big THANK YOU to the long winded "need to make a name for myself" money grubbing lawyers of this world for forcing their narrow minded and politically driven views upon us. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Ho Ho Ho is being replaced.

Now, How utterly anally ridiculous is this??? I mean really!! "What would you like for Christmas little girl? How about a suppository or an anal douche?"

Well, I guess you can figure how I feel. What do you think?

I don't disagree with you 100%, but I can say from personal experience that there is a way to say it that CAN be offensive. It all depends on who is saying it and how.

• Members

Of course inflection is everything. Then you have to take the tone and body language of the person into consideration. No one should screw up a whole tradition because of a few bozo's who have no respect. No, this is a situation about people who are taking something almost universally looked at as innocent and blowing it way out of proportion.

Thurisas.

Of COURSE there are ways to say pretty much anything, and it can be offensive. However, I agree with Thurisas, I think it's stupid to ruin a normal Christmas tradition because some a$$h*ole may say "Ho Ho Ho" in a sexual manner. I mean, c'mon people!

• Members
The part of the article that said Santa is being instructed to say "Ha-ha-ha" instead made me ha-ha-ha out loud.

I hope you made sure there were no HO-HO-HO's around to be offended!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I heard about the HA-HA-HA thing and it's totally rediculous!! "Santa" has been saying HO-HO-HO for milleniums and for them to change it is insane. The ho's in his saying have NOTHING to do with sex at all. They need to leave Santa alone.....idiots.

• Members

People need to start growing some backbones again, seriously. Or go out and get a life. If you have time to get upset over something like that, you need to be doing somethimg.

I am actually preferential to the french's "ho ho ho" which is "tralala bouli bouli boulah!"

• 10 months later...
  • Members
People need to start growing some backbones again, seriously. Or go out and get a life. If you have time to get upset over something like that, you need to be doing somethimg.

I am actually preferential to the french's "ho ho ho" which is "tralala bouli bouli boulah!"

HAHAHA!! That sounds just like something Eddie Murphy or John Belushi or Dan Akroyd would say in one of their whacko movies. In fact the 'bouli bouli' part does remind me of a Eddie Murphy flick where he was some visiting prince from somewhere in Africa. Dan A. was in it too.

• Members

I have always Santa was a PIMP look at the way he dresses, he knows everything about you, that naught and nice list is all bout customers that have stiffed him. Think about it, soon they will be going after the Frosty the Snow man for dealing coke, how else can you explain it...

have a good weekend

• Members
Care for a fag? I find it hard to believe that there are thugs in Australia that use this lingo. This sensitivity and PC horseshit is getting way out of hand. I hear they have been instructed to use HA-HA-HA instead. How could they allow street lingo to destroy a long standing tradition like this? I'm almost inclined to believe it is an election gimmick. Like Billary wanting to GIVE licenses to illegal immigrants.
So am I to understand that all of this started in Australia?? I always thought Austrailians were pretty tough. Guess not. Or maybe their cities are full of retards from California or Utah. It's a shame.

• Members

I am so sick of people having to totally curb innocent phrases or words because one holier than thou someone gets offended. SOMEONE is eventually going to offend SOMEONE. People need to grow some back bone and let shit be.

HO HO HO mate. :rolleyes: